A New Community...

Nitro

• SRC Member

post-1330-0-93615100-1317475212_thumb.jp

Not sure if there are any reefers successfully raised clown fries in their main mixed reef tank? I've 2 batches of fries from another breeding pair in my main mixed reef tank for the past 3 weeks. Can see some of the fries swimming in their hide-out, tried taking a photo shot but not successful. That pair is now hatching a 3rd batch of eggs but this batch left abit only... maybe some eggs were spoilt eaten by other LS.

Well If the fries can really survive and grow in the main tank... then I think this must be a record for a truly "home mixed reef tank bred clown fish". So far all that we have are reports of "farm bred" or "species only tank bred" but not in a mixed reef tank. Got to keep my fingers crossed.

• SRC Member

2 of the breeding pairs are bought abt 8 mth ago from a school of them, different location. I paired them myself. The youngest 2 are kind of like paired but not matured for breeding yet.

how long were they together before they started breeding?

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member

After 2 months, I can still spot clown fries swimming ard the rocks in the main tank. Hopefully will grow abit more and also to capture some photos of them in the tank to proved my success story ;-)