The future is here

comycus

• SRC Member

Light Touch™ is an interactive projector that instantly transforms any flat surface into a touch screen. It frees multimedia content from the confines of the small screen, allowing users to interact with that content just as they do on their hand held devices – using multi-touch technology.

Light Touch™ has Holographic Laser Projection (HLP™) technology inside which creates bright, high-quality video images in WVGA resolution. Integrated infrared sensors detect motion and turn the projected image into a 10.1″ virtual touch screen, so the user can control the projector and interact with applications simply by touching the image.

post-16489-1262874929_thumb.jpg

Check out the video here

• SRC Member

Holographic Laser Projection – or HLP™ – is a revolution in display technology. The term holographic refers to the inventive method we use to create 2D images.

Using holographic algorithms, we transform the image we want to project into sets of diffraction patterns, which are shown on a tiny microdisplay. When laser light illuminates the microdisplay, the projected image is formed by diffraction.

Diffraction patterns are highly efficient. Instead of blocking light, they steer light to exactly where it is needed and away from where it is not. Calculating the diffraction pattern for each high quality image would be too computationally intensive, so we’ve created a more elegant solution.

We calculate multiple patterns, each of which forms a rough version of the image. When viewed in rapid succession, the eye evens out the noise and perceives a single, clearly defined image. So you get efficient, high quality video in real time.

Using lasers means colours appear rich and vivid, and the image is always in focus. HLPâ„¢ technology also projects perfectly onto curved surfaces. Its uniquely wide throw angle creates large images very close to the projector. And HLPâ„¢ has a class 1 laser safety classification, making it completely eye safe.

These features enable us to integrate infrared sensing technology and create an interactive projector that instantly transforms any flat surface into a touch screen.

• SRC Member
This is waaaay cool! Hopefully I will be able to see 3d holographic technology in my lifetime!

at the pace technology is going, for sure we'll do bro. This technology concept came out already about 2 yes ago or so ... So now is it full reality already ?

25 Gal Micro Ocean

which show was the one with 3D holographic console?

Mission impossible?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member
so it is not yet fully commercialized, and for sure $$$. says available for key customers and partners only .... :paiseh:

Actually I think tt means available only if you have the $$ to afford :P Prob won't hit mass market retail anytime soon, but tt could change in the near future!

Something similar to this has actually already been done before in the past (early 1990s). It was a bluetooth keyboard that projected a red (single) colour keyboard onto any flat surface.

It never took off because of the lack of tactile feedback, I tried it once, and its a bit weird drumming your fingers on a tabletop.

• SRC Member

With google's nexus one out, and hopefully, voice recognition software becoming more advanced, think of the possibilities in combining both technologies! We will be able to talk to our computer, don't even need tactile feedback anymore!

What can I say? The future is finally catching up :)

• SRC Member

Sounds similar to the virtual keyboard I have, http://www.celluon.com/products/laserkey1_2.htm?sm=2_1.. Nothing new, besides its projection thingy.. it still uses infra-red for sensing.. anyway, they still need to improve the sensitivity and response on these things.. They work but are just too unresponsive so everything must be at slow to moderate speed. Can't do things too fast..

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member
With google's nexus one out, and hopefully, voice recognition software becoming more advanced, think of the possibilities in combining both technologies! We will be able to talk to our computer, don't even need tactile feedback anymore!

What can I say? The future is finally catching up :)

Voice recognition software is also not something new.. it may be better at recognizing but still a learning one is better.. I have people in my office swear by Dragon Naturally Speaking software. But you will need to keep the program learning to have very accurate voice recognition. Integrating this to other functions shouldn't be hard..

I always find the non-learning kind are not catered to Asian voices.

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/