Richie's Ocean

Richie13

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

your KH is 16?! That's ... WOW.. that's very very high .... I don't know whether my salifert test kit even goes that high.. tongue.gif does it?

I don't see your phosphate readings... PO4 or NO4 above?

how about your fish? how's your fish doing?

Btw my nitrates (No3) is very high too about 50 but it doesn't seem to affect the health of my fishes and LPS... just sPS can't really survive in my tank...

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

Do you have fish in your tank? Interested to find the cause, maybe you discovered the reef safe way to remove worms! :whistle

I have tangs, wrasses, mandarins, firefish and nemos... just collected another 14 lively worms... :unsure:

your KH is 16?! That's ... WOW.. that's very very high .... I don't know whether my salifert test kit even goes that high.. tongue.gif does it?

I don't see your phosphate readings... PO4 or NO4 above?

how about your fish? how's your fish doing?

Btw my nitrates (No3) is very high too about 50 but it doesn't seem to affect the health of my fishes and LPS... just sPS can't really survive in my tank...

My PO4 test kit finished, haven't buy new one yet, so never test... :paiseh:

I have been dosing MG daily(recommended by Seet) as my MG is around 800-900... the other changes is my salinity use to be 1.015, PH ue to be 7.8-7.9 :blink:

aquatronica7na.gif

Main Tank - DECOMMISSIONED ON 24.01.11

48"x24"x26" 12mm thick starfire crystal glass(3 sided) EOS with Black Silicon(Germany)

Sump Tank

32"x15"x20" complete with egg crate, bio-ball, top up reservoir

Equipments

Return Pump: AquaBee up7000

Skimmer: Skimz Monzter sm200 with AquaBee pin wheel and AquaBee up2000(Germany) as feed pump

CR: Skimz Monzter CM150 powered with AquaBee 2000i(Germany), solonoid valve and CO2 tank

FR: Skimz 150

MH Lighting: 2x250W Lumen bright(USA) MH pendant with 2x250W 12000k Reeflux bulb(USA), 250W Coralvue (USA) dimmable ballast

T5 Lighting: 2x54w ATI(Germany) high output T5 bulb with aluminium stand

Controller: Aquatronica ACS ADVANCE Package

Dosing: Aquatronica Dosing Pumps-ACQ450

• SRC Member

kH too high bro.

Please double confirm on that.

Alkalinity plays a crucial part in reef. It affects calcium calcification for corals.

I know my KH too high but recommended by Seet to rectify my mg first... :pinch:

aquatronica7na.gif

48"x24"x26" 12mm thick starfire crystal glass(3 sided) EOS with Black Silicon(Germany)

Sump Tank

Equipments

Skimmer: Skimz Monzter sm200 with AquaBee pin wheel and AquaBee up2000(Germany) as feed pump

CR: Skimz Monzter CM150 powered with AquaBee 2000i(Germany), solonoid valve and CO2 tank

MH Lighting: 2x250W Lumen bright(USA) MH pendant with 2x250W 12000k Reeflux bulb(USA), 250W Coralvue (USA) dimmable ballast

• SRC Member

my corals are ok xcept for some zoas not opening... only casualty is cleaner shrimp x1...

Salinity: 1.0225

MG: 1025

CA: 350

PH: 8.27

KH: 16

NO4:0.25

NO2: 0

N03: 20

:wacko::blink::cry::erm::o

wow nice KH level. i always have difficulty to keep my KH high, always fall below 10. But my CA and Mg are above 420 and 1250 respectively. I think that explain why ur CA and Mg are low while ur KH are spiking. :)

God Blessed all who appreciate His wonderful and beautiful creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my first reef aquarium 15jan2010

3x2x2ft EOS 10mm tank with sump//deltec sc2060 skimmer//arctica 1/10hp chiller

maxpect g2 170w led//vortech mp40w wavemaker//eheim 1262 universal pump

eheim compact+ 3000 chiller pump//caribsea ocean direct live sands 40lbs

and other misc...

• SRC Member

So fish ok, coral ok. Shrimp and worm not okay.

Snail?

