Desi & Ketchup 4x2.5x2 tank

desideria

Hi des and ketchup, did you get your carpet anemone from Henry's? Plan to get one but am doubtful it'll survive in my tank. Read a few articles that an ideal time to introduce one should be about 1 yr so any tips to share?

• SRC Member
Hi des and ketchup, did you get your carpet anemone from Henry's? Plan to get one but am doubtful it'll survive in my tank. Read a few articles that an ideal time to introduce one should be about 1 yr so any tips to share?

Yes, it's from Henry... Desi told me Henry has some nicer colour ones but bigger in size...

• SRC Member

Havent update for a few days...

the gigantea carpet is gone.. and we suspect it ate one of our bartlett anthias as it cant be found...

Seriously considering whether we should keep carpet anemone... very pitiful to see our 2 small black osci swimming in one corner of the tank near the sandbed last nite.. haiz...

Other than that, added in some corals.. a pink alvepora, a small piece of orange/blue ric, an orange flat coral... on sand bed.. cant rem call what already and a small frag of zoas which we place near the brain corals..

All doing well at the moment and we keeping our fingers crossed.. Desi may upload some pics tonight.

• SRC Member

Yeah I don't know whether it's because I touched it too often (3 attempts) or what factors... but after putting it down so nicely the first time, the whole thing moved and in 24 hours when I came back from work, I found it flipped over with it's base upwards and mouth downwards in the sand.. so I touched it the 2nd time with my bare hands and moved it to a corner of the tank with low flow.... then AGAIN after 24 hours it slowly flipped over after I target feed it a couple of squirts of mysis.....

I decided to give it one more attempt to move it as it was facing the little cave where our bartlet anthias always goes to for fear it would eat our fish ( which i THINK it ate one..) however this last attempt could have been my and its undoing as it was sticking to my fingers ( i tried to use my corallife glove but it made my fingers devoid of feeling so I just used my bare hands) and I could NOT get it off without jerking my hands violently away. and within 24 hours, we could tell it was a goner. :(:cry2:

I kinda regret attempting to move it the 3rd time.. maybe if I did not touch it and heck care that it was facing the anthias cave... it would have survived... but then.. MAYBE the rest of the anthias would have been it's dinner.. so.. who knows.. HAIZ....

Live and Learn.

:paiseh:

Desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

the gigantea carpet is gone.. and we suspect it ate one of our bartlett anthias as it cant be found...

Seriously considering whether we should keep carpet anemone... very pitiful to see our 2 small black osci swimming in one corner of the tank near the sandbed last nite.. haiz...

Other than that, added in some corals.. a pink alvepora, a small piece of orange/blue ric, an orange flat coral... on sand bed.. cant rem call what already and a small frag of zoas which we place near the brain corals..

All doing well at the moment and we keeping our fingers crossed.. Desi may upload some pics tonight.

Are you getting anemone for your clowns?

Thinking of getting one too for my clown;

because my one clown has the torch coral; while the other often swimming blindlessly when the light is off;

as my torch coral is too small to host 2 clowns.

(-_-) Happy will do ... (o_o)

• SRC Member

will this help? my clown seems to like it.

post-17544-1265165333_thumb.jpg

God Blessed all who appreciate His wonderful and beautiful creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my first reef aquarium 15jan2010

3x2x2ft EOS 10mm tank with sump//deltec sc2060 skimmer//arctica 1/10hp chiller

maxpect g2 170w led//vortech mp40w wavemaker//eheim 1262 universal pump

eheim compact+ 3000 chiller pump//caribsea ocean direct live sands 40lbs

and other misc...

• SRC Member
Are you getting anemone for your clowns?

Thinking of getting one too for my clown;

because my one clown has the torch coral; while the other often swimming blindlessly when the light is off;

as my torch coral is too small to host 2 clowns.

Still deciding... the other consideration we have is that we still have a tomato with a newly hosted Pink BTA yet to put into main tank.. So now very scared...

• SRC Member
Thats long tentacle plate coral right?

yep, it is :D

and other misc...

