6x2.5x2.5 Reef Tank Plans/Progress

AlfaRomeo

• SRC Member

Tank will be delivered on Monday Afternoon. Yahoo!!!

Also will be filling up 2 huge tubs of water to be mixed overnight on Monday

Tuesday will be taken up with washing of the sand and putting in the eggcrate layer and sand for both the Main Tank and the Sump

Wednesday will go and collect tke very well-cured Fiji LR from CF and will proceed with Landscaping , afterwhich the 2 tubs of well-mixed water will be pumped into the Tank and circulation pumps will be turned on.

Should I turn on the Streams at the same time? What about the Skimmer? Chiller? Lights?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Anyone has any idea if we should switch on the skimmer,chiller,lights and various other equipment during the cycling of the tank pls? thanks

I personally only on skimmer and powerhead during cycling. But if u wan ur coralline to grow faster, maybe should on lights too.

Just my 2cts

• SRC Member
Hon, you do not turn on the MH to prevent algae growth i guess?

Ya...thats what I learn 10yrs ago from some fish keeping magazine..h.ah.a.h. Some even suggest covering the tank in total darkness :P

• SRC Member

Ok Guys, this is the general Look and Feel of the LR that i purchased from CF. They arranged it for me and graciously took some photos. Just hope that i can duplicate or improve the look when i get them home.. And i dunt think it will be so encrusted with Coralline since it has been sitting in CF tank for about 2 months already. sob sob

post-34-1073833672.jpg

• SRC Member

As you can see from the sole pic of my LR, i am not going for high ht for the rocks but more of a medium ht so that fishes got ample room to swim about especially at the top half of the tank. but on the other hand, will see how it looks when its actually in the tank and guess will buy more if not satisfied.

:-)

• SRC Member

Here is the pic of the very solid stand that stood my test of jumping up and down on it and also various other test like the contractors climbing on it and using it as a table for them to do painting!

and i am not in the feather or light-weight category mind you.. hehe

post-34-1073908532.jpg

• SRC Member

The stand in its final position before the Tank arrives..

what you see in the pics are Han Teck's guys who helped to carry and position the tank. Took 6 guys to lift the tank to the stand.. man , its heavy!!!

You can also see the Maxima RO/DI unit that will be used to fill up the tank and doing automated water-topup using Tubby with the help of a solenoid.

post-34-1073908868.jpg