Kimkim's pico tank(5G) log

kimkim23

Sadly i woke up today and found 1 of my baby clowns is missing :cry: donno wat happen..sign.. didnt see much symptons of anything wrong with it.js vanished into thin air..sob sob..

Everything else is doing ok.But as per usual my zoas not opening much.. found my missing blue eyed hermit though..

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
Sadly i woke up today and found 1 of my baby clowns is missing :cry: donno wat happen..sign.. didnt see much symptons of anything wrong with it.js vanished into thin air..sob sob..

Everything else is doing ok.But as per usual my zoas not opening much.. found my missing blue eyed hermit though..

Dead or hiding???

Any updated tank shots? Maybe it's time for you to get new frags... :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

wierd. LS in small tank also can go missing. lol. :lol:

Reefing since 2003
 4ft x 2ft x 2ft Mixed Reef (BB):-
50 Gal Sump,

Apex Controlled System (Lab grade),
Deltec SC1455 Protein Skimmer,
Vortech MP40wQD,

Jebao RW-15

Maxspect Razor 320w
Eheim 1260 Return Pump,
Hailea HS-66A 1/4HP chiller,
TLF Reactor 150, running HydroCarbon 

wierd. LS in small tank also can go missing. lol. :lol:

Super weird lor. But I realli can't find it haiz. Wonder did it suffer the same fate as my purple firefish. I did notice it like to hover ard the surface ytd but before I slept it went bak to it's normal regime of hovering in the middle with it's buddy. Too bad fish can't talk arbo can ask the one still ard where's it's missing buddy. Haiz. Sad

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

• SRC Member

got look ard the surroundings of the tank? maybe it jump out? Highly unlikely though. Since they are so small, they are actually capable of squeezing into the smallest of holes in your LR. They might be hiding inside some hole tt you can't see.

got look ard the surroundings of the tank? maybe it jump out? Highly unlikely though. Since they are so small, they are actually capable of squeezing into the smallest of holes in your LR. They might be hiding inside some hole tt you can't see.

stuck in your skimmer?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

kimkim how is ure skimmer?skimming well?im using the same 1 like urs but dont seem working that well.

2 FEET CUBE REEF DISCO(60cmx60cmx60cm)

TOTAL 286 LITERS WITH SUMP

LIGHTS:PHAROS LED 90 WATTS WITH WIRELESS CONTROLLER

RETURN PUMP:EHEIM 1260
CHILLER:HAILEA 150A + EHEIM COMPACT 1000 WITH EXT TEMP CONTROLLER
WAVEMAKER:JEBAO WP25
REACTOR:TLF PHOSBAN REACTOR 150 WITH EHEIM 600(ROWAPHOS)
SKIMMER:H&H S150 WITH AQUABEE 2000/1

MEDIA:BACTERIA KING

GLASS CLEANER:ALGAE FREE PIRANHA FLOAT WITH EASY BLADE

ATO:TUNZE NANO OSMOLATOR 3152

RO/DI PURIFIER:ZeRO EX5 - RO/DI ULTRA 200 WITH HM DIGITAL DM-1 IN-LINE DUAL TDS METER

i checked ard the tank and inside the skimmer, all bor sia..the rocks i dont wanna move it coz its's my jawfish's home and i dont wanna unsettle it..haiz..shd had gone to fishy heaven liao..guess it shd be makan by my hermit again .

my hermit is a expensive one..coz it devour my firefish and now 1 black occelaris.. :nc:

ogykogy my prizm doing well ah.skimz out tea o whenever i overfeed esp when i target feed my suns.

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

Heres a update.. hmmm.. my missing baby black clown realli went heaven liao i think,body cant be found :pinch:

Changed water today as usual and got some pinky birdnest frags from snowman bro who lived nearby,he gave me some nice red algea plants and a green monti to try.

everyone has settled down.god bless tigger and "orr jam jam" 'my gf names my fishes =/' will all do well for times to fellow..

Oh ya suay suay the zoas i got from jacky i think was carried into my jawfish's cave..doink..think i see it inside but i decided not to dig it out or move the rocks..dont wanna scare tigger later jump out again..dont wanna risk that alamak..

well heres a pic of my humble seascape on my 28th birthday haha..Too bad couldnt get some new zoas from peter today, arbo could had took 1 with them

IMG_6114.jpg

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

• SRC Member
Heres a update.. hmmm.. my missing baby black clown realli went heaven liao i think,body cant be found :pinch:

Changed water today as usual and got some pinky birdnest frags from snowman bro who lived nearby,he gave me some nice red algea plants and a green monti to try.

everyone has settled down.god bless tigger and "orr jam jam" 'my gf names my fishes =/' will all do well for times to fellow..

