My Second Reef Tank!!!

reaper78

• SRC Supporter
Space constraint issue? Hmm.....perhaps you want to shift some of ur fishes to the new frag tank? Btwn how is the frag tank?? Setting up liao?

aiya, long story la, space at home also an issue, staying with parents always will have pros n cons la.... now just only confirm the actual place to set up the tank and I might be able to make a 2 ft cube instead... hehehe... since want to do, might as well do a proper tank and still can have frags too rather than just a frag tank... i've already have some idea how to DIY a frag rack to be housed in the cube... :PPP

aiya, long story la, space at home also an issue, staying with parents always will have pros n cons la.... now just only confirm the actual place to set up the tank and I might be able to make a 2 ft cube instead... hehehe... since want to do, might as well do a proper tank and still can have frags too rather than just a frag tank... i've already have some idea how to DIY a frag rack to be housed in the cube... :PPP

Excellent, Can do a 2 x 2 x 2 ft liao.....very exciting to haf a new tank..hehe... :eyebrow:

Tank Size: 3 x 3 x 2 with 3.5ft cabinet

• SRC Member

Bro Reaper78,

U always say no $, no $ but u brought such as expensive lighting equipment <_<

2ft cube with 2.5 sump

400w MH with 6 x 24w blue T5

Hydor wavemaker controller

Aquatronica controller

Daikin compressor with double coil

RM CR

H&S out sump skimmer

Bro Reaper78,

U always say no $, no $ but u brought such as expensive lighting equipment <_<

Hi bro. Yah lor, really no more $$$ liao, plus point is that now i can slowly cycle the tank first w/o any livestock. Ermm...1 shot investment mah, next time when i decomm still can get back some $$$ lor...hahaha :whistle

• SRC Member
Hi bro. Yah lor, really no more $$$ liao, plus point is that now i can slowly cycle the tank first w/o any livestock. Ermm...1 shot investment mah, next time when i decomm still can get back some $$$ lor...hahaha :whistle

How soon u going to decomm?? :eyebrow:

Just kidding lah...

2ft cube with 2.5 sump

400w MH with 6 x 24w blue T5

Hydor wavemaker controller

Aquatronica controller

Daikin compressor with double coil

RM CR

H&S out sump skimmer

• SRC Member
Those who say no $ are those who knows how to keep $

Very chim... :eyebrow::whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member
Those who say no $ are those who knows how to keep $

dont get it...

too chim...

i always set a small budget for me to spend on reefing every month,

but once there's a shipment, or if i come across some really good deals,

i'll burst that budget..

which until today,

i've failed to keep up with...

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

i always set a small budget for me to spend on reefing every month,

but once there's a shipment, or if i come across some really good deals,

i'll burst that budget..

which until today,

i've failed to keep up with...

I am like that too........

Need to change, its not a good thing :P

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

Update on the biological part:

Bought bio digest bacteria for dosage. Finished the first 2 weeks of MB7 dosing, switching to weekly dosing + fortnightly dose of bio digest. Next week shall add in 500ml of bio pellets into the 2nd overflow compartment.

Currently sump tank (return compartment) housing 3kg of bio home plus and 1 kg of bio home.

I have a feeling i a little too kiasu......haha :upsidedown:

post-15684-1267417963_thumb.jpg

post-15684-1267417973_thumb.jpg

post-15684-1267418158_thumb.jpg

Update on the biological part:

Bought bio digest bacteria for dosage. Finished the first 2 weeks of MB7 dosing, switching to weekly dosing + fortnightly dose of bio digest. Next week shall add in 500ml of bio pellets into the 2nd overflow compartment.

Bro,

I think you might be overdoing on this. Careful and do it moderately. Overdosage of bacteria can lead to bacteria bloom which is fairly normal, what's worst is that you get dinos and hair algae. So be careful wor.

IMO, if you have bio pellets, can scrap the MB7 and BioDigest. All 3 serve the same purpose except biopellets have the food source for the bacteria incorporated whereas MB7 and BioDigest don't. If you want to use BioDigest with MB7, it's possible but do it alternate week in low amounts. Till far, I cannot find any scientific papers online stating the amount of healthy bacteria in each BioDigest amp as well as MB7.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Bro,

I think you might be overdoing on this. Careful and do it moderately. Overdosage of bacteria can lead to bacteria bloom which is fairly normal, what's worst is that you get dinos and hair algae. So be careful wor.

IMO, if you have bio pellets, can scrap the MB7 and BioDigest. All 3 serve the same purpose except biopellets have the food source for the bacteria incorporated whereas MB7 and BioDigest don't. If you want to use BioDigest with MB7, it's possible but do it alternate week in low amounts. Till far, I cannot find any scientific papers online stating the amount of healthy bacteria in each BioDigest amp as well as MB7.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Hi bro. Thank for the infor. Yap i read up quite a fair bit abt the dosing of different types of bacteria. Will exercise caution on the dosage part......btwn i plan a 'time-table' for the dosing of bacteria and other supplement so that most of it are done separately. <_<

any pictures of your bubble king?

Hey bro. Long time no hear from ya......how is ur new tank cming along??

Eh bubble king still awaiting in the sump haha. Tmr evening then i fired up the skimmer. :upsidedown:

bro how mani market prawn for cycling? i put 5 onli scared too little....

I add in 1 large prawn only. From my understanding, Ketchup threw in 4 prawns to aid in the cycling. To my knowledge, no rules stating how many u can add in, (my previous tank i did not use any prawn or frozen food).

However pls bear in mind the 'fishy' smell that might occur from the prawns...... :rolleyes:

• SRC Member
I add in 1 large prawn only. From my understanding, Ketchup threw in 4 prawns to aid in the cycling. To my knowledge, no rules stating how many u can add in, (my previous tank i did not use any prawn or frozen food).

However pls bear in mind the 'fishy' smell that might occur from the prawns...... :rolleyes:

We threw in 5 medium size prawn (hmmm not tiger prawns la... LOL) for our 4 ft (ours a little bigger than normal 4 ft, it was 4 x 3 x 2 ft). And in our case, hardly any smell... could be because we use live sand and some live rocks so tanked cycled after 5 days...

We threw in 5 medium size prawn (hmmm not tiger prawns la... LOL) for our 4 ft (ours a little bigger than normal 4 ft, it was 4 x 3 x 2 ft). And in our case, hardly any smell... could be because we use live sand and some live rocks so tanked cycled after 5 days...

wah...i thought 4 prawns only? haha...

Bro a pic of your super healthy true perc pair :eyebrow::wub:

post-15831-1267458304_thumb.jpg

the hawk is sleeping now.

your new fishes will be as healthy as your old fishy with all the equips/planning you have made. :bow:

Hi Bro! Wah i miss the clowns, glad that they are thriving in ur tank. Is the hawk chasing other fishes?? cos it did in my previous tank...hehe

Thanks for the well-wishes bro, still in the planning stage though, another 5-6 more weeks to go before the intro of livestock.

• SRC Member
Hi Bro! Wah i miss the clowns, glad that they are thriving in ur tank. Is the hawk chasing other fishes?? cos it did in my previous tank...hehe

Thanks for the well-wishes bro, still in the planning stage though, another 5-6 more weeks to go before the intro of livestock.

the hawk is the timidest in the tank, even with pink belly wrasse introduce after that, it's always minding it's own business. very peaceful guy i should say :kiss: