My Second Reef Tank!!!

reaper78

Stocking level remains the same, 2 percs, 1 comet & 2 cleaning shrimp. Feeding regime remains the same too, no dosing of supplements except for Bacteria MB7 (Weekly) & Bio digest (Fortnightly).

post-15684-12697006282973_thumb.jpg

Tank Size: 3 x 3 x 2 with 3.5ft cabinet

Hi guys,

10th day into using biopellet. Some pics of the skimmate which i think is getting darker. However due to the inconsistency of the water level (chiller not here yet), performance of the skimmer might be compromised.

Hi reaper.

Yeah I recalled reading that if you are using NP Pellets, it is best to put it near the skimmer.

Somehow, a bad strain of bacteria is produce when u use NP pellets. With a skimmer in the vicinity of the skimmer, they will be skimmed away.

maybe that explains your darker skimmate.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

Hi reaper.

Yeah I recalled reading that if you are using NP Pellets, it is best to put it near the skimmer.

Somehow, a bad strain of bacteria is produce when u use NP pellets. With a skimmer in the vicinity of the skimmer, they will be skimmed away.

maybe that explains your darker skimmate.

Hi Bro,

Yap, probably it is. Will see how it goes and i might dump another 500ml (most likely 2 -3 weeks later) into the same compartment once i have enff aeration in the tank.

Alright, last week purchase of this pink zoas not doing well & the black-faced zoas gone 100%!......if my eyes did not fail me, i saw small nudi's crawling ard......despite my effort in dipping in fresh water, perhaps eggs attached not eliminated..... :eyeblur:

post-15684-12697730792179_thumb.jpg

post-15684-12697730941112_thumb.jpg

Bought 5 x sand dollars frm cf to sniff out the sand and a small yellow wrasse to combat the nudi's. (well it work well for my previous tank, gona try my luck again on this fellow)

post-15684-12697732706858_thumb.jpg

And this thingy, is this a mysis/ghost shrimp?? Anyone help to ID this? Bought this for Mr Comet to eat, seems like he only eat 'live' food....

And also from LCK, a royal gramma. Hiding among the rocks now, so not possible to snap a shot....

post-15684-12697734780086_thumb.jpg

Alright, last week purchase of this pink zoas not doing well & the black-faced zoas gone 100%!......if my eyes did not fail me, i saw small nudi's crawling ard......despite my effort in dipping in fresh water, perhaps eggs attached not eliminated..... :eyeblur:

bro, maybe need to invest the CoralRxPro to all your new incoming zoa first.

And this yumas from irwana that cost less than 1 red note....

Bro, you are so fast...i also want to buy this yuma lei...if i know you are going there today, should ask you to help...collect from you is more easy lol....hahaha got any other choice there?

Bro, you are so fast...i also want to buy this yuma lei...if i know you are going there today, should ask you to help...collect from you is more easy lol....hahaha got any other choice there?

Last min went there lor...hehe....still got a couple of yumas but not much left ah.....

• SRC Member

brown algae starts to appear liao..haha...same for me...this is the part i hate most...

very nice zoas from iwarna and CF...its much much much cheaper there...since this coming friday is PH, think i will go there cc look look...

RB is selling live brine shrimp, but i think too far for u to travel all the way there...

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

brown algae starts to appear liao..haha...same for me...this is the part i hate most...

i'm also facing abit of that brown algae problem..

will stiring the sand work?

or will it be gone over time..

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

very nice zoas from iwarna and CF...its much much much cheaper there...since this coming friday is PH, think i will go there cc look look...

RB is selling live brine shrimp, but i think too far for u to travel all the way there...

Hey bro,

Yah lor, once the aquarium lights are switch on, live stock and feeding starts....algae start cming......So far, my sand kena liao, brown algae..Should be new tank syndrome bah. Should improve over time once i haf more flow in the tank...i update again if the sand dollar are doing a fine job?? :unsure:

Went RB few days ago, but didnt buy the brine shrimp as i tried before. Comet doesnt seem to like it....very choosy eater...

i'm also facing abit of that brown algae problem..

will stiring the sand work?

or will it be gone over time..

kiko

you are still facing brown algae problem?

your tank has been running quite a number of months already.

might be due to the sheer number of fishes you have in your tank.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!