Pasar Malam - Home Tanks

clee123

• SRC Member
YCK / Jalan Kayu area ma... :yeah:

YOu STAY NEAR US!!! we are opposite YCK MRT!!!!!!!!! Are you staying at those houses along Jln Kayu or in lentor?! ;)

Desi!

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

YOu STAY NEAR US!!! we are opposite YCK MRT!!!!!!!!! Are you staying at those houses along Jln Kayu or in lentor?! ;)

Desi!

Actually not that near lar... I am staying along the Gerald Drive right after the function of Jalan Kayu and YCK Road.... :lol:

fts-022012.JPG

This was how the 4 footer (actually a 4.5 ft tank if include the overflow from the left side) placed under the stair of the basement...it fits in perfectly at the good position and saves lot of space....initial water testing....... a bit of sneak review of the 6 footer on the left...

wah clee boss , your house become mini aquarium.....cool... :upsidedown:

Here are some of the Equipment setup for the 4 footer :

Becktett Skimmer with Rio 26H pump and waste collector

DIY CR with 2 cylinders - 1 filled with Active Carbon Meida and 1 filled with bioballs

1x Skizm FR150 filled with RowaPHOS media

1 x Reef Maniacs CR with CO2 Cylinder/Electronic Solenoid valve/Atman feeder pump

2 x Eheim 1260 return pump connected to two outlets to display tank

1 x Resun CL650 1/4 HP Chiller

1 x Resun SP3800 (2000L/H) was used to T-off the water to the chiller and the DIY CR (water flows from the first CR to the second CR and then finally flow to the return compartment. The water from the chiller also flow into the return compartment from the skimmer compartment)

The actual size of the main tank : 4.5 ft (L) x 2 ft (W) x 2.5 ft (H) with 12mm class and the sump is 2.5 ft x 1.5 x 1.5 :)

post-16749-1267119873_thumb.jpg

post-16749-1267119894_thumb.jpg

post-16749-1267119906_thumb.jpg

fts-022012.JPG

• SRC Member

Hi Bro,

How many tanks do u have? :rolleyes:

Great job with the re-fabrication of the cabinet... all the while I thought we are stuck with what we have, didn't know can change colour... :paiseh:

Btw, did u DIY or u got professional to do the job... :unsure:

Beautiful... :whistle

aquatronica7na.gif

Main Tank - DECOMMISSIONED ON 24.01.11

48"x24"x26" 12mm thick starfire crystal glass(3 sided) EOS with Black Silicon(Germany)

Sump Tank

32"x15"x20" complete with egg crate, bio-ball, top up reservoir

Equipments

Return Pump: AquaBee up7000

Skimmer: Skimz Monzter sm200 with AquaBee pin wheel and AquaBee up2000(Germany) as feed pump

CR: Skimz Monzter CM150 powered with AquaBee 2000i(Germany), solonoid valve and CO2 tank

FR: Skimz 150

MH Lighting: 2x250W Lumen bright(USA) MH pendant with 2x250W 12000k Reeflux bulb(USA), 250W Coralvue (USA) dimmable ballast

T5 Lighting: 2x54w ATI(Germany) high output T5 bulb with aluminium stand

Controller: Aquatronica ACS ADVANCE Package

Dosing: Aquatronica Dosing Pumps-ACQ450

Hi Bro,

Great job with the re-fabrication of the cabinet... all the while I thought we are stuck with what we have, didn't know can change colour... :paiseh:

No lar... the re-fabrication is done by professional.... for the 4 footer I change the colour, the cabinet door to allow air flow and the hood..

I will stock you...if I tell you I used to have 15 tanks... now reduce to 3 Discus breeding tanks (3 tier 2 ft x 1.5 x1.5) and 2 tier (4 ft x 2 x 2) planted tanks and the two marine tanks ( 1 x 6 footer and 1 x 4.5 footer) at my home... :eyebrow:

fts-022012.JPG

Hi Bro,

No lar... the re-fabrication is done by professional.... for the 4 footer I change the colour, the cabinet door to allow air flow and the hood..