Oh ya suay suay the zoas i got from jacky i think was carried into my jawfish's cave..doink..think i see it inside but i decided not to dig it out or move the rocks..dont wanna scare tigger later jump out again..dont wanna risk that alamak..

well heres a pic of my humble seascape on my 28th birthday haha..Too bad couldnt get some new zoas from peter today, arbo could had took 1 with them

bro today your birthday ar? haha never tell me, didn't wish you happy birthday haha.. hope you enjoy ur birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

bro today your birthday ar? haha never tell me, didn't wish you happy birthday haha.. hope you enjoy ur birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Hahah.. yes yes i was collecting the birdnest frags from u before i went out to makan my birthday dinner.. :lol: xie xie ni!

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

i see all my sexy shrimps and hermit crabs all over my new zoas!are they devouring them!? :shock:

no lah... just clearing other organisms i guess.

Peter's tank a lot of nutrients one.... prob got left over food thats why.... wahahahahaha.....

serious hor... not joking though I am laughing..... wahahahahaha

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

:pinch: tks jacky for the reply..then i can go slp properly liao..fainz~at 1st i saw sexy shrimps on them i ok..then slowly i see my hermits on my zoas! i jitou bring my hermits away from my zoas ...

i thought wat happen sia! scary hahaha :lol: js now u oso meet peter to collect something har? ;)

Er..1 qns.. do clementi's C328 sell the glue frag substance?i need to get some to glue my recent coral frags :huh:

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

:pinch: tks jacky for the reply..then i can go slp properly liao..fainz~at 1st i saw sexy shrimps on them i ok..then slowly i see my hermits on my zoas! i jitou bring my hermits away from my zoas ...

i thought wat happen sia! scary hahaha :lol: js now u oso meet peter to collect something har? ;)

Er..1 qns.. do clementi's C328 sell the glue frag substance?i need to get some to glue my recent coral frags :huh:

we went shopping for ... lol

Jireh to get my artificial rock and then headed to C328 to get Kent Marine additives for corals.

• SRC Member

U mean glue gel or underwater (D-D) epoxy? I saw the epoxy there but did't notice them selling glue gel but I didn't check anyway so could have missed it even if they sold.

Funny though, I've never seen any of my shrimps on my zoas... :whistle

Jacky, u forgot about the seaweed... :eyebrow: Just put one piece in my tank but my tang and foxface don't seem to be interested in it yet.

I put the live brine shrimps in my tank and my corals are having a brine shrimp feast now, especially my prata... :rolleyes:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
U mean glue gel or underwater (D-D) epoxy? I saw the epoxy there but did't notice them selling glue gel but I didn't check anyway so could have missed it even if they sold.

Funny though, I've never seen any of my shrimps on my zoas... :whistle

Jacky, u forgot about the seaweed... :eyebrow: Just put one piece in my tank but my tang and foxface don't seem to be interested in it yet.

I put the live brine shrimps in my tank and my corals are having a brine shrimp feast now, especially my prata... :rolleyes:

let's do that again when I'm there hehe ... On my way now

25 Gal Micro Ocean

• SRC Member

sexy shrimps bro Kim, no fish harrass ?

25 Gal Micro Ocean

• SRC Member
let's do that again when I'm there hehe ... On my way now

Ahhh...u didn't remind me to put my brine shrimps into the tank... :whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

sexy shrimps bro Kim, no fish harrass ?

no wor bro,my jawfish and clown no interest at all.only the jawfish stare stare at the zoas when i just put them in..see awhile after he oso bochup hee :whistle

Guess i'll go see whether c328 got the coral line colored epoxy anot.any1 know whether aquastar or c328?coz those most easy for me to go liao.near mrt~

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

• SRC Member
no wor bro,my jawfish and clown no interest at all.only the jawfish stare stare at the zoas when i just put them in..see awhile after he oso bochup hee :whistle

Guess i'll go see whether c328 got the coral line colored epoxy anot.any1 know whether aquastar or c328?coz those most easy for me to go liao.near mrt~

C328 has D&D epoxy. Confirmed as I saw it previously.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
Thanks peter any idea how muchie? think i wanna buy some 'vitamins for my corals too.any gd ones to recommend? :thanks:

Will be going there later to get egg crates. Intend to do something to my tank... :eyebrow: Will be selling off a number of my existing corals soon to make space for something... :rolleyes:

Will check for you when I am there. Vitamins for corals huh? Currently using Seachem Reef Plus. I guess not too bad lah. Now ordering the Brightwell CoralAmino from MD to try. Next time will be trying Prodibio Reef Booster also.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List: