New chapter for 6ft

stevenkoh08

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here are the tank setup with completed job on sand bed

only running on 1set maxspect as the 2set is with dr_evil wait till get back will upload more photo (As photo said a thousand words LOL)

currently running on tap water first to test out and take this chance to rinse the sand

i've open the siphon valve guess what wow the flow was strong like this in future i can also use as water maintance

Power light.. shocked.gifshocked.gif And welcome to the 6 footer family.. eyebrow.gif

• SRC Member

i did ever plan for a 8footer which is also my dream but wife nag and said unless i able to do well with this first then will consider on upgrade again LOL :P

wow!...upgrade somemore to 8ft...i think mine, this is it man...4ft and a full stop.

l7304smr.jpg

Ha Ha ya 6 footer family maybe we should start one new topic on this to gather all to see how many 6ft tank around here online2long.gif

u also have some bright lite there should show me some of urs ph34r.gif

Sure, when i can find time to uploads on my tank pics.. So what do you intent to keep ? Full SPS ?

wow!...upgrade somemore to 8ft...i think mine, this is it man...4ft and a full stop.

4ft very good liao

Mine stop at 1.5 ft wahaha.....

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

here are the initial set up for the pvc pipe for siphon out the waste water below the sand bed

impressive

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

Sure, when i can find time to uploads on my tank pics.. So what do you intent to keep ? Full SPS ?

ya that's what i intend to do so SPS dominate tank as i lazy for target feeding LOL

what food do u suggest to keep the SPS with dosing pump like this i no need to worried too much as i only be home twice a week only

4ft very good liao

Mine stop at 1.5 ft wahaha.....

then u should try to show urs to her more nice coral and big fish to let her know tank is too small

best is to tell her ur tank got problem LOL

ha ha ha then get a 3footer to replace as tell her it cheaper in some ways

then u should try to show urs to her more nice coral and big fish to let her know tank is too small

best is to tell her ur tank got problem LOL

ha ha ha then get a 3footer to replace as tell her it cheaper in some ways

ummm she has been with me since my 6 ft, so she knows all about large tanks liao.... keke

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

oh like this huh u can consider make shift all ur furniture to make it more space and tell her that (u see our house is too empty so need something to cover up the loop hole)

that'll do the trick as this is how i got one 3ft and 4ft co-exist

ya that's what i intend to do so SPS dominate tank as i lazy for target feeding LOL

what food do u suggest to keep the SPS with dosing pump like this i no need to worried too much as i only be home twice a week only

Check out some of the awesome Zeovit reef supplement product from RD, it is good for those having large tank like us. Know some reefer here which has been using those with good coloration on their SPS.. eyebrow.gifeyebrow.gif

DT oystal eggs is a good choice to feed your SPS, prehapes you can also consider runing an aqua computer to take care of all the dosing and equipment for you ..

• SRC Member

very impressive build. are you still planning to add more sand? that seem alot of sands to me.

btw, try coral vitalizer from zeovit which is a kind of food. after using it, sps becomes hairy, and LPS expand big enough to start stinging one another.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

oh really have chk that out man looking for SPS food which can using dosing pump to feed daily

its quite hard if you want to doze automatically because most food need to refri for longer shelf life or else can be spoilt easily for most kind.

btw, let us know when ur sps is good and coloring under LED. very interested to see good examples and updates.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||