Terry's 3x3x2 Tank

Terryz_

• Senior Reefer

Still find it ugly..

IMAG0517.jpg

this is the worst of all the scape you have done!

you better delete this before digiman see otherwise sure kena scolding lol.

what happen to all the rocks? how come all so small.

this is the worst of all the scape you have done!

you better delete this before digiman see otherwise sure kena scolding lol.

what happen to all the rocks? how come all so small.

Need to find some big rocks next time.. I shifted all to the center...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

elegance flow too strong.

and can you throw all those dying seafans away?

That is the only location with lesser flow... But it seems okay with flow... I tried adjusting the return liao.. The are not dying, still opening and feeding.. will throw only when they go botak... Even with the lowest chance of regrowing them, will try to keep them alive...

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

Need to find some big rocks next time.. I shifted all to the center...

ok i think this is what you should do.

1) throw away all the dying sea fans. seriously, what use are they? so unsightly and will not grow back.

2) get rid of all the small leather corals. they are so common and so ugly and nothing special. all these small rocks and small corals are just going to make things difficult for you.

3) get rid of all the lose rubble and small pieces of liverock. they are very difficult to scape with and are just going to cause problems.

4) there is no way you are going to succeed with doing a nice scape with all the existing pieces of rocks in your tank. don't touch the tank and visualise what kind of scape you want first. next, remove ALL the rocks from your tank. yes, all, and re-do the scaping once and for-all.

one time stress the tank is better than small consecutive stress by constant rescaping.

5) let the final scape settle down and grow some coraline algae. the green and white rocks you have are not nice.

in fact, why don't you just throw everything and get proper liverock? i understand you used dead and cooked rocks and it's going to take forever for it to look nice. dunno why u use dead rock? it's pointless. a little bit of crabs and worms ain't going to kill you.

and last but not least, use BIG rocks! my tank only 9 rocks and its enough to scape everything fully liao. the bigger the better.

But actually I was thinking, I am not aiming for TOTM or anything...

As long as the scaping is okay to me and the fishes are doing well, why am I bothering about the scape so much...

I think I am being too bothered by how others view my tank...

Hmmmm... Next time only photo of my corals.... No more FTS... It will be the last shot.... :P

Edited by Terryz_

Member of:

Becos it is so not like me to take people comment so seriously... Hmmmm...

No lah, sometimes people just mean you well bah :)

Bro, your scape in my opinion is not bad. Contrast to what Bro.Lemon says, in fact I do see a shape out of the scape and know what you are trying to create. So that's your plus point. I know you are trying hard already. So keep up :) However, similar to what bro.Lemon said, you have alot of small rocks already. So I suggest you dump them or put them in your sump for future use and get some good flat or big boulder rocks to replace.

Scape is of course, for visual presentation for everyone and ultimately, YOU. But you got to think about problems in the future with broken scapes. Nutrient factories, falling corals, dead fish carcasses, unable to clean tank's glasses etc are just some of the problems you may face. Will you like to be in a tight spot after 2 years and realise "DAMN! I am constantly battling with cyano, GHA, dino, and whatever coral/fish I put into the tank will just perish in less than a year. Should I decom?" So best is listen to what Lemon says now and not regret later :)

Let me know if you need help with your scape. I can help you and you can see how dirty/how much detrius are trapped in between your rocks. You will be appalled.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• Senior Reefer

ok lah i think we should just drop the whole topic.

if bro terryz like it then we shall not say anything else :) terryz, don't take it to heart. i'm your friend that's why i'm being very blunt with you and giving you my honest opinion. if not i seriously can't be bothered and just ignore this thread.

but if you like it then good. like now, i like my scape. if anyone ask me to re-do it i will also say no.

No lah, sometimes people just mean you well bah :)

Bro, your scape in my opinion is not bad. Contrast to what Bro.Lemon says, in fact I do see a shape out of the scape and know what you are trying to create. So that's your plus point. I know you are trying hard already. So keep up :) However, similar to what bro.Lemon said, you have alot of small rocks already. So I suggest you dump them or put them in your sump for future use and get some good flat or big boulder rocks to replace.

