My Second Reef Tank!!!

reaper78

the shop isit just opposite SIM LIM Tower right? I think i saw it before.... but never go in n see....

Hi Bro,

Nope, Before that....u know lavender food court....that street into jalan besar is a one way street right? While u r driving, ur left/right are mostly shophouses (u pass by these stretch of KTV (hehe......), and keep a lookout on ur right...u see blue drums being displayed. ^_^

Tank Size: 3 x 3 x 2 with 3.5ft cabinet

nah, just kidding :lol: long passed.

start ur sps soon. i will meet you there and exchange frags.

Hi Bro,

SPS ah....think water not stable yet and the CR still not hook up. Let the new fish stable down first abt 2-3 weeks or so, then i get cracking on kh/ca/mg liao...

Currently tank undergoing first wave of itch!....Suspect the kole tang was the carrier. At the moment, 2 fishes dead, kole & royal gramma.

• SRC Member

Hi Bro,

SPS ah....think water not stable yet and the CR still not hook up. Let the new fish stable down first abt 2-3 weeks or so, then i get cracking on kh/ca/mg liao...

Currently tank undergoing first wave of itch!....Suspect the kole tang was the carrier. At the moment, 2 fishes dead, kole & royal gramma.

bro, u got check yr pH level recently?

l7304smr.jpg

bro, u got check yr pH level recently?

Hi Bro,

To be frank, i have not check on any of the water parameters yet.......

Might be the PH, but be worse if i pump up the CR now.

Hi Bro,

To be frank, i have not check on any of the water parameters yet.......

Might be the PH, but be worse if i pump up the CR now.

N the Kole tang was not feeding when i bought at LFS(Wanted to try luck lor), didnt feed either at my tank except pecking for algae......

• SRC Member

N the Kole tang was not feeding when i bought at LFS(Wanted to try luck lor), didnt feed either at my tank except pecking for algae......

try lettuce or cabbage...c whether it will go for it...

yr zeovit magic might improve its immunity...

l7304smr.jpg

try lettuce or cabbage...c whether it will go for it...

yr zeovit magic might improve its immunity...

haha......i bought seaweed instead but it is not interested. Suspect that some kinda of parasite is hosting on the kole.....anyway upz to heaven liao.

Btwn was the PH in ur tank affected?? I mean any ph swing? Wanted to buy the American pinpoint Ph monitor but now out of $$$ liao...

Btwn was the PH in ur tank affected?? I mean any ph swing? Wanted to buy the American pinpoint Ph monitor but now out of $$$ liao...

That is a good piece of eqpt to have. :)

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

Yah lor...save me the trouble for test kit. Best is to buy their calcium monitor as well. haha

i din test my waters and i dun have any test kits...believe it or not...haha...except the thing to test for salinity level and temp...

l7304smr.jpg

i din test my waters and i dun have any test kits...believe it or not...haha...except the thing to test for salinity level and temp...

haha...i still remember the good old days when i first started reefing, damm 'on the ball', every week check....

Nowadays, i just let the water run, contrl the feeding n change water 5% water weekly. But next time keep sps need to check mg/kh/ca weekly liao...

Bro, u have quite a number of anthias right? Is ur lyretail anthias aggressive towards one another or other anthias? Btwn how many females and male lyretail u have in ur tank?

• SRC Member

Bro, u have quite a number of anthias right? Is ur lyretail anthias aggressive towards one another or other anthias? Btwn how many females and male lyretail u have in ur tank?

lyretail not aggressive....squareback more aggressive...1 male 1 female for my lyretail...lyretail very easy to keep..dun worry about the male to female ratio...if u want to know..its 1:4...

squareback female is yellow in colour...very easy to keep..but once they become larger...they will be more aggressive to other anthias and its own kind...

most impt is, have to feed at least twice a day, preferably with mysis and brinshrimp mix tog...pellets not good for them...tho they will take coz they will get diahorrea easily and die...

and must have hiding place for them to sleep coz each anthias will reserve their own place n they will sleep in that same place forever...unless u introduce new fishes that chase away their former place...

l7304smr.jpg

lyretail not aggressive....squareback more aggressive...1 male 1 female for my lyretail...lyretail very easy to keep..dun worry about the male to female ratio...if u want to know..its 1:4...

squareback female is yellow in colour...very easy to keep..but once they become larger...they will be more aggressive to other anthias and its own kind...

most impt is, have to feed at least twice a day, preferably with mysis and brinshrimp mix tog...pellets not good for them...tho they will take coz they will get diahorrea easily and die...

and must have hiding place for them to sleep coz each anthias will reserve their own place n they will sleep in that same place forever...unless u introduce new fishes that chase away their former place...

Icic...cos i just did a reseach in the net. But i bought 2 males and 4 females lyretails. They the males are 'sparring' as to which is the more supreme one....

• SRC Member

Icic...cos i just did a reseach in the net. But i bought 2 males and 4 females lyretails. They the males are 'sparring' as to which is the more supreme one....

yup...see who will be the leader amg all...so some injury and chasing around expected...after that will be peaceful

l7304smr.jpg

yup...see who will be the leader amg all...so some injury and chasing around expected...after that will be peaceful

But is really nice to see em swimming together in the water column.... :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

Hi Bro,

i will be waiting ^_^.

start of tank, sure got some dying.

or else i wont call it true cycling :angry2:

add bac or uv ozone will be good.

since you using SM250. it has a additional ozone port which will be useful to hook up ozone.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

i will be waiting ^_^.

start of tank, sure got some dying.

or else i wont call it true cycling :angry2:

add bac or uv ozone will be good.

since you using SM250. it has a additional ozone port which will be useful to hook up ozone.

Ozone ah? Ur ozone got use air pump anot?? Errm..if buy ozone, must buy orp controller somemore.....

the more the merrier...

that's y i will be adding more rocks....

Be careful when adding live rocks. I hate it when i buy live rocks from LFS and they just wrap it in dam newspaper even when i ask em to put in a bag or stylofoam of water and i pay additional. I mean the bact when exposed to atmosphere might have negative impact on em. So when u add live rock from lfs, might affect ur current system.

• SRC Member

Ozone ah? Ur ozone got use air pump anot?? Errm..if buy ozone, must buy orp controller somemore.....

no i didnt. ur BK pump should have 2 nozzles. 1 for normal air and one for ozone.

so just hook it up with the ozone nozzle.

dun really need orp controller if you are pumping at low doze though. but still good to have.

i never see my orp controller on/off, so the key is doze low.

get some barlettes too. it will be nice

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

no i didnt. ur BK pump should have 2 nozzles. 1 for normal air and one for ozone.

so just hook it up with the ozone nozzle.

dun really need orp controller if you are pumping at low doze though. but still good to have.

i never see my orp controller on/off, so the key is doze low.

get some barlettes too. it will be nice

Yap, i saw the nozzle for the ozone. But i dont think i be getting it any sooner. But then again, see how lor if i need it in future.....

Bartlett anthias u mean? i used to have it for my old tank. See if this batch of lyretail anthias can survive in my tank first....

Bro, is this batch of anthias from aquamarin? Mine is eating pellets, mysis & cyclopeeze. Shd be ok.

Hi Bro,

Yap from AM recently maldive shippment....Yap they are feeding well......hopefully they survive in my tank