Wrasse community mix reef 200g

dachkie

• SRC Member
Wow bro nice rics u have :eyeblur: Wow ur friend got 200 over rics ah can go c c or nt.. :yeah:

you met him already what, you call him and ask to visit his tank lor you got his number lol

Mix Reef Tank: 5ft x 2.5ft x 2ft mixed reef

Chiller: daikin 1hp compressor

Return: Red Dragon 6.5m3

Lighting: Aqua Lumen Ocean 4ft

Skimmer: Reef Octopus RO-RPS-5000-EXT w/ Bubble Blaster

CR: RM 824 /milwakee PH controller

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

American Pinpoint PH monitor

American Pinpoint ORP Monitor with Resun Ozone

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

469748_10150741487628605_529506809_o_zps36d5c396.jpg

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
wooooo.. nice rics... luckily i know where you stay... heehehe :fear::fear:

ok thanks for reminding me to lock up my window on top of the frag tank lol

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

• SRC Member

ya she will kill if needed to

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

• SRC Member

wah sian , my 2nd flame wrasse just died for no reason again, and best part is i saw him twitching away and just stop breathing, all i did was just a water change, think i will give up on flame wrasse if they are so sensitive

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

due to the black basket not being able to sit properly in the frag tank , shots are abit weird angle

another shot with more of the tri-colours put into the centre of the baskets

SUPER RICS!!!! knew you must have gotten all the superb stuff, coz those leftovers that i bought are already quite decent...

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• SRC Supporter
wah sian , my 2nd flame wrasse just died for no reason again, and best part is i saw him twitching away and just stop breathing, all i did was just a water change, think i will give up on flame wrasse if they are so sensitive

Sorry to hear tat....:(

• SRC Member
SUPER RICS!!!! knew you must have gotten all the superb stuff, coz those leftovers that i bought are already quite decent...

mai ai ni lah bro , i dont usually have chance to chiong shipment because of work , long time then get to chiong once must sao abit

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

• SRC Member
Sorry to hear tat....:(

no luck with wrasse leh dont know why, feeding and flashing all the time and then just suddenly kaput like that ,

all other fishes also healthy so dont think its water condition, unless he is not eating enough , looks a little slim thou

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

no luck with wrasse leh dont know why, feeding and flashing all the time and then just suddenly kaput like that ,

all other fishes also healthy so dont think its water condition, unless he is not eating enough , looks a little slim thou

Bro never mind la dont give up,can buy & put inside my tank i help u to babysit..Hee Hee... :whistle

|| Tank: 5x2x2.5 || Sump 3.5x1.5.1.5 || Lights: DeLighting 2x80w Aquable Special T5 ||

|| Return: 2 x ehiem 1264 || Skimmer: Skimz SM251 ||

|| CR: deltec denitrator || ATO with custom make reservior tank||

|| FR: TLF running Rowas ,UV ||

|| Wavemaker: Jebao RE20& RW15|| Chiller: Daikin 1HP Compressor ||

|| Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor ||

• Senior Reefer

bro dont give up. play deeper water wrasse like this 1 :( feeding and flashing still can die is very common. flame still not so bad.. rhomboid... my first rhomboid died within 24 hours. despite feeding. den my friends also started dying 1 by 1. some even keep 1 month flashing and eating still die. my 1 rhomboid die within 24 hours more pain for me than your 2 flame die. :( summore i also had a flame wrasse die on me before.

1st time was in a car accident then the bang was too loud, shock the fish and die. 2nd time was jump out. this is my 3rd flame wrasse and blessed, its ok. my current rhomboid is lucky to be able to buy from digiman. his is very stable and feeding. i think the entire batch of 9 rhomboids from last shipment, digiman's one was the only 1 that survive.

• SRC Member
bro dont give up. play deeper water wrasse like this 1 :( feeding and flashing still can die is very common. flame still not so bad.. rhomboid... my first rhomboid died within 24 hours. despite feeding. den my friends also started dying 1 by 1. some even keep 1 month flashing and eating still die. my 1 rhomboid die within 24 hours more pain for me than your 2 flame die. :( summore i also had a flame wrasse die on me before.

1st time was in a car accident then the bang was too loud, shock the fish and die. 2nd time was jump out. this is my 3rd flame wrasse and blessed, its ok. my current rhomboid is lucky to be able to buy from digiman. his is very stable and feeding. i think the entire batch of 9 rhomboids from last shipment, digiman's one was the only 1 that survive.

well gonna get a rhomboid and another flame wrasse from irwana's shipment later , i already prepared for the worse " duno why i still try"

but i think i never told you my story when i had around 20+ wrasse ( 2 linetus / 2 laboutei all aussie ) (at least 10 splendid leopards) ( 1 christmas) ( 2 exquisite )( 1 rosy scale) ( and a few flashers)die in a period of 2 months plus , couldnt find any problem at all , tested water also ok and i only finally found out the reason is because of a choked sulfphur denitrator giving out toxins, had to do a 50% water change then only problem rectified , i almost decommed just before i found out the problem , why did i fixed the problem damn lol decommed would have made my life better

