6x2.5x2.5 Reef Tank Plans/Progress

AlfaRomeo

• SRC Member

Adjusted my target temp from 27.0 to 27.4 to save electricity! hehehe

Have received some questions on why I hooked up my chiller to my IKS instead of relying on the built-in temp controller. That is because the Iks maintains the temperature swing to about 0.2 degress only instead of the rather large swing of 0.8 degrees from the Artica built-in temp controller.

post-34-1097939087.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Have also removed my refuge algae and sandbed so now the sump is just for equipment feeds. I think it will be benifical in the long run esp when used with the ZEOvit methodlogy. Lesser embedded nutrients for the system to process to get cleaner pristine water faster!

Still waiting for my Fiji quality water! hehehehe

• SRC Member

I left my beckett running while I was extracting the sand and the skimmer went nuts spewing large amounts of thick dark brown sludge into the collection cup. Just goes to show how dirty the sand was and how much nutrients was trapped in it!! my god... I have not seen such large amounts of skimmate being produced so rapidly.

Proves that the beckett can handle die-offs effectively when needed , something like a safety net. It can also be used as a tool to judge the level of nutrients in the water on a daily basis.. if its NOT pulling out large amounts of skimmate, it means that the water is relatively clean... if its pulling out cupfuls of dark skimmate on a daily basis... :sick::nuke::shock:

Now thinking if I should thin out the sandbed in my main tank as well.. hmmm.. :evil:

• SRC Member
Have also removed my refuge algae and sandbed so now the sump is just for equipment feeds. I think it will be benifical in the long run esp when used with the ZEOvit methodlogy. Lesser embedded nutrients for the system to process to get cleaner pristine water faster!

Still waiting for my Fiji quality water! hehehehe

so bro.Alpha.....how is the Zeovit method? Been running it for a week already and theres one thing I can say .... is that the clarity of of the water is extremely pristine unlike before use.

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Joe, nowadays nuthing to update liao... just watching my tank everyday and trying very hard to notice any changes/improvements to the inhabitants... still waiting. hehehehe

Also, feel very paiseh to post pics since I got 0 gems ... All normal LS only... :)

ohh well... I will try to spent my time in SRC to help with whatever questions/issues I can since I dunt have any LS/Specimens that are considered rare/gems to show off..

• SRC Member

Oh yah, BTW... be very very sure that you are not overdosing the ZEOvit stuff. Learn from my bad experience with ZEOstart.

I was overzealous with the ZEOstart dosing and resulted in diatoms/cyano in some parts of my tank now. Happened a few days ago and have stop dosing of ZEOstart for the next few days in the hope that the algae will go away.

So be warned :)

no wonder I keep getting red slime algae and bryopsis.... :(

been dosing zeostart religiously too...

anyway...your poci may look like danano's piece...pink with green polyps...to me ...its simply marvelous as the poci looks like it has an aura and green glow ard it

• SRC Member
Received a piece of good news today. My new skimmer is already here at customs for clearance. Should have it running by end of today.

Hope it doesnt have tuning problems and have arrived in 1 piece. ;)

lolz...

gd fire it up and i can see how gd it is...

I'm still waiting for mine to come in...

• SRC Member
Received a piece of good news today. My new skimmer is already here at customs for clearance. Should have it running by end of today.

Hope it doesnt have tuning problems and have arrived in 1 piece. ;)

How? here already? :yeah:

So many people converting to needlewheel liao... :P

Just these few days... :whistle

First...weileong...

Then...you...

Even alan also... :)

Too bad...my tank can only be up next year... :(

Meanwhile...NEEDLEWHEEL rulezz.... :yeah::yeah:

• SRC Member

I thought you got the AP902? :huh:

You mentioned in RC and that it was leaking... :(

Hope all things fine. :)

Macro? Only for low end-users lah. Me using Macro too. :P Can't afford such a branded one like yours. :whistle

I still dreaming of the BB King. :rolleyes:

Maybe ask that for my birthday come next year. :yeah::yeah::P