My NEW! 3ft x 2 ft x 2ft Reef Aquarium

tian1974

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Hahaa no la, went there to get some equipment, Vincent doing my sump, I-aquatics doing my overflow box :) Hope to finish my upgrade this weekend!

looking forward to your upgrade man....finally no more washing of your cannister....hur hur...

time for some pics of your existing livestocks....seldom see u post (i mean not you in front of the mirror)

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

looking forward to your upgrade man....finally no more washing of your cannister....hur hur...

time for some pics of your existing livestocks....seldom see u post (i mean not you in front of the mirror)

err.. believe it or not, I'm scared to post photos of my fishes :eyeblur: The last few times after I post pic of my mandarin, blotchy, copperband, they mysteriously dieded within 1 week of posting... :cry:

Of course I'm being abit paranoid :erm: will try to take a shot of my pbt tonight ba :)

Yeah, everytime I wash the canister will have something screw up, hope I'm making the right choice to upgrade :) Don't wanna end up stressing my fishes and *gulpz*

err.. believe it or not, I'm scared to post photos of my fishes online2long.gif The last few times after I post pic of my mandarin, blotchy, copperband, they mysteriously dieded within 1 week of posting... crying.gif

Of course I'm being abit paranoid ermm.gif will try to take a shot of my pbt tonight ba smile.gif

Yeah, everytime I wash the canister will have something screw up, hope I'm making the right choice to upgrade smile.gif Don't wanna end up stressing my fishes and *gulpz*

haha so "bantang"......

Upgrading from a cannister to a sump, how can that be a wrong choice? :)

you still have biodigest with you right?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

err.. believe it or not, I'm scared to post photos of my fishes :eyeblur: The last few times after I post pic of my mandarin, blotchy, copperband, they mysteriously dieded within 1 week of posting... :cry:

Of course I'm being abit paranoid :erm: will try to take a shot of my pbt tonight ba :)

Yeah, everytime I wash the canister will have something screw up, hope I'm making the right choice to upgrade :) Don't wanna end up stressing my fishes and *gulpz*

its a good decision...easier to maintain using sump...problem with cannister is that, once u switch on after washing..a lot of dirt starts to spill out into the main tank including loose filter wool...last time my cannister went crazy and keep blowing microbubbles until my clam kaput...

pbt is very tempting...but got to hold back...scare my CO KB

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

haha so "bantang"......

Upgrading from a cannister to a sump, how can that be a wrong choice? :)

you still have biodigest with you right?

Just afraid all the movement around the tank stress my fish, especially the pbt.

Yup still have lots of biodigest, gonna dose 1 ampule after the upgrade.

Hope Justin doesn't mind me updating here, but yeah I think my comet prob won't last more than 2 months... poor bugger still doesn't eat.

Siang if you can wait for at least 6 months, then add PBT. My personal experience is that when the tank is mature, it's quite safe to add a stable pbt.

Hope Justin doesn't mind me updating here, but yeah I think my comet prob won't last more than 2 months... poor bugger still doesn't eat.

Siang if you can wait for at least 6 months, then add PBT. My personal experience is that when the tank is mature, it's quite safe to add a stable pbt.

Justin? he's not so "meow" one lah..... Anyway his thread collecting cobwebs. We helping him to clear :P

PBT => should tell that to Desi ... :P

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

• SRC Member

Just afraid all the movement around the tank stress my fish, especially the pbt.

i dun think i can wait for 6 months...6 weeks probably still ok...

how much is one box of biodigest / bioclean ah?...dun know whether to get prodibio or zeovit

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

i dun think i can wait for 6 months...6 weeks probably still ok...

how much is one box of biodigest / bioclean ah?...dun know whether to get prodibio or zeovit

Talk to Desi :shock:

Can't remember how much biodigest costs $60 one box? Anyway prodibio, zeobac, rowabac all come highly recommended. No right or wrong.

yeah prodibio around 60 - 70

Petmart sells at 20% discount.

or you can check with Daryl if he still has stock.

$45 per box.

• Senior Reefer

should have gotten my 2 inch comet mah... feeding on pellets and has gotten acclimated to aquarium life and not shy liao. too bad it's sold liao :(

<br />yeah prodibio around 60 - 70<br />Petmart sells at 20% discount.<br /><br />or you can check with Daryl if he still has stock.<br />$45 per box.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Daryl not willing to sell to you. Tried asking him already.

So you can skip that option.

Petmart or ML then if you are going the prodibio route.

• SRC Member

Hi justin, this is an encrusting goniopora. They grow and encrust on rocks rather than grow out in large calcarous masses like the usual gonios.

thanks lemon for the ID :) awesome!

God Blessed all who appreciate His wonderful and beautiful creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my first reef aquarium 15jan2010

3x2x2ft EOS 10mm tank with sump//deltec sc2060 skimmer//arctica 1/10hp chiller

maxpect g2 170w led//vortech mp40w wavemaker//eheim 1262 universal pump

eheim compact+ 3000 chiller pump//caribsea ocean direct live sands 40lbs

and other misc...

• SRC Member

thanks guys for clearing up the webs, hehe..so fun reading it :) make my day even better.

i will look out the multibarred for you eniram and terryz. is tmw saturday?

God Blessed all who appreciate His wonderful and beautiful creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my first reef aquarium 15jan2010

3x2x2ft EOS 10mm tank with sump//deltec sc2060 skimmer//arctica 1/10hp chiller

maxpect g2 170w led//vortech mp40w wavemaker//eheim 1262 universal pump

eheim compact+ 3000 chiller pump//caribsea ocean direct live sands 40lbs

and other misc...

• 4 weeks later...