stewpid

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
Yea!It isnt stable at all!AHHA!it ranges from 3.5-4cm on all sides...ok?or shld i remove some?!

Kinda personal preference, but since its a pico, I would go for less sand, prolly around 1" thickness max. It won't serve much purpose other than aesthetics.

Kinda personal preference, but since its a pico, I would go for less sand, prolly around 1" thickness max. It won't serve much purpose other than aesthetics.

+1 on the 1 inch.

Since pico, you will be getting small fishes => high possibilities on gobies.

Some sand will be better.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

very nice scape! not bad for "newbie" liao larh. my first scape was -_-

Thx...went to reef depot to get some epoxy and stick the rocks...scape look slighlty diff now...hhaha...not really liking it :(

Remove some sand as well since most people thinks its too thick...

Still can't find the freaking crab...will try the glass bottle technique once i get my hands on a BRANDS chicken essence bottle!

• SRC Member
can see u r enjoying the hobby :) wait for my exams to finish can chiong lfs together with niki and reddevilz.

:eyeblur: what about me....

btw stew you sure on 4 blue 2 white? lol I love the blue effect, but you might want to give yourself more room to play with (3blue 3 white)? If you want, can always add a dimmer on white or blue to play ard. Just a suggestion.

btw stew you sure on 4 blue 2 white? lol I love the blue effect, but you might want to give yourself more room to play with (3blue 3 white)? If you want, can always add a dimmer on white or blue to play ard. Just a suggestion.

+1. 4 - 2 combo should be too blue.

Might want to attached 3 blue 2 white 1st. Can sell off the other blue one or keep it as spare in case if this combo is already blue enough.

my 2 cents.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

Hey!Yea...I have considered HARD and LONG about it...but as i never seen the effect yet so i cant really tell what i will like...I will leave options to add 2 more white just in case i buay tahan the color! :upsidedown:

stewp, can share where to get the LEDs and how to set it up? im having a pico too... headache for the lightings. :thanks:

Hey!Yea!pico is a hard 1...i wanted to do compact PL at 1st...but after some thinking...tot LEDs were the best for picos as it does not have the heat of MH.

You can try pm sherman for SSC LEDs...i got mine from him...if not you can order online from dealextreme

+1. 4 - 2 combo should be too blue.

Might want to attached 3 blue 2 white 1st. Can sell off the other blue one or keep it as spare in case if this combo is already blue enough.

my 2 cents.

Ok!i will see the effect once i get it done!if too blue then might add 2 more white or remove 1 blue...this 1 gotta trial and error...and my tank is not that tall so will have to see the intensity also and adjust height accordingly

Tt's some insane looking heatsink + fans to cool your LEDs! :)

confirm will not overheat.

HAHAH!I got them from my old PC!so its free!LOL!Tonight will try solder them and give it a test run :rolleyes:

awaiting eagerly :)