Fishshop at chinatown...Qns bout pico reef tank

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bro don't worry my hermit crab doesn't acttack my fish at all view with ur own eyes been with me for a yr liao survive from my tank crash and all sort of diesea now it a strong fellow not really scare of human movement also and only take pellets if u like it i can pass it to u but see weather my wife approve on that or not cause it also one of her pet

bro don't worry my hermit crab doesn't acttack my fish at all view with ur own eyes been with me for a yr liao survive from my tank crash and all sort of diesea now it a strong fellow not really scare of human movement also and only take pellets if u like it i can pass it to u but see weather my wife approve on that or not cause it also one of her pet

K bro will go home tonight and check whether everyone is ok anot. My fish like to squeeze togatger with my hermit donno y =.=. Friend friend I guess... Yrs oso electric blue ah? Tonight go buy some pellets...

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

if i mixed too much saltmix water can i store them in a fridge and take out in a weeks time, air renate it and use it again for the nxt water change?

coz i got 2 btls now in my fridge,hoping to use it on the coming weekend..mixed 8 btls of distilled last week for my water change..sibei ex lor like this every week..

its it ok if i js get something to treat my water and use it for water change?top water i will still continue to use distilled though...

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

normally it is fill the test vial with your tank water to the marking on the test vial (usually 5 ml)

add the solution provided in the box drop by drop and shake the vial at each drop.

Count the number of drops until the solution changes from blue to yellow.

That is your dKH.

try to achieve 7 -12

I Js tried testing my kh again.. its lower now but 16... are there are products that can bring my KH down?

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

Storing mixed saltwater in the fridge should be no problem, there are some who store NSW outside of the fridge for up to 4 weeks with no problems also.

But providing some aeration would probably be a good idea for room temperature storage.

Just be sure to bring your saltwater to room temperature before you add it to the tank.

The easiest (cheapest) way to bring down your KH is water changes.

If you intend to use salt mix in the long run, you might want to seriously consider home delivery of distilled water (Water cooler sized bottles) or an RO system like the Crystal Pro.

I Js tried testing my kh again.. its lower now but 16... are there are products that can bring my KH down?

... maybe we can exchange some waater :)

I am having problem raising mine and yours too high.

How did you get it to be so high in the 1st place???

hmmmm.........

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

hmmmm.........

Most likely the brand / batch of salt mix he bought. Unless the bottled water is mineral water instead of distilled :pirate:

hmmmm.........

Hmm i used red sea salt last time..after that i changed to oceanic coral pro salt then dropped to 16...er.. i use distilled water mix de wor..alamak :huh:

ANy1 1 got lobang of distilled water delivery?everytime go down buy oso mafun sia :erm:

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

update* just tested my KH today.it had a good ten! :lol: maybe the new sea salt i use (oceanic) realli improved the reading.recently oso put in some pro-activated carbon instead of the carbon which came with my buget canister..

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

• 2 years later...
  • SRC Member

where is the shop???

chinatown where

the 2nd level hawker centre, there is a link bridge u will see the shop. there's shop selling Chinese offerings stuffs. u can ask around. there's only 1 fish shop. it's been around 30 over yrs...

Tank size:36"x36"x24"

Return pump" 2x Reef Octo 5000

Skimmer:BK Double Cone 200 on Reef Octopus DC 5500s.

Wavemaker:2xVortech MP40wES

Chemical filtration:1xeducator FR(biopellets)

Chiller:1hp Daikin compressor.

Lighting:2 x Kessil A360we

Auto topup system: JBJ ATO + new jet 1200

Dosing system: Kamoer 3 channel.

Additives: ESV 2 part.

Power consumption

2XReef Octo 5000: 120watts

BK skimmer:50watts

2xVortech wavemaker:70watts

Daikin compressor:775watts

Lighting:180watts

Ato system:21watts

Exhaust fans:16watts

Refugium light:27watts

• SRC Member

Its near the famous frog leg porridge but not same building.

2nd floor from the linked bridge of hawker centre. Go to the famous Tian Tian Porridge side of hawker centre and find that bridge

2 Feet Tank: (Decom Feb 2015)
-Lightings : Pharos LED light 90W with wireless controller
-Chiller : Arctica 1/10HP with H2Ocean Flow Pump 2000

-Wavemaker : Vortech MP10ES
-Skimmer : Bubble Magus NAC 3.5

-Return Pump : Eheim Compact 3000
-Reactor – TLF150 (Mod) with NP Biopellet
-Reactor – TLF150 with Rowaphos