6x2.5x2.5 Reef Tank Plans/Progress

AlfaRomeo

• SRC Member

yup, will do full ht cabinet for the tank but will take 1 or 2 weeks due to the contractors not sure how to go about doing it. Han Teck was gracious enuff to show them the ropes of doing up a proper cabinet for the tank so they took measurements and will be fabricating it.. hope all goes well...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from what i see....should be between 2 beams and that normally means your bottom neighbour's horizontal beam is supporting it...this should be very strong and stable.....can see from your photo that there is a horizontal beam above the tank...similarly it will be the same beam that your botton neighbour has...

can take alot of loading

• SRC Member

AT, yup ..sited it in between 2 structural columns and have also asked some struc engineering tural frens who r in HDB unofficially if its ok in this position... so far all of them said its ok.. unofficially ;)

Hope that they are right... or else :ooh::cry::sick::nuke:

Roidan, i really really hope so..

• SRC Member

lvcap, yup.. its rite infront of the main door so i have to walk past the tank before entering my house, there is a separate door right beside the column which is supporting the tank :-)

Planning for the tank to make a first impression for guests and i hope it will be a good first impression. *fingers crossed* :)

• SRC Member

oohh...

so u have to side walk into your flat ah?

whahah

then grow fat how?

whahah

or carry many things?

it doesnt seem a lot of space..

my tank in my room...then my room become like cruise ship cabin..almost no space to walk...everyday i got to squeeze like siao...

• SRC Member

Wooo.... now thats a BIG tank!! ke ke.... it that a RO filter I see on the side??

Think a valley will look kool. with the peak at either side og the wall and a valley in the centre can see through the tank in the centre to the other side. bwont block light to the room also.

• SRC Member
Wooo.... now thats a BIG tank!! ke ke.... it that a RO filter I see on the side??

Think a valley will look kool. with the peak at either side og the wall and a valley in the centre can see through the tank in the centre to the other side. bwont block light to the room also.

Do u mean something like this?

post-34-1073916033.jpg

• SRC Member

This is the improvised light hook that the contractors come up with to hang the arcadia lights. The hook that comes with the set is the small silver hook which is now the backup hook and the main hook is the bigger wallplug.

Reason for this is that both the contractors and myself agree that the hook given by Arcadia does not look very strong to be used solely. scared the whole think drop into the tank after some time... Scary thought huh? :-)

post-34-1074002149.jpg

• SRC Member

This is the duckbill for the return piping.. Is this still recommended or is it better to use the normal round outlet?

Also as you can see, its super dusty now since they are still cutting up word and other stuff in the house.. so cant clean it up or fill it up with water just yet..

post-34-1074002982.jpg

This is the duckbill for the return piping.. Is this still recommended or is it better to use the normal round outlet?

Also as you can see, its super dusty now since they are still cutting up word and other stuff in the house.. so cant clean it up or fill it up with water just yet..

LOL! Duckbill! That's what you call it?

Looks like you have to open up its bill a little more.. or there will be too much backpressure!