How much is this ric rock worth???

teebs

• SRC Member
Hey hi red,

TS = Peter tee = OT king. I am sure he dun mind lol

Jacky...say I OT King... :upsidedown: I take back my orange and pink rics... :eyebrow::rolleyes:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah some school thing. humanitarian work sorta thing. 3 weeks is plenty of time for dear murphy to visit my tank and potentially crash it... but i volunteered and must help lah. the reward for the trip quite good too... cca points and other schoolish stuff

interesting and meaningful voluntary work. will be a good experience.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

Jacky...say I OT King... :upsidedown: I take back my orange and pink rics... :eyebrow::rolleyes:

Sorry my bad.... it should be OT + TCSS king :upsidedown:

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

• SRC Member
wahahaha...i couldn't read everything down here...very tedious on my eyes...like reading thesis...

Anyway...i better not comment any further, otherwise, it will go on and on....end of the day, so long you are happy with your purchase..that's most impt.

I totally agree with that... :whistle

End of the day, the best way to judge how much you should pay or bid for any coral is to take a step backwards, look at your wallet/bank account and then think about how much you really want the coral and how much you are willing to pay for it.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
Sorry my bad.... it should be OT + TCSS king :upsidedown:

Jacky....say me say until like tat...I take back my orange, pink, green and blue rics... :eyebrow::rolleyes::upsidedown:

U forgot u are the master of OT and TCSS meh??? :whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

I totally agree with that... :whistle

End of the day, the best way to judge how much you should pay or bid for any coral is to take a step backwards, look at your wallet/bank account and then think about how much you really want the coral and how much you are willing to pay for it.

+1. But feel that bidding system is mainly for "BIG" players.

Personally, I will continue hunting for frags at a more economical way......

Jacky....say me say until like tat...I take back my orange, pink, green and blue rics... :eyebrow::rolleyes::upsidedown:

U forgot u are the master of OT and TCSS meh??? :whistle

lol lucky this is your thread, else I sure get kicked out of this thread oledi.

• SRC Member
+1. But feel that bidding system is mainly for "BIG" players.

Personally, I will continue hunting for frags at a more economical way......

Ya, right now I'm also looking at ways to get more economical prices for corals... :eyebrow::whistle

Actually the best way is to get a group of reefers whom u know and trust and buy corals and later frag and either exchange or sell among yourselves. This would probably be the most economical way in my opinion.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Ya, right now I'm also looking at ways to get more economical prices for corals... :eyebrow::whistle

Actually the best way is to get a group of reefers whom u know and trust and buy corals and later frag and either exchange or sell among yourselves. This would probably be the most economical way in my opinion.

ooi peter, start a "share a coral" fragging grp leh.

count me in!

• SRC Member
ooi peter, start a "share a coral" fragging grp leh.

count me in!

U are the Indian Chief leh...so u start better... :whistle:eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

U are the Indian Chief leh...so u start better... :whistle:eyebrow:

erh... me chinese leh... wahahahaha......

• SRC Member
erh... me chinese leh... wahahahaha......

Then u the CHINESE Indian Chief lor... :eyebrow::whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member

Just a quick thought... i believe many of those whom have voiced out their thoughts here is concern with how the newbies would react to see such bidding system in our community and potentially how expensive corals can be... We are more "experience" with the kind of corals that are placed on bidding and thus would be able to guage the price range whereby we are comfortable to fork out the cash for.. however do the newbies know what "Gems" really are and how to take care of them?

As such, i am just wondering as i read thru these posts.. Is it feasible for the mods to come up with a Bidding section under Classified / Bulk order Forums? It could potentially look like this...

Auction House

Have something rare and exotic? Place your bids here!

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• SRC Member
Just a quick thought... i believe many of those whom have voiced out their thoughts here is concern with how the newbies would react to see such bidding system in our community and potentially how expensive corals can be... We are more "experience" with the kind of corals that are placed on bidding and thus would be able to guage the price range whereby we are comfortable to fork out the cash for.. however do the newbies know what "Gems" really are and how to take care of them?

