Behaviour of bicolor angel

haimi

I have bought another bicolor after the first one RIP last week. Just couldn't resist buying another one due to the beauty of this crature.

But his time round, i wanna make sure things are done perfectly.

Need advice from you guys on the behaviour of this specie. On the first day and second, it has been veery active swimming around my tank and

scanning the glass tank up and down. Is this normal? Or is it due to stress? Thanks.

• 2 months later...

I've kept them twice... and both died due to them not wanting to feed. It's quite sad since they are very beautiful.

At least my Midnight Dwarf Angel is doing great.

FOWLR Tank : Decom

Invert Tank: Decom

Current Tank: 2 ft with 2ft sump, 2 pyjama Cardinals, 1 Watchman Goby, 8 sand gobies, common saltwater shrimps, 3 turbo snails. 1 super green paly

• SRC Member

Hi bro

After much reading on bi-color angel, I think it need to be the first fish into the tank. Once it start feeding and stable, it should be fine mixing with others fishes.

What I did for my pair of bi-color as follow:

1. Introduce my bi-color as my first fish into my main tank after the tank been cycled for 1 month.

2. Brought another bi-color (slightly bigger) and kept in my QT.

3. After 3 months, I introduce the bi-color from the QT into the main tank as my second fish.

This pair of bi-color (not sure if they are 1 male and 1 female) been in my tank now for 2.5 years with other of my fishes.

got mine from ah beng last week

moment i put in kana wack by my eibli and singapore angel

few minutes later KING yellow tang and coral beauty join in the fun

luckily this event did not last more than 2 hours

that night already eating frozen cyclop eeze

in my tank for more than a week

taking cyclop eeze, mysis and a bit of seaweed now

hopefully it can recover from the bruises

good luck

got mine from ah beng last week

moment i put in kana wack by my eibli and singapore angel

few minutes later KING yellow tang and coral beauty join in the fun

luckily this event did not last more than 2 hours

that night already eating frozen cyclop eeze

in my tank for more than a week

taking cyclop eeze, mysis and a bit of seaweed now

hopefully it can recover from the bruises

good luck

That is encouraging, I may try bicolor again.

• 3 months later...
  • Senior Reefer

bicolours are very difficult. place them in tanks with plenty of liverock and try weaning them onto live food first. then slowly wean to frozen and maybe even dry food.

• SRC Member

Me too had never succeed therefore after 1st died I never had the 2nd wan ever again.

Sigh...

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

• SRC Member

? i got one bicolour for months, no issue. super lucky after reading this post. :groupwavereversed:

any 1 wants 1? $15 haha, it's shy at first but after that it's ok after 1-2 weeks in the main tank

Maybe after u sell change of environment stress then ko. Dangerous. :P

• SRC Member

Saw some feeding bicolor in LCK last time and being there for about a month yet nobody buying. Quite strange leh???? :blink:

WHY YOU NEVER TELL ME got feeding bicolor!!!!! :chair:

Joking bro. I got 1 from SL feeding well, still have not surrender IC :yahoo:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my favourite fish only.

Give me one more chance....

Aren't bi colour angels easy to keep. Hey lemon how's your multibar coming along. Don't forget me when you plan to see your angels.

• SRC Member

lol hi bigbird. are u back? :D

Haha only small tang to keep me going only this time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Senior Reefer

Aren't bi colour angels easy to keep. Hey lemon how's your multibar coming along. Don't forget me when you plan to see your angels.

bicolours are one of the hardest dwarves to keep. a few years ago, bicolours were thought to be impossible to keep. only now are hand caught/net caught specimens appearing, they stand a chance.

bicolours are almost always caught with cyanide a few years ago and this made it impossible to keep them as they are already difficult to begin with.

will be on hunting mode for rare angels and butterflies soon. lemme know what you're interested in.

i dunno about my angels now since i have not gone to iwarna, but judging from the health of the angels, they should be doing fine, if not feeding already. but dunno, they could also all be dead now :D

Haha only small tang to keep me going only this time.

waiting for the king of angels to be back! HAHAHA.

• SRC Member

waiting for the king of angels to be back! HAHAHA.