My snails on the sand bed, on the rocks, ok... scoop another 6 worms out(87 in total)... didn't know I had that many... :wacko::cry:

aquatronica7na.gif

Sump Tank

Equipments

• SRC Member

wow nice KH level. i always have difficulty to keep my KH high, always fall below 10. But my CA and Mg are above 420 and 1250 respectively. I think that explain why ur CA and Mg are low while ur KH are spiking. :)

That's y trying to raise the mg level to 1350 and hopefully kh will lower... your parameter is the ideal parameter... :cry2:

aquatronica7na.gif

Sump Tank

Equipments

• SRC Member

That's y trying to raise the mg level to 1350 and hopefully kh will lower... your parameter is the ideal parameter... :cry2:

pat pat...but i gotta dose my KH every morning instead of once a week :cry2:

God Blessed all who appreciate His wonderful and beautiful creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my first reef aquarium 15jan2010

3x2x2ft EOS 10mm tank with sump//deltec sc2060 skimmer//arctica 1/10hp chiller

maxpect g2 170w led//vortech mp40w wavemaker//eheim 1262 universal pump

eheim compact+ 3000 chiller pump//caribsea ocean direct live sands 40lbs

and other misc...

pat pat...but i gotta dose my KH every morning instead of once a week :cry2:

look into kalk dosing every night before you sleep. it helps with your kH. morning dosing of kH supplement does not help much as compared to kH dosing at night. You can also add 5ml of vinegar to 1 teaspoon of kalk (general guide) before dosing your kalk. Try to keep your kH stable and your corals should grow well (:

and richie, hmm i cannot identify your problem. if worms are the only ones dying right now, guess there's aint any issue luh. hahaha but everyone will start asking you how you manage to get rid of your bristleworms haha (:

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

P.S: we still haven't nasi-lemaked! LOL

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member

I think you can start selling your 'ocean' water as anti worm live rock dip liao! :upsidedown:

I still cannot solve the puzzle... tday pick out another 17pcs... :wacko:

aquatronica7na.gif

Sump Tank

Equipments

• SRC Member

I still cannot solve the puzzle... tday pick out another 17pcs... :wacko:

Well, the only things that can kill bristle worms are usually a large swing in salinity of your tank, high concentration of copper in your tank and maybe high NO3.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member

my corals are ok xcept for some zoas not opening... only casualty is cleaner shrimp x1...

Salinity: 1.0225

MG: 1025

CA: 350

PH: 8.27

KH: 16

NO4:0.25

NO2: 0

N03: 20

:wacko::blink::cry::erm::o

Well, the only things that can kill bristle worms are usually a large swing in salinity of your tank, high concentration of copper in your tank and maybe high NO3.

My salinity was increased stadily over a period of 2 weeks... NO3 maintained at 20...

How to check copper...

Any one has any advices for me... today all my zoas not opening, 1 sunny turning white, 2 anemone died... :(

aquatronica7na.gif

Sump Tank

Equipments

Hi Richie

Sounds like you are facing a mini crisis here. Hope more bros can chip in to help.

Some questions:

- What water are you using for your WC? salt mix / NSW? Do you measure there parameters before adding?

- What is your ORP now in the morning and in the night?

- You are using PH controller connected to your CR right? What is your PH swing from the morning to the night?

- What is your dosing pump dosing?

- For the zoas case: did you dip your zoas? are there any nudis visible on the tank walls? zoapox?

Sorry for the posting so many questions. Just trying to help you narrow down the problem.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

Hi Richie

Sounds like you are facing a mini crisis here. Hope more bros can chip in to help.

Some questions:

- What water are you using for your WC? salt mix / NSW? Do you measure there parameters before adding? Using ME salt mix.

- What is your ORP now in the morning and in the night? ORP is Redox?

- You are using PH controller connected to your CR right? What is your PH swing from the morning to the night? My CO2 finished so not running my CR as of now.

- What is your dosing pump dosing? GroTech A,B,C.

- For the zoas case: did you dip your zoas? are there any nudis visible on the tank walls? zoapox? None.

Sorry for the posting so many questions. Just trying to help you narrow down the problem.

Best thing that happen is one of my Mystery Wrasse got its stripes back... :lol:

Could the running of my ozonizer be the cause of it... recently have been running it for 8hrs per day... :wacko:

aquatronica7na.gif

Sump Tank

Equipments

• SRC Member

Best thing that happen is one of my Mystery Wrasse got its stripes back... :lol:

Could the running of my ozonizer be the cause of it... recently have been running it for 8hrs per day... :wacko:

It could be. Ozone is very toxic when the concentration gets too high.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member

It could be. Ozone is very toxic when the concentration gets too high.

I have shut it off for about 3 days liao... no more dead worms... :paiseh:

Zoas still not opeing up... 2 sunnies turn white... 1x green brain gone... and some other corals... 2x cleaner shrimp... 2x fire shrimps... 2x boxer... 1x anemone crab... :erm:

Most painfull is a rock of 8 different coloured rics... :cry:

Consider this as another crash... feel like giving up... :cry2:

aquatronica7na.gif

Sump Tank

Equipments

Bro, these are lessons which each reefer will go through more or less. I have my fair share too. Dun give up.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!