6x2.5x2.5 Reef Tank Plans/Progress

AlfaRomeo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wub: :wub:

Still waiting for your "accidental frags" :P

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member
:wub: :wub:

Still waiting for your "accidental frags" :P

:) Very hard to get accidental frags since the last time I dipped my hands into the water is about 1 month ago. Will pass to you soonest.. hopefully the fishes clumsy enuff to braks the acros when they swim past altho thats hard too since they have a lot of space to swim about. Will keep you informed.

• SRC Member
Alfa, that's a gorgeous table! Careful about the milli on the top right though. You may need to frag/move some of your other corals to allow this awesome specimen to grow out more.

Thanks dude. Unfortunately 90% of my acros cannot be moved without breaking the base since all have encrusted to the LRs. Anyway, lets see what will happen when both meet, from what i have observed so far.. the SPS will grow around each other and go their separate ways. Will try to get some pics of this happening in my tank. Its fasinating actually.

• SRC Member

Thanks dude. Unfortunately 90% of my acros cannot be moved without breaking the base since all have encrusted to the LRs. Anyway, lets see what will happen when both meet, from what i have observed so far.. the SPS will grow around each other and go their separate ways. Will try to get some pics of this happening in my tank. Its fasinating actually.

Not for milli. They are agressive one. ;)

• SRC Member
That's very amazing growth! I dun see any of mine growing like that leh... Can i know how are your CR setting like?

I attribute it to stable parameters like KH/MG/CA/Temp in the correct ranges and also Zeovit to provide a very low nutrient environment coupled with an effective skimmer, frequent water changes, ample light and strong in-tank water movement/turnover.

CR runs at ph of 6.45 for about 9 hours during photoperiod with a constant effluent drip rate.

HTH :)

:) Very hard to get accidental frags since the last time I dipped my hands into the water is about 1 month ago. Will pass to you soonest.. hopefully the fishes clumsy enuff to braks the acros when they swim past altho thats hard too since they have a lot of space to swim about. Will keep you informed.

Thanks bro :D

My fishes do bang into my SPS sometimes. A chromis recently broke my purple monti cap and the blue chin broke my stag :lol::lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Alfa, that's a gorgeous table! Careful about the milli on the top right though. You may need to frag/move some of your other corals to allow this awesome specimen to grow out more.

The Milli has been moved sumwhere else since it has overgrown its spot and starting to sting all the corals in its perimeter. :)

• SRC Member
:lol: Hi Mr Romeo a.k.a Mr Deltec,

Jus finished your threads. Heavy weight stuff you have. You tink you can post some pics on your sump tank and the return systems? :yeah: Thanks.

My sump and return systems nuthing much. 1xMD55 goes to the chiller and back into the tank and another Eheim 1262 for a direct return and also teed-off to power my Zeovit Reactor. :)

• SRC Member

Got a major setback with the Tank today. My Arcadia 3-series has decided to call it a day and I found the Thermistor to have blown from overheating most probably. Called in the fault with Arcadia UK and they are sending over the replacement Timer assembly with the onboard thermistor absolutely free of charge! Bearing in mind that the lightset ia 2 yrs old now and the warranty covers the 1st yr only. 2 thumbs up!

24 Hours and counting for my tank without MHs. Only dependent on the 4x80w (Actinic and 20kk). :(