As such, i am just wondering as i read thru these posts.. Is it feasible for the mods to come up with a Bidding section under Classified / Bulk order Forums? It could potentially look like this...

Auction House

Have something rare and exotic? Place your bids here!

Would be good to have a section just purely for bidding.

But the issue is that even with the bidding section, there is still no way for newbies to know which corals are "GEMS" and which are not. I would say that it is better for each reefer to know how much he is willing to bid and then bid accordingly. If any reefer gets caught up in the bidding fenzy and overbids for the coral, then it is basically his own fault.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

But the issue is that even with the bidding section, there is still no way for newbies to know which corals are "GEMS" and which are not. I would say that it is better for each reefer to know how much he is willing to bid and then bid accordingly. If any reefer gets caught up in the bidding fenzy and overbids for the coral, then it is basically his own fault.

how to classify GEM and non GEM? another grey grey area lah.

whats a gem to me might not be to another reefer.

yah just let bidders do their own homework.

• SRC Member

That's why in the main page of the forum, there should be indication that the items for bidding are are rare or exotic...

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• Senior Reefer

some corals/fishes by definition itself is rare and exotic. wether others appreciate it or not is another thing. you cant change the fact that a fish that appears once every year or twice every year, is infact, exotic and rare. but wether you perceive it as a gem or not, thats another thing.

rare and exotic stuffs are difficult to lie, especially to more senior reefers. new reefers there's a problem. they have to educate themselves. most people here wont risk embarrasing themselves by saying selling rare stuff, but turns out to be not rare. the senior reefers will flame and i certainly will chide my input if the stuff being sold is common but the seller claims its rare and exotic.

but if the thread starter puts there. GEM for bid. what can i do? he sees it as a gem so be it. if someone were to sell a green chromis and calls it a gem. then hey, good for him/her. a gem to him may not be a gem to you. so then simply don't buy. at least he isnt saying "selling RARE and EXOTIC green chromis" that's a different thing that will garner some form of negative feedback. unless the chromis has a rare marking or some kind of unusual variant.

for example. a yellow tail damsel = rare and exotic? no. but isit a gem? yes and no. depends on who sees it.

example 2. rhomboid wrasse, carmabi basslet = rare and exotic? yes. wether you think so or not, it is rare and it is exotic. that's a fact. but isit a gem? yes and no.

i agree with jacky you cannot classify GEM and non GEM. its up to seller up to buyer. dont like it? dont go in. dont make noise. like it? go and bid.

rare stuff and exotic stuff cannot really be changed. although for zoanthids it is rather ambiguous as the variety is so diverse. but more or less its there. reefers will definately get some form of rejection and "noise" if cheap stuff are being sold as exotics. but we cant do anything on how anyone else perceives something as a gem or not.

here's something to think about. hope i'm making sense this early in the morning.

• SRC Member
That's why in the main page of the forum, there should be indication that the items for bidding are are rare or exotic...

I'd rather not go into this type of division as it is very difficult to guage if a coral is rare or exotic. What may be super nice, rare or exotic to me may be just another coral to another person.

Rare and exotic especially for corals depends on the number of such exotic and rare pieces that the LFS brings in. For example, you se emany different colour morphs of corals in the states that you don't normally see here but in the states, quite a number of reefers and many LFSes actually stock those corals.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

But having a new bidding section where all bids are housed is a good idea. Then we do not need to go through the massive list of sales items in Pasar Malam to search for some particular bids.

• SRC Member
Get that Candy Basslet and place it here for bid!!! LOL!

U buy lah then place it here for bidding... :eyebrow::whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
Get that Candy Basslet and place it here for bid!!! LOL!

good idea

Mix Reef Tank: 5ft x 2.5ft x 2ft mixed reef

Chiller: daikin 1hp compressor

Return: Red Dragon 6.5m3

Lighting: Aqua Lumen Ocean 4ft

Skimmer: Reef Octopus RO-RPS-5000-EXT w/ Bubble Blaster

CR: RM 824 /milwakee PH controller

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

American Pinpoint PH monitor

American Pinpoint ORP Monitor with Resun Ozone

RM sulphur denitrator