LCD Monitors

Creetin

• SRC Member

Ey bruther, this is reef club, not computer club! :lol:

Anyway, I prefer good ol'CRT but use LCD only if space is limited.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

i'm using samsung LCDs .... no problem so far ... almost 2 yrs liao .... bought it at the comdex ... cheaper and look out for trade in of old CRT monitors ... can pay lesser and get rid of the one you are replacing .....

really like the new samsung 17 LCD .... but quite x still ....and i have gotten my second one about 1 yr ago !!! SO GOT TO WAIT A WHILE !!

anyway , choice is yours .... ;)

CRT monitors take up too much space and energy, 'low emission'? Not quite.

LCDs is the way to go due to its smaller 'footprint' and lower power consumption.

'Emily', my Sony 15sfII was faithful to me for over 5 years till I switched to a Samsung LCD ('Vana') : more elbow space, more brilliant graphics, and aesthetically more pleasant.

Too bad you missed the promotions in COMDEX but If you can spare the cash (try not visiting Halus/LFS for a while.... :P ), go LCD, Samsung is a good choice.

I love my 21" monitor... perfect for work and gaming.

LCDs have a very slow refresh rate... so having ghosty images during fast and furious FPS games is a no-no.

Unless you can show me a LCD that doesn't have this problem.

:)

• SRC Member

yeah AT i heard alot abt the ghosting thingy... not sure how tat happens though...issit someting like during CS while running u turn n try to shoot n the image just disappears?

harlequin, ur options are very very mouthwatering but erm SONY and Apple 21, 24" inch LCD is probably gonna make me go into debt for a few months! hehehe.... may as well blow it on a 4-footer eh? :lol:

hmmm i might give philips a try since its cheaper den most other brands... besides now theres a tradein promo...very attractive.

Get Paid To Read Emails. Free To Join Now!

http://www.emailcashpro.com/?r=okdk11

yeah AT i heard alot abt the ghosting thingy... not sure how tat happens though...issit someting like during CS while running u turn n try to shoot n the image just disappears?

harlequin, ur options are very very mouthwatering but erm SONY and Apple 21, 24" inch LCD is probably gonna make me go into debt for a few months! hehehe.... may as well blow it on a 4-footer eh? :lol:

hmmm i might give philips a try since its cheaper den most other brands... besides now theres a tradein promo...very attractive.

Hard to explain... it's like when you turn mouse trails on... every pixel of it will have a ghost image following it... now multiply it with every pixel onscreen!!!