Craftsman's 150 gallon/567 litre Tank (4ftx2ftx2.5ft)

craftsman

Tubbs Blue with Luminous Green Zoas!

4259554474_c48ab2e289.jpg

Arghhhh that's the piece isn't it? ;)

Frag one of the blue ones for me next time leh! :eyebrow:

" ... and the sea cucumber turns to the mollusk and says, 'With fronds like these, who needs anemones?' " -Marlin the Clownfish-

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, Samsies... wait till it grows out a little more... ok?

No problem dude, all in good time ...

:upsidedown:

" ... and the sea cucumber turns to the mollusk and says, 'With fronds like these, who needs anemones?' " -Marlin the Clownfish-

wow turning into a stunning tank Craft.

and I love that conical blue polyp montis. :wub:

Cheers!

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• Senior Reefer

i spy a whipfin fairy wrasse. take notice of this fish as it has the potential to become a terror, especially to other wrasses.

otherwise, beautiful tomini tang and tank. pun intended. people normally shy away from tominis but i find them absolutely stunning with the beautiful white tail

• SRC Member
No experience with RBTA/BTA..... sorry, can't comment. The haddoni was already on a rock, and Henry was about to remove it from the rock when I decided to buy the rock as well so as not to stress the animal further. :)

I placed the rock with the animal in the centre of the tank. It didn't move after that.

From my experience with BTA... they usually will move around.. buying with the rock it's on is wise..:)

• Senior Reefer

bro craftsman i just spotted something very bad. your entire tubbs blue rock is infested with zoa pox. see those closed polyps that have the white "pimples"? these will kill your zoas in no time.

remove all infected rocks and pop all of them with something sharp like a toothpick. they will burst and ooze out a milky viscous liquid. after that, dip them in furan 2 for half an hour and repeated treatment everyday for 5 days, and then rest for 1 week. repeat until all pox are cleared.

i could be wrong since the photo is so small, and it could be sand or something. but do check coz if its pox, treat them early otherwise it will be too late

i spy a whipfin fairy wrasse. take notice of this fish as it has the potential to become a terror, especially to other wrasses.

otherwise, beautiful tomini tang and tank. pun intended. people normally shy away from tominis but i find them absolutely stunning with the beautiful white tail

Thanks Lemon. :rolleyes: Your eyes super powerful! The wrasse so dim also can spot. Ha ha ha ha... I'll keep a look out for it. So far, they've all been very peaceful. Also, the tank is fairly large, so got enough room for them to kee seow... :yeah:

Yeah, I love the tomini tang. My kids named it Tommy.... :lol: Very clean and dunno why, but I like their orange dorsal and whitish blue tail. :D

• Senior Reefer
Thanks Lemon. :rolleyes: Your eyes super powerful! The wrasse so dim also can spot. Ha ha ha ha... I'll keep a look out for it. So far, they've all been very peaceful. Also, the tank is fairly large, so got enough room for them to kee seow... :yeah:

Yeah, I love the tomini tang. My kids named it Tommy.... :lol: Very clean and dunno why, but I like their orange dorsal and whitish blue tail. :D

well.. its these pair of eyes than enable me to spot gems amongst the thorns :)

btw, do check up on my latest comment about your zoas. if it is indeed pox, do a thorough scan and treat them. have battled them before and won, but with some casualties. palythoas will not get pox. mostly zoas. some of them seem to be immune to it though.

bro craftsman i just spotted something very bad. your entire tubbs blue rock is infested with zoa pox. see those closed polyps that have the white "pimples"? these will kill your zoas in no time.

remove all infected rocks and pop all of them with something sharp like a toothpick. they will burst and ooze out a milky viscous liquid. after that, dip them in furan 2 for half an hour and repeated treatment everyday for 5 days, and then rest for 1 week. repeat until all pox are cleared.

i could be wrong since the photo is so small, and it could be sand or something. but do check coz if its pox, treat them early otherwise it will be too late

Wah... bro, its sand.... just now was moving the rock , and got sand onto the closed polyps... I dusted off before I placed it in its new place, but didn't get off all the sand...

Really gave me a scare there! :shock:

Thanks by the way for being observant. Xie Xie!!! :thanks:

Wah... bro, its sand.... just now was moving the rock , and got sand onto the closed polyps... I dusted off before I placed it in its new place, but didn't get off all the sand...

phew false alarm... my heart almost pop out......

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

wow turning into a stunning tank Craft.

and I love that conical blue polyp montis. :wub:

Cheers!

Thanks Jacky! Yeah, I like the blue polyp monti as well... I wonder if it has a name.... :mellow:

I initial took a second look at Cedricng's Galaxy Comet Blue MontiCap... and wonder if its the same... :unsure: but i doubt it...

post-1460-1262960384_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

lol great! sorry for overreacting... eveyrtime i see white spots on zoas i freak. the time taken to cure them is insane. not to mention the trouble. do regularly inspect them from time to time, and if u see any symptoms, just get furan 2. if u ever need, let me know. have a constant supply....

:P at least u learn how to ID pox!!

lol great! sorry for overreacting... eveyrtime i see white spots on zoas i freak. the time taken to cure them is insane. not to mention the trouble. do regularly inspect them from time to time, and if u see any symptoms, just get furan 2. if u ever need, let me know. have a constant supply....

:P at least u learn how to ID pox!!

ok.. thanks bro... scary man... I guess I'm still fairly new into the hobby, and have not yet had the pain of going through these diseases.... Hopefully never experience though. :whistle