New chapter for 6ft

stevenkoh08

• SRC Member

oddly, i felt as if the queen is like a little girl, doing her catwalk in her room and immediately hide when she saw daddy peeping :P haha

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah... but damn camera shy....

always find it amazing that fishes are aware that we are aiming the camera at them...... so clever...

Ya for sure it shy when u fliming it ha ha i also suspect it a female...

Just like my little girl shy type

oddly, i felt as if the queen is like a little girl, doing her catwalk in her room and immediately hide when she saw daddy peeping :P haha

Ha Ha funny one u got her style liao

u wanna have one too

• SRC Member

sure, if i can program tt hot chick i mean fish not to nip on corals! haha, seen the way they behave in mix-reef tank! it's like vacuum-cleaner + grass cutter! :pinch::ooh::o

else each nip she get, my heart will sink 1 time. hehe. how bout naming her? :eyebrow: Victoria Holacanthus ciliaris Beckhem ? :idea:

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

• 2 weeks later...

To my surprise today just measure PO4 with a help of a reefer, it stated almost zero with the algea srubber...

nvr done water change for 3wks liao......

conclusion means it work even heavy feeding 10times a day, 36 fishes and no FR or carbon..

even orp maintain at 400mv without running O3 generator...

To my surprise today just measure PO4 with a help of a reefer, it stated almost zero with the algea srubber...

nvr done water change for 3wks liao......

conclusion means it work even heavy feeding 10times a day, 36 fishes and no FR or carbon..

even orp maintain at 400mv without running O3 generator...

Bro, your video shown that your rocks have some green algae. Has it improved after using the algae scrubber?

Bro, your video shown that your rocks have some green algae. Has it improved after using the algae scrubber?

sure haver some as the lighting is quite strong but so far it didn't spread over as the srcubber is controlling it

• 2 weeks later...

'

ya all doing well and can start to see the polyp opening

how bout urs

the polyp is opening too.. But the color is not as intensive as what we first saw in Irwanna :(

Just bought 3 PAR LEds to enhance my lighting system, and monitoring it and see..

for the purple yes it turn brown the others still have abit of green only how is urs

As for the gruppy doing well look quite nice also but they most of the time at the top column

Mine not doing well for the acropora species (the one with less hairy extension) cos CR down, wait for the pump to come in at RD.

Tank Size: 3 x 3 x 2 with 3.5ft cabinet

• SRC Supporter

for the purple yes it turn brown the others still have abit of green only how is urs

As for the gruppy doing well look quite nice also but they most of the time at the top column

Wow.. Guppy in a Marine tank :blink::blink:

• SRC Member

hmm... brudder... why guppy in marine tank?? Experiment eh? might be a new source of algae eaters?

Correct. This has been done with black molly for quite some time ago, they've been breeding in salt water tank too!

--------------------------int cost avg----kw/day------1day bill--------1mth bill-------1yr bil

Maxspect 230w x 2------S$2160-------3.68kw-------S$0.85----------S$25.86------S$310.25

8hrs a day

MS skimmer 33w x 2----S$500--------1.584kw------S$0.37----------S$11.02------S$132.23

Laguna pump 160w------S$380--------3.84kw-------S$0.88----------S$26.72------S$320.55

Sunsun 30w--------------S$70----------0.72kw-------S$0.17----------S$5.01-------S$ 60.11

Hailea HC-500 528w-----S$579--------5.28kw-------S$1.21----------S$36.73------S$440.75

10hrs per day

Algea scrubber-----------S$250--------1.728kw------S$0.40----------S$12.20------S$146.00

24w x 4 18hrs

Refugim lighting----------S$150--------0.45kw-------S$0.11----------S$3.13--------S$37.57

DIY Led 45w 10hrs

Refugim Ayclic box-------S$80

50kg grade 0&1 sand----S$50

Carrisea sand------------S$60

NSW-----------------------S$100

Test kit & additive--------S$300

Bio-home pus 6kg--------S$230

Live rock 80kg------------S$150

misc item------------------S$250

________________________________________________________________________________

Total cost------------------S$5309-----17.282kw-----S$3.99-----------S$121.37------S$1456.35

Exclude the tank

kudos to steven for the breakdown.

i'm impressed.

daryl

• SRC Member

hmm.... bro steven....any chance you seeing the guppy eating stuffs like red slime algae or hair algae or bryopsis... i got to admit its gonna be weird seeing a guppy in a marine tank.... but i guess a molly would look nice... especially a black one (not many cheap totally black marine fish)... do let us know your finding??