Any photographers here ah? Just curious

Ketchup

• SRC Member
I take mostly my princess. LOL. She's the justification for the camera in the first place. I wish I have more time to explore. I've been wanting to visit Angkor since many years ago but other things always takes priority... *sigh*

I like to take scenes. Below are some samples.

Hi Iskay

I understand... i also hardly have time for photography. We may go angkor wat again this year.. if you keen, let me know.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
I'm interested to learn more. Bought a 500D middle of last year to take pictures of my little prince.

But I guess I have more pictures of the corals instead.

Only have 3 lenses. Stock 18-55 and 2 prime: macro 90mm and 50mm.

Wilson, if you wanna take more pics of your kids, especially if they already start walking.. must get some zooms.. like 70-200 or 70-300, otherwise all pics will be blur and u have to chase them around :P

• SRC Member
I am more of a macro shooter :)

I sort of agree with your last sentence. I bought my D70s from CS for $700, sold it for $650 1.5 years later :P. I bought a SB800 for $480, sold it for $450. Both were bought and sold same time. I am considering selling my D300 set as well :)

Nice Macro shot..

Yeah, 2nd hand stuffs is good if you don't mind and the seller keep the equipment in good condition. These days, camera launched too fast, every 2 yrs or so, the spec will be very much outdated. However, if you don't mind, you can push it to about 3-4 yrs mark before you update. Of course, if you are the pro, then just upgrade every time new product is launched lor... :P

Goondoo, u are on CS ? my CS nick is Nemesis32 :)

Nice Macro shot..

Yeah, 2nd hand stuffs is good if you don't mind and the seller keep the equipment in good condition. These days, camera launched too fast, every 2 yrs or so, the spec will be very much outdated. However, if you don't mind, you can push it to about 3-4 yrs mark before you update. Of course, if you are the pro, then just upgrade every time new product is launched lor... :P

Goondoo, u are on CS ? my CS nick is Nemesis32 :)

yeah. I'm goondoo there too :)

Regards,

Macrobutt

• SRC Member

Amateur to beginner tt's me... And some samples... Portraits and events are my strength! :whistle

post-14611-1269067128_thumb.jpg

post-14611-1269067256_thumb.jpg

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

Wilson, if you wanna take more pics of your kids, especially if they already start walking.. must get some zooms.. like 70-200 or 70-300, otherwise all pics will be blur and u have to chase them around :P

thanks leslie,

my boy is just about to learn to walk (still crawling now), thus, the 50mm is really useful, and soon, like u suggested, i'll be getting the 70-200. :)

Which comes first... 4 footer first or 70-200 lens??

hey, just wondering... you dun happen to be the same leslie working together with Samuel right?

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

If you are just starting out, then sticking to a single lens might be better for you. With too many choices, you end up worrying about focal distance instead of composition and subject. For me, I'm using a single 35mm prime. My legs are my zoom :)

Why all the venom? Reefing is just a hobby, dude.

• SRC Member
If you are just starting out, then sticking to a single lens might be better for you. With too many choices, you end up worrying about focal distance instead of composition and subject. For me, I'm using a single 35mm prime. My legs are my zoom :)

hmm, true to an extent. However, for me, i feel with the lens technology advancement, a super zoom like 18-200 is a godsend... It is so useful that you hardly need to change any lens. of course, choosing the right angle/composition and others are also impt.

• SRC Member

Used to got for Macro Insect shooting with my kakis from Clunsnap previously but stopped for some time already.

6683.jpg

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member

Used to got for Macro Insect shooting with my kakis from Clunsnap previously but stopped for some time already.

6683.jpg

nice shot. which camera you using? most importantly, which lens?

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

nice shot. which camera you using? most importantly, which lens?

If I remember correctly this was shot with my canon S3 IS with Raynox DCR 250 macro lens adaptor. Using manual mode and DIY reflector with flash on.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member

Rats... I knew I should have gotten the Raynox macro lens adapter. <_<

Very nice shot, pete! Caught the bugger peeing (or is it honey...?)

I have no idea what the liquid is at all... :upsidedown:

Raynox maxro lens adaptor is good if you use it with PnS cameras. BUT if you use it with the Canon 40D with Tamron 90 macro lens, the Dof is really too thin to take a good macro shot. I have used the Canon 55-250 lens with a +10 and +4 close up filter stacked to take macro shots of insects and the magnification is really solid... :upsidedown:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member

I have no idea what the liquid is at all... :upsidedown:

Raynox maxro lens adaptor is good if you use it with PnS cameras. BUT if you use it with the Canon 40D with Tamron 90 macro lens, the Dof is really too thin to take a good macro shot. I have used the Canon 55-250 lens with a +10 and +4 close up filter stacked to take macro shots of insects and the magnification is really solid... :upsidedown:

Just wondering, ever tried your raynox for tank macros? Is it even possible?

• SRC Member

Just wondering, ever tried your raynox for tank macros? Is it even possible?

I would think it would be quite difficult if not near impossible to use the raynox DCR250 for a tank macro. A couple of issues surface:

1) The focusing distance for the Raynox DCR250 is ard 5cm max and depending on the zoom you use, it could go down to 2 cm focusing distance

2) Due to the short focusing distance for the Raynox DCR250, you would almost certainly have to use an U/W casing to take the U/W macro shots

3)The DOF when using the Raynox DCR250 is very thin. This means that if you want the entire coral to be in focus, you would need to position your camera parallel to your coral which would be very difficult in any tank.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member

Happen to see this picture I took donkey years back with my first DSLR, Canon 300D blushing.gif

firework3b.jpg

IR Photography, anyone? (D70s)

DSC_1758.jpg

Peter,

You shoot with Stevewhy?

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

• SRC Member

Peter,

You shoot with Stevewhy?

Nope, I've not shot with Stevewhy before... :upsidedown:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member

Nope, I've not shot with Stevewhy before... :upsidedown:

I see... you should see his DIY macro adaptor using a german binoculars lens... lol.... He took very nice macro pictures with P&S cameras.

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

• SRC Member

I see... you should see his DIY macro adaptor using a german binoculars lens... lol.... He took very nice macro pictures with P&S cameras.

Yes, I know. He is one of the best maco shooters in Clubsnap. The other one is tchuanye... :upsidedown:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List: