"Rare" Palau Neon Green Nepthea

FuEl

• Senior Reefer
A very unique find, very uncommon.

wickedsicksinularia.jpg

Usually polyps of this coral are white/brown. The polyps of this is neon green. I cannot even find a photo of this specimen on the internet. :eyebrow:

here's the same thing in my tank. can see the neon green polyps against the light coloured body. fibre optic sinularia!

photo shows the polyps closed. already can see the bright green contrast. i was a fool to believe it was a normal sinluaria!

enough is enough. never doubt fuel anymore. a gem is a gem haha

post-15755-1268378921_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1268378929_thumb.jpg

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Senior Reefer
is it something like this ?

i think saw it at GO b4...

look at the photo i posted. that's how it looks like when its closed. your picture is dyed i think. there's colours inbetween the polyps. not suppose to.

look at the photo i posted. that's how it looks like when its closed. your picture is dyed i think. there's colours inbetween the polyps. not suppose to.

Agreed. Neon green ones will never look that impressive in the photo. If it has not been photoshopped, chances are that it is dyed.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member
Mamamia!!!! Is this a sps or a leather...

Looks like a sinularia sp. Looks suspicious too. Some areas between the polyps are pink and the base of the coral looks reddish. But will be cool if this is a natural color morph.

Looks like a sinularia sp. Looks suspicious too. Some areas between the polyps are pink and the base of the coral looks reddish. But will be cool if this is a natural color morph.

The hand holding it seems like normal color???

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

Indo-pacific gorgonians are generally harder to maintain than their Carribean counterparts. Flow is one of the underestimated success factors in maintaining gorgonians. Polyp extension is more evident and prolonged if they are provided with sufficient flow, much like SPS.

snc00150.jpg

• SRC Member

Indo-pacific gorgonians are generally harder to maintain than their Carribean counterparts. Flow is one of the underestimated success factors in maintaining gorgonians. Polyp extension is more evident and prolonged if they are provided with sufficient flow, much like SPS.

snc00150.jpg

coloured gorgonian is rare to find, right?

From cf?