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

• Senior Reefer
well gonna get a rhomboid and another flame wrasse from irwana's shipment later , i already prepared for the worse " duno why i still try"

but i think i never told you my story when i had around 20+ wrasse ( 2 linetus / 2 laboutei all aussie ) (at least 10 splendid leopards) ( 1 christmas) ( 2 exquisite )( 1 rosy scale) ( and a few flashers)die in a period of 2 months plus , couldnt find any problem at all , tested water also ok and i only finally found out the reason is because of a choked sulfphur denitrator giving out toxins, had to do a 50% water change then only problem rectified , i almost decommed just before i found out the problem , why did i fixed the problem damn lol decommed would have made my life better

lol dont say that lah. fix always better. decom wait you tempted to redo. and trust me u will redo! haha. jiayou for tomorro's rhomboid. i believe the flame will be okay. 3rd time's a charm! and flames arent that difficult bah, so this time you surely succeed. rhomboid i dont say anything yet ok? haha! jiayou can liao. choose healthy one most important. alpha but unhealthy oso no use :(

• SRC Member

i believe its bacteria based that affecting your wrasse. something that cannot be checked by test kits till date.

add UV and ozone will help.

all the best.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• Senior Reefer

my personal take on the situation is a combination of a few factors bah.

bacterial infections (not much we can do, usually too late to treat. furan works if you wanna try)

poor handling since they are deeper water specimens (nothing we can do. leave it to fate)

cannot adapt well because we mostly buy big alpha ones (try to buy, if possible, smaller sized wrasse. they adapt MUCH better.)

too stress already from shipping, yet no proper acclimation in LFS (buy them straight from the shipping bag. dont give LFS repack. go home and drip)

shocked by various water parameters in a span of few hours (as above, go home drip straight from bag. dont let LFS repack)

lighitng of our tanks very bright as compared to their deeper water habitat (turn off lighting or dim it to very low. light shock can send a cirrhilabrus jumping like mad)

internal parasites (nothing we can do, too late to treat once found out. can try feeding them prazipro or something)

infection of swim bladder due to improper decompression (swim bladder disease very hard to treat. almost always a slow death)

if using a decompressing needle, never poke properly, lead to infection. (if obvious puncture wounds on deepwater fishes, dont buy. never decompress properly)

big wrasses don't ship well. a combination of all of these is enough to kill one no problem. bacterial infection, i agree with that too, but abit skeptical... if on the outside of the body, characteristic of mycobacterium will be cloudyness and "blurry" skin. internal wise, if they are feeding very well and suddenly die for no reason, it is quite unlikely bacterial infection. unless they are not feeding to begin with.

its impossible to pin-point the exact cause for these deaths in deepwater fairies. all we can do is hope we get the right 1.

all advice above just IME, IMO. wont guarantee success but it will definately make your new fish more accustomed to captive life.

• SRC Member

yalor cant rem who is the 1 who gave me the wrasse poison, i wanna go and give him rat poison lol,

anyway this morning while feeding my QT , i realise my huge healthy feeding like pig laboutei rom reborn is now down with ich and he looks damn stress, sian

i think i will not QT wrasses anymore, they dont seem to take QT well at all, this 1 really seem extremely healthy and strong , solo chose for me the biggest and fattest that day, but you did not get to see it because i left before you got there. later the rhomboid and flame i just gonna drip and throw into the display and let fate do its thing , no more QT for me( at least not for wrasses

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

• SRC Member
i believe its bacteria based that affecting your wrasse. something that cannot be checked by test kits till date.

add UV and ozone will help.

all the best.

ya i got ozone running, i got other wrasses but they all seem fine , 1 small laboutei, 1 christmas , 2 social, 1 filament , 1 exquisite

lemon can take the wrasse word out of my tank thread?

dont seem to be making it haha

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

• Senior Reefer

haha bro. cannto edit thread title :)

never mind. i dont QT my wrasses also. at most betta few days. good luck with your rhomboid. dont worry about ich. wrasses not so jialat. my laboutei first week ich now ok liao. they will get used to it and resist it after awhile. my laboutei also quite big and very greedy... but i think not as nice as yours becoz mine one of the last few hehe. but ok lah. still v nice. tail got alot of patterns and flashes well.

i got a female rhomboid just now to pair with my male. feeding on pellets liao. will betta box a few days/1 week then release. should have gotten 3 females make a harem!... just now dunno why i took 1 nia -_- regret :( :(

• SRC Member

just called auntie i going down to take the rhomboid and flame which i reserved, she say only 1 flame for me , got 2 rhomboids got scratch on the body she pull out for selling 1st and wait for them to recover, good intergrity and service, thats y i like to patronise them

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

• SRC Member

today is another sad day, if i lost anymore wrasse i will ban myself from wrasse and i will wack any1 who ask me want wrasse or not

super super chio alpha laboutei from reborns latest shipment , super healthy eater initially until i set up my frag tank few days ago so i shifted the tank light to the frag tank and the QT tank was in only room light so i did not know that it suffered from brokylnella ( suspected) did so much things to keep him alive then rush down to clementi to buy formalin and came back to a dead fish. this time is the ultimate sian , the worst of losing any of my fish , this is my fave and nicest of them all and i only got to keep it for 1 week, sad angry and guilty for killing such a beautiful specimen

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

• SRC Member
Sorry to hear that bro.. Take it easy man... Guess in reefing sure bound to have such things happening one... Chill man... Buy you beer next time I go over to your place k?

i dun drink beer leh , can bring over a bottle of cordon bleu?

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

• SRC Member
i dun drink beer leh , can bring over a bottle of cordon bleu?

Can bring cordon bleu bottle but inside is chinese tea. Can??? :eyebrow::whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member
Can bring cordon bleu bottle but inside is chinese tea. Can??? :eyebrow::whistle

i so sad you still wanna cheat me, ok lah you bring over i pour over your head , get some entertainment

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424