I will stock you...if I tell you I used to have 15 tanks... now reduce to 3 Discus breeding tanks (3 tier 2 ft x 1.5 x1.5) and 2 tier (4 ft x 2 x 2) planted tanks and the two marine tanks ( 1 x 6 footer and 1 x 4.5 footer) at my home... :eyebrow:

fts-022012.JPG

Actually not that near lar... I am staying along the Gerald Drive right after the function of Jalan Kayu and YCK Road.... :lol:

Rich guy sia!

I know of one reefer who stays around there. haha and another around Jln Kayu teehee (:

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member

OMG, 15 tanks... u wan2 start an aquarium... :whistle

aquatronica7na.gif

Main Tank - DECOMMISSIONED ON 24.01.11

48"x24"x26" 12mm thick starfire crystal glass(3 sided) EOS with Black Silicon(Germany)

Sump Tank

32"x15"x20" complete with egg crate, bio-ball, top up reservoir

Equipments

Return Pump: AquaBee up7000

Skimmer: Skimz Monzter sm200 with AquaBee pin wheel and AquaBee up2000(Germany) as feed pump

CR: Skimz Monzter CM150 powered with AquaBee 2000i(Germany), solonoid valve and CO2 tank

FR: Skimz 150

MH Lighting: 2x250W Lumen bright(USA) MH pendant with 2x250W 12000k Reeflux bulb(USA), 250W Coralvue (USA) dimmable ballast

T5 Lighting: 2x54w ATI(Germany) high output T5 bulb with aluminium stand

Controller: Aquatronica ACS ADVANCE Package

Dosing: Aquatronica Dosing Pumps-ACQ450

Rich guy sia!

I know of one reefer who stays around there. haha and another around Jln Kayu teehee (:

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

You mean the one with a few marine tanks?

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

Ok... to continue with the equipment list for the 4 footer :

1 x Hailea HLO-100 Ozonizer connected to the Skimmer.. I turn on the Ozionizer 2 times a week (each 300 hours)

1 x ORP/PH Controller and 1 x PH monitor (connected to the CR)

post-16749-1267374970_thumb.jpg

post-16749-1267375032_thumb.jpg

post-16749-1267375053_thumb.jpg

fts-022012.JPG

The last part on the equipment list for the 4 footer - Lighting

I use 2 x 150W MH plus 2 x T5 Blus tubs..

The two MH light were actually transferred from the 6 footer when I brought as a package - as I was setting up my 6 footer as the SPS tank, I need something more solid...

post-16749-1267375830_thumb.jpg

post-16749-1267375888_thumb.jpg

fts-022012.JPG

opp.... forgot about the one last important part... the water flow...

The water circulation is quite sufficient actually - supported by two return pumps (Eheim 1260) - one at the left side front corner and the other from the right side back corner - this provides a all cycle of the water movement to the whole tank...

I added 2 x sunsun 201 wavemakers connected to a Ocean Pluse-Due (WM-01) wave controller which allows you to create three different types of flow (Laminar flow, Turbulent Flow and Surge Flow) - The controller is switched off by a timer every night when the two MH lights are off duty and when the blue moonlight is up...

I think the 2 x sunsun wavemakers and the Occean Pluse-Due controller offer the most "value of money" alternative as compared to other branded wave makers in the market thus far.. Ok... this wavemaker thingy is not Pasar Malam items ... but believe or not .. the whole wave movement setup cost me less than S$100... :eyebrow:

fts-022012.JPG

bro careful sun sun wavemaker if you keep on and off, it will suck in instead of pushing water out..

Hey...thank for the tips... I had experienced that with the 202 model... the 201 and 202 are the two flow head types... If you consider 1 flow head suck in the water and the other suck out ... it acutally create a stronger water flow.. :rolleyes:

fts-022012.JPG

• SRC Member

clee, I simply cannot imagine your WATER BILL every month!!!! :P Kudos to you for the passion you have for both marine AND FW! :eyeblur:

:eyebrow: Desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...