My Second Reef Tank!!!

reaper78

haha.... reminds me of the story Shan at GO told us... he says someone's wife turns up one day to spot check... cos she found the credit card all GOLDEN OCTOPUS... she thought is some sleazy niteclub!

:upsidedown:

haha.. actually hor, if you order the NSW from iwarna, they just pump into your tank, very fast and clean.. no mess.. :)

niteclub? wahaha.....so she thought is GO niteclub ah? Hmm...guess i be paying shan a visit once the tank is cycled....

Oh izzit? i thought it would be messy.... <_<

Tank Size: 3 x 3 x 2 with 3.5ft cabinet

+1 with the prawn noodle!!!

+1 with the bah ku teh,

+1 for the ang ku kueh too.....

Bro, I just can't help but to envy u for being spoilt for so many good food at AV!!!! Hahaha.... :off::lol:

Anyway, +1 for the NSW too... I am a lazy person, so NSW is most convenient... kakaka...

Eh bro you never +1 for the horfun ah? haha....$3/- got clam, prawn, sotong, fish, egg.....

And the Hotpot laksa is nice too!! +2 :eyebrow:

Yap....NSW definitely more convenient. After cycling, will slowly convert to NSW just like my previous tank....

• SRC Supporter
Eh bro you never +1 for the horfun ah? haha....$3/- got clam, prawn, sotong, fish, egg.....

And the Hotpot laksa is nice too!! +2 :eyebrow:

Yap....NSW definitely more convenient. After cycling, will slowly convert to NSW just like my previous tank....

tats becos I nv try the horfun yet... so no +1 :(

Hotpot Laksa also nv try yet.... now u say liao. I must go n try one day. I used to stay at Depot Rd and AV is my favourite hunt for food when I was still a child... bring me back a lot of memories... : )

Yup, next time we can go CF together again.. haha.. but I convert my OPC to the revised OPC liao, I can drive on Saturday full day, no need to wait till 3pm!!!!! Wohoo.... can go lots of LFS before going home... wahahaha....(cannot let wife know... still say work till 3pm... hehehehe)

Yup, next time we can go CF together again.. haha.. but I convert my OPC to the revised OPC liao, I can drive on Saturday full day, no need to wait till 3pm!!!!! Wohoo.... can go lots of LFS before going home... wahahaha....(cannot let wife know... still say work till 3pm... hehehehe)

so chiam.... like me..... lol

younger reefers who hear our story will be selective of their future partners already.

critieria no 1: must support reefing hobby :)

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

Hotpot Laksa also nv try yet.... now u say liao. I must go n try one day. I used to stay at Depot Rd and AV is my favourite hunt for food when I was still a child... bring me back a lot of memories... : )

I stay at depot road too when i was a kid!! I cant remember exactly when but back then, flat very small, was 1 living room and 1 kitchen only.... :mellow:

haha......good bro but i havent convert mine yet. Anyway next time we can take turn to drive there....... Beside CF can go LCK also..... :eyebrow: ....then drive to GO, Reborn, SL, Irwana and back to jurong...hahahaha

I think alot of pple misunderstood the revised OPC scheme, my colleague thought automatic conversion. His also a OPC, so naturally he thought can drive sat full day and he has been doing it for several weeks!

younger reefers who hear our story will be selective of their future partners already.

Same also i'm lost :eyeblur: ...and whats AV? Adult Video?

• SRC Supporter
haha......good bro but i havent convert mine yet. Anyway next time we can take turn to drive there....... Beside CF can go LCK also..... :eyebrow: ....then drive to GO, Reborn, SL, Irwana and back to jurong...hahahaha

I think alot of pple misunderstood the revised OPC scheme, my colleague thought automatic conversion. His also a OPC, so naturally he thought can drive sat full day and he has been doing it for several weeks!

Good luck to your colleague!!!! Must top up the road tax and pay the $100 admin fee. Do it at AXS machine or thru LTA website if you have internet banking account.... : ) After about 5 days, u will receive another road tax label which indicates Revised OPC for you to display on your car....

yah... mayb u pick me up at my work place at Tanjong Pagar...then go reborn, SL, etc... cos I still need to work on Sat till 1pm... :(

If only going to west side LFS, then i can go pick u up after work and go CF and LCK...: )

I stay at depot road too when i was a kid!! I cant remember exactly where but back then, flat very small, was 1 living room and 1 kitchen only.... :mellow:

The claypot laksa was from depot road too.....

i think the first requirement 'critieria no 1: must support reefing hobby', quite difficult to achieve..... :whistle

• SRC Supporter

+1 hahaha... maybe SRC can have a new thread purely for single female reefers and our fellow reefers know where to look for their partner liao... wahaha... sorry Chris, off topic again... :P

+1 hahaha... maybe SRC can have a new thread purely for single female reefers and our fellow reefers know where to look for their partner liao... wahaha... sorry Chris, off topic again... :P

haha......i think the ratio should be 20 male reefers : 1 female reefer. :unsure:

• SRC Member

hehe... my dad's factory at depot lane... i used to go to these places to makan too... next time we go makan together! We also just bought an OPC car to go LFS! LOL

• SRC Member
niteclub? wahaha.....so she thought is GO niteclub ah? Hmm...guess i be paying shan a visit once the tank is cycled....

Oh izzit? i thought it would be messy.... <_<

yalor.. me and desi laugh like mad... then he says some reefer privately pass him some money 1st then pay the rest in front of the wife to "underdeclare" the value! :P

hehe... my dad's factory at depot lane... i used to go to these places to makan too... next time we go makan together! We also just bought an OPC car to go LFS! LOL

Wah...an OPC especially to go LFS ah.......sure...think we should organize a 'makan' session with reefers who r interested....

yalor.. me and desi laugh like mad... then he says some reefer privately pass him some money 1st then pay the rest in front of the wife to "underdeclare" the value! :P

If your wife is not a reefer, then rule no 1: nvr let your wife join you in your LFS trip. pay via cash, no credit cards.

If she did happen to be with you, then just buy some cheap corals to give her wrong impression.

then next time can buy more, bring home also she won't be suspicious.

Ketchup.... you are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fortunate.

Go and thank God every day hor........

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

If your wife is not a reefer, then rule no 1: nvr let your wife join you in your LFS trip. pay via cash, no credit cards.

If she did happen to be with you, then just buy some cheap corals to give her wrong impression.

oops come to think of it, I think for this case, Desi is the fortunate one.

She is the more of a reefer in the making than Ketchup lol.....

• SRC Supporter

Congrats to getting your OPC car... is your the revised OPC or still the old OPC scheme? And your hobby must be ex!!! Cos u getting a car just to go LFS... hahaha...

: )

• SRC Member

actually its also a good thing my wife is not a reefer...watever i buy she dun know the actual cost.

but she knows i go to golden octopus to get my corals...and its not some niteclubs...coz i know there's a bar called golden bamboo around lavender....

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member
actually its also a good thing my wife is not a reefer...watever i buy she dun know the actual cost.

but she knows i go to golden octopus to get my corals...and its not some niteclubs...coz i know there's a bar called golden bamboo around lavender....

:yeah: AH siang. what you say reminds me of what Shan from GO us that some reefer's wife see the words Golden Octopus on Credit card and went down to the place to take a look and realise ooohhhh : Corals... :lol:

He also told us sometimes reefers will tell him to tell them in front of their wives : special 50% discount for u. LOL

:lol::lol:

Desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member
oops come to think of it, I think for this case, Desi is the fortunate one.

She is the more of a reefer in the making than Ketchup lol.....

yups!! i always say she's the LUCKY 1! :upsidedown:

haha.. actually i also like la... but let her say first then i can veto or agree ma... easier to control! :eyebrow:

• SRC Member
Congrats to getting your OPC car... is your the revised OPC or still the old OPC scheme? And your hobby must be ex!!! Cos u getting a car just to go LFS... hahaha...

: )

Haha... new OPC la.. we didnt really want to buy initially but since the new scheme is pretty good and we only use the car on weekends and weeknights after 7pm anyway so it makes sense... as for LFS, well all the LFS are so BLardy far from us... i think nearest is RD but still quite inconvenient if not driving, so i guess it a push factor :)

We were saying that go LFS also no need to pay parking somemore... except for AM and RD i think.. LOL

• SRC Member
AV quite near my place...there used to be a LFS there but boss convert biz to selling antique furniture.

Dun try the romanian food there...sucks!

Last time after i go to ML & JM, i will stop by that place to take a break b4 heading home.

haha.. JM used to be quite convenient for me.. as my parents stay in west coast and i visit them on weekends.. but now also far already.. ML, usually not much to buy except for Reef Gourmet :P

• SRC Member
haha.. JM used to be quite convenient for me.. as my parents stay in west coast and i visit them on weekends.. but now also far already.. ML, usually not much to buy except for Reef Gourmet :P

it's always easier to travel around not just to LFS with a car...moreover, OPC is good for pple who do not need to drive to work...esp when your office is rather convenient via mrt...with the heavy traffic every morning and expensive parking...not worthwhile to drive to work...unless u work in those industrial areas like tuas, jurong island, woodlands, loyang..then bo bian.

and sometimes...with the things u buy from LFS, you can't possibly take a bus or mrt back...and if you take a taxi to-and-fro from your house to LFS farms...can cost you $30-$40 already.

l7304smr.jpg