Magnet

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

Not bad....try to remove one or 2 rocks on the top or middle so that yr tank dun look so cramp up.

Add some zoas or mushrooms..it will make yr tank look more stunning and natural.

As for yr bubbles...if you see skeleton exposed >30%..chances are, it is melting...i wd suggest disposing it before it crash yr tank....coz if one of them starts to melt, the rest will be affected.

l7304smr.jpg

Thanks siang,

just checking is it better to have more LR as it built more good bacteria and help to stable the tank..

In theory more LR is better for biofiltration. In practice though, too much live rock can create dead spots where detritus can build up.

Also it reduces the amount of water in your system, and the space for your livestock to roam.

So the more is better philosophy doesn't always work out so well, unless you have a HUGE sump and fill it full of LR :eyebrow:

• SRC Member

looks like market prawn/fish to me.

your garden eel doesn't seem friendly to small fishes.

with regards to the bubble, try an area with very low flow and if you want you can feed them mysis or other frozen foods. they are really easy to feed, just touch their tentacles with food and they will grab it.

• Senior Reefer

Hi bro, some comments to help you along.

first off, very nice tank. i like it. good mix of corals too.

bubble corals generally do well in low flow with medium lighting. perhaps that could help you.

that eel is a garden eel. they eat floating food suspended in the water column. hard to feed and not easy to take care.

the last tang is a naso tang. the colour is grey. can try feeding them nori aka dried seaweed sheets to help improve their colours. your tangs will love it and benefit from it.

also, have moevd your thread to member's tank and specs thread. it will be easier for reefers to access your thread there to give you more advice!

do keep us updated!

cheers! and have a wonderful christmas

Hi bro, some comments to help you along.

first off, very nice tank. i like it. good mix of corals too.

bubble corals generally do well in low flow with medium lighting. perhaps that could help you.

that eel is a garden eel. they eat floating food suspended in the water column. hard to feed and not easy to take care.

the last tang is a naso tang. the colour is grey. can try feeding them nori aka dried seaweed sheets to help improve their colours. your tangs will love it and benefit from it.

also, have moevd your thread to member's tank and specs thread. it will be easier for reefers to access your thread there to give you more advice!

do keep us updated!

cheers! and have a wonderful christmas

Ha ha, thanks for helping me move my thread, merry christmas to you too..

have add a few more tangs and corals

took the suggestion from some reefers and done up some changes..

BTW do you know:

1)how long the tangs will settle down and start to feed on the algae sheets?

2)What kinds of tangs can't be kept together?

my tangs are: Purple Tang, Blue Tang, Power Blue Tang, Clown Tang, Naso Tang, Kole Tang

Any experts reefer do feel free to give comments.. :thanks:

• Senior Reefer

tangs usually readily eat sheet algae. its their favourite.

i wont reccomend keeping so many tangs together.... they grow very fast and the bioload is very high. moreover, they are very aggressive tiwards each other. i think you should stop adding your tangs, and if possible remove some. that is way too many for a 3ft tank. reccomended 1 or 2 max. aggressive tangs are clown tang and sohal tang. purple tang might be a problem too