Scape is of course, for visual presentation for everyone and ultimately, YOU. But you got to think about problems in the future with broken scapes. Nutrient factories, falling corals, dead fish carcasses, unable to clean tank's glasses etc are just some of the problems you may face. Will you like to be in a tight spot after 2 years and realise "DAMN! I am constantly battling with cyano, GHA, dino, and whatever coral/fish I put into the tank will just perish in less than a year. Should I decom?" So best is listen to what Lemon says now and not regret later :)

Let me know if you need help with your scape. I can help you and you can see how dirty/how much detrius are trapped in between your rocks. You will be appalled.

LOL... I know, they meant well... Just that now I feel that I am rescaping just to make it pleasing to other people other than myself... I know how much the rocks can trap detritus, but the flow is enough to keep them moving and will be getting a replacement vortech next month to replace my spoilt vortech...

ok lah i think we should just drop the whole topic.

if bro terryz like it then we shall not say anything else :) terryz, don't take it to heart. i'm your friend that's why i'm being very blunt with you and giving you my honest opinion. if not i seriously can't be bothered and just ignore this thread.

but if you like it then good. like now, i like my scape. if anyone ask me to re-do it i will also say no.

LOL... I am not pissed or anything, I know you meant well... Just that now I am rescaping to please others... LOL... Actually I am not very satistfied with this scape too... So I wanted to get some big rock next month too...

Member of:

• SRC Member

hey bro, were u the 1 with lemon and another guy @ LCK today? sorry didn't say hi and was in an urgent rush for time, cos not too sure if u're terryz :) anyhow hope u had a great day shopping this afternoon,

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

• Senior Reefer

hey bro, were u the 1 with lemon and another guy @ LCK today? sorry didn't say hi and was in an urgent rush for time, cos not too sure if u're terryz :) anyhow hope u had a great day shopping this afternoon,

yah he is terryz. lol.

Yup... Still quite okay lar today... catch up next time.. :)

Member of:

• SRC Member

yah he is terryz. lol.

lol.. so ps. haha. i was in a panic mode.. cos needed cheated some time off and needed to speed around quickly b4 i'm caught. haha.

anyhow.. did you get the rosy scale? or any other items?

Yup... Still quite okay lar today... catch up next time.. :)

ps ah bro.. haha wht did u get today?

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

• Senior Reefer

lol.. so ps. haha. i was in a panic mode.. cos needed cheated some time off and needed to speed around quickly b4 i'm caught. haha.

nope.

i don't like rosy scale. the pale body and the bright red head with dark outlined scales make the fish look very sickly and weird. only the fins are nice.

that being said, this batch of rosy scales are actually rather pretty and worth getting.

Before you are being caught by who???

LOL...

ps ah bro.. haha wht did u get today?

Got the neon green sinularia...

Member of:

nope.

i don't like rosy scale. the pale body and the bright red head with dark outlined scales make the fish look very sickly and weird. only the fins are nice.

that being said, this batch of rosy scales are actually rather pretty and worth getting.

This is quite nice and alpha... But they are super aggressive... Not good for wrasse community.. Used have a trio which attack new wrasse in group... 1 male and 2 female...

Member of:

• SRC Member

This is quite nice and alpha... But they are super aggressive... Not good for wrasse community.. Used have a trio which attack new wrasse in group... 1 male and 2 female...

oh no.. haha .. but my hooded and AT love chasing it to no ends le..

anyhow. the green leather is nice suff :D well scare get caught by my gf of cos. haha. how's ya blotchi coming along?

oh no.. haha .. but my hooded and AT love chasing it to no ends le..

anyhow. the green leather is nice suff :D well scare get caught by my gf of cos. haha. how's ya blotchi coming along?

I didnt get it... Irene was selling too ex and those at Iwarna was sold when I reach there... Wait for next shipment lor..

Member of: