My Second Reef Tank!!!

reaper78

bro reaper thread become makan thread?hahaha...bro how is ure new tank?

2 FEET CUBE REEF DISCO(60cmx60cmx60cm)

TOTAL 286 LITERS WITH SUMP

LIGHTS:PHAROS LED 90 WATTS WITH WIRELESS CONTROLLER

RETURN PUMP:EHEIM 1260
CHILLER:HAILEA 150A + EHEIM COMPACT 1000 WITH EXT TEMP CONTROLLER
WAVEMAKER:JEBAO WP25
REACTOR:TLF PHOSBAN REACTOR 150 WITH EHEIM 600(ROWAPHOS)
SKIMMER:H&H S150 WITH AQUABEE 2000/1

MEDIA:BACTERIA KING

GLASS CLEANER:ALGAE FREE PIRANHA FLOAT WITH EASY BLADE

ATO:TUNZE NANO OSMOLATOR 3152

RO/DI PURIFIER:ZeRO EX5 - RO/DI ULTRA 200 WITH HM DIGITAL DM-1 IN-LINE DUAL TDS METER

• SRC Member
Haha... new OPC la.. we didnt really want to buy initially but since the new scheme is pretty good and we only use the car on weekends and weeknights after 7pm anyway so it makes sense... as for LFS, well all the LFS are so BLardy far from us... i think nearest is RD but still quite inconvenient if not driving, so i guess it a push factor :)

We were saying that go LFS also no need to pay parking somemore... except for AM and RD i think.. LOL

Ketchup, good for you to get an OPC car!

OPC car is great if you are only using on weekends or sometimes at night :eyebrow:

Hahaha, I always cheong LFS on weekends .... as mine is OPC :rolleyes:

Yes, most LFS no need to pay for parking.

(-_-) Happy will do ... (o_o)

Bingo...Vincent from aquarium artist with the FIP piping. Vincent 'filing' the edge of the pipe, talk abt finishing moves....Well that its' for today, second appointment on thurs for the rest of the setting up. :upsidedown:

post-15684-1265716830_thumb.jpg

Tank Size: 3 x 3 x 2 with 3.5ft cabinet

Reaper ur set up very neat and tidy leh... u calculate all the measurements ah? All like fit swee Swee!

Some slight modification but should be a breeze for vincent. :whistle Hopefully by friday complete aquasscaping, live sand all in.....and wala......water running....good sign for the upcoming cny...HUAT ah.....hehe

Huat ah!! :) throw some mandarin oranges and Bak Kua to Cycle the tank la! :upsidedown:LOL

wahahaha....actually i eyeing on the 'giant' size prawn which my mum bought for cny eve steamboat dinner..... :eyebrow:

wahahaha....actually i eyeing on the 'giant' size prawn which my mum bought for cny eve steamboat dinner..... :eyebrow:

bro. Are you expecting visitors to your place during cny? If yes, my recommendation is not to cycle it. Quite unbearable stench. Besides, seeing a half rotten prawn during cny, not very auspicious wor.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• SRC Member
just dump fish food for cydling purpose.

Dump Henrys should be fine... :eyebrow::whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member

honestly, we dumped in 4 prawns and there was ZERO smell.... :P honestly.. even ketchup who would usually say that I'm insensitive could not smell anything ... so erm... THROW IN THE PRAWN! :P

but yeah NEAT setup reaper. :) good on ya mate! :rolleyes:

Cheers

Desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

bro. Are you expecting visitors to your place during cny? If yes, my recommendation is not to cycle it. Quite unbearable stench. Besides, seeing a half rotten prawn during cny, not very auspicious wor.

Yap, relatives are coming during cny so i have to clear and chuck into the cabinet. Right now, living room all my reefing stuff..... :eyeblur:

• SRC Member
honestly, we dumped in 4 prawns and there was ZERO smell.... :P honestly.. even ketchup who would usually say that I'm insensitive could not smell anything ... so erm... THROW IN THE PRAWN! :P

Cheers

Desi

ehh, true... when we cycle, we threw in 5 prawns, quite big somemore... and yet hardly smell anything... I don't know does the active live sand with bacteria and NSW help or not... maybe people cycle without using NSW and live sand/live rock so will take longer and stink up the place...

I think it took us only abt 5 days to complete the cycle and we waited until abt 1 full week then we slowly add in livestocks/corals.

Cheers

Desi

Thanks but for now is neat, later i not too sure...havent run the wire, co2 etc etc...by then should be in a mess! haha

wow... swee bro!!! I'm going over to your place to visit you on CNY!!!! WAHAHAHA...

Bring my son along to terrorize your new tank... KAKAKA...

No problem lah bro..bring ur son along. i be on leave the whole of next week...haha...... :whistle

• SRC Supporter
No problem lah bro..bring ur son along. i be on leave the whole of next week...haha...... :whistle

Wah... super shiok!!!, how i wish i could... sob.... now u r really making me envy... mayb it's time for me to change job liao... more off days, better pay so i can get a proper tank and spend more time on it... hehehehe....

ehh, true... when we cycle, we threw in 5 prawns, quite big somemore... and yet hardly smell anything... I don't know does the active live sand with bacteria and NSW help or not... maybe people cycle without using NSW and live sand/live rock so will take longer and stink up the place...

I think it took us only abt 5 days to complete the cycle and we waited until abt 1 full week then we slowly add in livestocks/corals.

I think probably due to ur total water volume, the 'foul' smell not that bad....but adding in 4-5 prawns.....that is alot ...ha :mellow: ha

Wah... super shiok!!!, how i wish i could... sob.... now u r really making me envy... mayb it's time for me to change job liao... more off days, better pay so i can get a proper tank and spend more time on it... hehehehe....

haha....i actually looking for another job....quite sick and tired of this current one... :rolleyes:

• SRC Member
I think probably due to ur total water volume, the 'foul' smell not that bad....but adding in 4-5 prawns.....that is alot ...ha :mellow: ha

haha, we typical singaporean ma.. kiasu!

Anyway, hardly any smell at all... i was very surprised also.. esp since ours is close cabinet somemore.. i thought will trap the smell even more.