New chapter for 6ft

stevenkoh08

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Hi Steve

Notice all your power sockets are just above your sump. This could be dangerous and salt spray can be very corrosive and in no time there might be electrical short circuit within the power block. I had my tank burnt down in 2006 making this mistake (former tank been run from 1995). Very costly experience beside need to clean up the floor as it flood my hall.

Here's what I do to my tank now (setup since 2007):-

1. Place the power block as far as possible from the sump.

2. All pumps cables, skimmer cables...etc are run into cable tubes if possible.

3. Regular maintenance on the equipment include the power block by cleaning them with dry cloth.

Just my 2 cents.

bro who is your tank maker?

The piping work in your main tank is a bit unusual. the valve is pretty obvious.

Reef
Tank: 48"x 24"x 24"
Lightings: Maxspect Razor 120w x 2

Skimmer: Skimz Kone SK1
Chiller: Hailea 1/4 hp w/ Aquabee 3000
Wave Maker: Tunze 6065 x 2
Return Pump: Eheim 1262
Uv: Coralife 9 watt Uv w/ Eheim compact 1000

Fowlr
Tank: 36"x 21"x 16"
Lightings: Beamswork Ultrabright Led x 2
Skimmer: Skimz SM161
Wave Maker: Maxijet 1200
Return Pump: Eheim Compact 2000

oh ya as for the piping valve is that i fix it myself as u can see there's three outlet point

and for y i place it this way is cause of lesser distance for higher flow hope this answer ur question

• SRC Member

hi steven,

i find that you will need larger rocks for that kind of tank size. what do you think?

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

hi steven,

i find that you will need larger rocks for that kind of tank size. what do you think?

i agree to that too....

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

Hi Steve

Notice all your power sockets are just above your sump. This could be dangerous and salt spray can be very corrosive and in no time there might be electrical short circuit within the power block. I had my tank burnt down in 2006 making this mistake (former tank been run from 1995). Very costly experience beside need to clean up the floor as it flood my hall.

Here's what I do to my tank now (setup since 2007):-

1. Place the power block as far as possible from the sump.

2. All pumps cables, skimmer cables...etc are run into cable tubes if possible.

3. Regular maintenance on the equipment include the power block by cleaning them with dry cloth.

Just my 2 cents.

so far after think and see around no other place can place the power block so what i do is to install a fan to on when the cabinet is in the warm period

so like this it'll prevent any evaporation to go the the power or metal area

i'll also do as what u said cleaning up and proper maintanace of the equipment is important

now my next project will be DIY a wavebox with a Resun DC pump

1.) It'll have the timer for interval on off by speed control (How frequent of the wave)

2.) Have a min of 4 stage of flow rate ( To have a different weak to strong wave)

now my next project will be DIY a wavebox with a Resun DC pump

1.) It'll have the timer for interval on off by speed control (How frequent of the wave)

2.) Have a min of 4 stage of flow rate ( To have a different weak to strong wave)

The wavebox controller it done

post-15847-12709665928332_thumb.jpg

post-15847-12709666315287_thumb.jpg

component use only have 3 analog timer by soundtech

post-15847-12709666126748_thumb.jpg

1. it stil having the ramdom phase when manually and timer not on

2. u can have 24hr transiction period act as high tide and low tide of whatever timing u wan

3. ha ha an interval on off (which i haven't got the switch yet)

post-15847-1270966645686_thumb.jpgpost-15847-12709666576172_thumb.jpg

take a look at the pic which don't really explain much will try to upload a video once able to

it a 15000L/H pump DC 24v

yes it already come with a controller but u only able to control the interval of time delay on each mode

so u cannot choose to stay at which mode

that the reason need to mod it however i still remain the original mode as and when i i wish to use

with extra future i add on a timer to each mode so i can simulate the ocean like of high to low tide in every 6hrs changes

all tks to u bro to make it possible now only waiting to see when free go and buy parts to mod the interval on off

special tks to u will help u with ur ext thermostat soon k

by the way i still own a bro here for his lighting (moonlight) :P