Yeah I don't know whether it's because I touched it too often (3 attempts) or what factors... but after putting it down so nicely the first time, the whole thing moved and in 24 hours when I came back from work, I found it flipped over with it's base upwards and mouth downwards in the sand.. so I touched it the 2nd time with my bare hands and moved it to a corner of the tank with low flow.... then AGAIN after 24 hours it slowly flipped over after I target feed it a couple of squirts of mysis.....

I decided to give it one more attempt to move it as it was facing the little cave where our bartlet anthias always goes to for fear it would eat our fish ( which i THINK it ate one..) however this last attempt could have been my and its undoing as it was sticking to my fingers ( i tried to use my corallife glove but it made my fingers devoid of feeling so I just used my bare hands) and I could NOT get it off without jerking my hands violently away. and within 24 hours, we could tell it was a goner. :(:cry2:

I kinda regret attempting to move it the 3rd time.. maybe if I did not touch it and heck care that it was facing the anthias cave... it would have survived... but then.. MAYBE the rest of the anthias would have been it's dinner.. so.. who knows.. HAIZ....

Live and Learn.

:paiseh:

Desi

is anemone that fragile? i always think that anemone is super hardy...

but again, one of mine keep moving, i think it's on the way too...sigh

• SRC Member
is anemone that fragile? i always think that anemone is super hardy...

but again, one of mine keep moving, i think it's on the way too...sigh

hmm, like what desi says lor.. i think she moves it too much. The anemone sticks to her hand too long and she shake it off..

• SRC Member
wow.. i just read thru your thread and i must say that you both have everything planned out very very well!

great looking tank!!!

thanks! still very much Work-in-process... only abt 5 weeks since we had the tank... now tank full of diatoms and algae :upsidedown:

• SRC Member
you mean updated photos ah? Desi has some on her FB.. and a videoclip as well i think... i think she may link it later :eyebrow:

cool :whistle quick link it. many reefers want to see including me :lol:

and other misc...

• SRC Member
thanks! still very much Work-in-process... only abt 5 weeks since we had the tank... now tank full of diatoms and algae :upsidedown:

i notice you have a huge refugium area... you may like to consider doing a scrubber... heard many positive reviews on it.. =]

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• SRC Member

Thanks Ray for the comments.. I will post up some pics tonight but right now i'm trying to embed the vid I uploaded to FB here.. Hhmm doesn't seem to work.

anyway despite all the planning, our chiller is not able to chill down our water whenever the MH is on. 1/4 Artica chiller is unable to do so because of the full floor to cabinet work and the 500 watts of MH burning down on my water in an enclosed environment. :( now we are trying to work it out with the LFS to find ways and means to HELP our chiller out. Even the agent came down this morning to our place and said that in the same circumstance only a 1/2 HP chiller can maintain the temp. :( sigh.... let's see how we shall overcome this challenge.

DARN.. I can't embed the vid! :(

Desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member
i notice you have a huge refugium area... you may like to consider doing a scrubber... heard many positive reviews on it.. =]

We have some chaeto.. not growing very fast now as now on normal light timing as our tomato clown and boxer shrimp inside together with the RBTA..

• SRC Member
Thanks Ray for the comments.. I will post up some pics tonight but right now i'm trying to embed the vid I uploaded to FB here.. Hhmm doesn't seem to work.

anyway despite all the planning, our chiller is not able to chill down our water whenever the MH is on. 1/4 Artica chiller is unable to do so because of the full floor to cabinet work and the 500 watts of MH burning down on my water in an enclosed environment. :( now we are trying to work it out with the LFS to find ways and means to HELP our chiller out. Even the agent came down this morning to our place and said that in the same circumstance only a 1/2 HP chiller can maintain the temp. :( sigh.... let's see how we shall overcome this challenge.

DARN.. I can't embed the vid! :(

Desi

Ya... now chiller problem.. must find a way to solve it...

Darling, u upload to youtube then link the link here lor.

• SRC Member
haha.. come see the real tank la... :P open house!

yeah, organize an open house pot luck reef party la :lol:

and other misc...