LOTR - Return of the King

Achilles Tang

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Yeah, tok about eagles, I was wondering why throughout the whole saga, gandalf never used them... and esp so only during the last moment... they could have proved useful too during helm's deep...

Also, the witch king was a great disappointment... Gandalf described him until so damn powerful but then stabbed by a hobbit and killed by a female human...

Lastly, where are the rest of the elves and dwarves? I am not a middle earth fanatic so can anyone tell me why they never lent a hand? and why did all the elves have to evacuate middle earth at episode 1?

BTW, is there a reason why frodo, baggins, the elf lady (can't remember her name) and all to board the ship to leave middle earth at the last part with Elrond... my understanding is that all these people were tempted by the ring before... that's the only correlation I can think of... remember frodo clenching his chest and saying that after 5 years, he is still struggling?

I find the movie thoroughly draggy with the whole Hobbit gay-ish thingy ... get over it already ... :blink:

The scene with the Rohan calvary fighting the war elephants looks suspiciously like when the rebel fighters were fighting the AT-ATs from Star Wars.

The line used by Aragon in his conversation with Gandalf, 'What does your heart tells you?' also sounds strangely familiar ... anyone care to guess? :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

Dwarves are mostly dead when they released the Balrog in the mines of Moria. Overall, they are a dying race.

Elves have mostly left for Valinor so there are not many left to fight. 2000 Lothlorien elves were sent by Celebron and Galadriel to help defend Helms Deep. Mirkwood elves where Legolas is from are too small a population to be useful in battle too.

The ring bearers had to leave because of the ring's evil effect on them.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

Dwarves are mostly dead when they released the Balrog in the mines of Moria. Overall, they are a dying race.

Elves have mostly left for Valinor so there are not many left to fight. 2000 Lothlorien elves were sent by Celebron and Galadriel to help defend Helms Deep. Mirkwood elves where Legolas is from are too small a population to be useful in battle too.

The ring bearers had to leave because of the ring's evil effect on them.

Was that why they have to leave? I mean the Ring is gone.

I remember one of the elves saying that it is time for the dominion of Man to begin before they sailed off.

• SRC Member

I remember one of the elves saying that it is time for the dominion of Man to begin before they sailed off.

Hmmpph... Dominion of Man....

so if there's a chapter 4, we will start to see cars and buildings.... and that also explain the emergence of Agent Smith... Elrond's so cool the humans decided to preserve his image in the form of a programme... that's when matrix starts... :lol::D:lol:

Gandalf's decision to take Frodo away was an impromptu one because he senses that Frodo was at the verge of doing a deep french kissing with Sam...

• SRC Member

The scene where Frodo clenched his chest when writing his dairy, he's not struggling with the power of the ring... it was because he was still sad five years after Sam dumped him and married that lass...

If u see clearly in Frodo's diary, in fine print he wrote:

"Damn, why did the eagles have to come? I was so near in getting Sam to strip with all the surrounding heat and all..."

• SRC Member

The ring has a lingering effect. Frodo also had a wound courtesy of the Witchking of Angmar.

The elves has used 3 of the elf rings to protect the environment but with the destruction of the the One ring, the elf rings have lost their power. Elrond, Galadriel and Gandalf hold the 3 elven rings. Elrond and Galadriel can no longer stop the decay and maintain the secrecy of Rivendell and Lothlorien without the power of their rings. Elves were not ment to stay in middle earth anyway, so they head west to Valinor. That is the myth of Earth created by Tolkien why there are no dwarves and elves on the streets now. Occasionally, you still see orcs wondering around.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member
Occasionally, you still see orcs wondering around.

I can't agree more... I heard rumors that most of the orcs are disguised as reefers and apparently, the meanest and most horrid one of all even started a reef club in Singapore...

As for Frodo, poor chap got stabbed many times...

1) in the chest by the witch king of Angmar

2) in the chest again by the huge troll in the mines of Moria

3) in the back by the huge spider...

4) in the arse, plenty of times by Sam, Merry, Pippins and during the occassional visits by Gandalf...

5) in the arse by Gollum when Sam is not watching...

Geez, having been stabbed twice in episode 1&2 and never learn his lesson, still dun wear his milthril chain armor but rather choose to carry it... "O Bi Good" kena stabbed by spider again...

*Muuuust.... must..... resist....... taking.... club..... to... bash.... out..... seamonkee's brain..... muuuust resist.....*

If it's any consolation, I prefer playing the Orcs in warcraft rather than the elves or humans! :P

• SRC Member
*Muuuust.... must..... resist....... taking.... club..... to... bash.... out..... seamonkee's brain..... muuuust resist.....*

If it's any consolation, I prefer playing the Orcs in warcraft rather than the elves or humans! :P

Big Boss Orc unhappy... big boss orc wanna take club bash moniker brains... me orc with small brain... no tasty for big boss orc... :lol::lol:

I had fun with Warcraft III but was disappointed cause the orcs were not part of the campaign...

• SRC Member
I find your avatar strangely beautiful. Orc Boss like. :)

Orc boss starting to show "Frodo" tendencies... damn scary...

I must wear milthril chain as underwear for protection...

:D:lol::D

Anyway, that's a white-faced saki monkey...

• SRC Member
Yeah.... I think there is one now driving a sticker filled car that is oddly unbalanced. ;)

That will be a mountain troll you mean. Orcs are quite small things, even Uruk'hais are not that big.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

That will be a mountain troll you mean. Orcs are quite small things, even Uruk'hais are not that big.

Oops, you're right. A mountain troll it is.... smells just about right too...after it having a can of beer. ;)

• SRC Member

many thinks of the movie as gaylish, but you have to remember the story is more than about just great wars. its also about love and courage. more of love between fellow man/hobbits. not That kind of love. if peter jackson had left out all the hobbits gaylish scenes, it'd remained a war movie, and nothing more than that.

• SRC Member
Never seen such an interesting creature before... where does it come from?

The one in the avatar is a male... They are from the Amazon Rainforest...

Here's a female... female dun have white face...

Just like female humans... they show more black face... :lol::D:lol:

post-11-1072673484.jpg

• SRC Member
many thinks of the movie as gaylish, but you have to remember the story is more than about just great wars. its also about love and courage. more of love between fellow man/hobbits. not That kind of love. if peter jackson had left out all the hobbits gaylish scenes, it'd remained a war movie, and nothing more than that.

But he made the movie too gay and he knew it. That's why he had to add Sam's marriage in to try to right things. Now we know that Frodo is homosexual and Sam is bi. Tolkien got it right but the director didn't do a good enough job of expressing the brotherly love.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member

We know... Toiken wrote this book with the emphasis on love and friendship... it was Peter Jackson who sensationalised the epic with the fight and war scenes :)

If u read the original toiken book, the war stories were not much elaborative but rather the so-called "gayish" scenes...

I can't help rubbing in with all those gayish jokes...

:lol::D:lol:

for once, the male species look prettier than the female :)

You're wrong... in the animal kingdom, the males are usually much more beautiful than females... peacocks, lions, even marine fishes! :)

Hmmm... regarding homo sapiens... well... women look better only when young. ;)