Which lfs to get livestocks such as fish n coral

Hi,

Can someone advise the locations for GO and ML, and the full name of these LFSs?

Thanks.

ML = Marine Life

Marine Life

178 Hong Leong Garden Shopping Centre

West Coast Way

Singapore 127086

Tel : 6777 4047

Fax : 6873 1178

Mobile : 9843 6032

Operating Hours:

Mondays : 4pm - 8pm

Tues - Sat : 12pm - 8pm

Sundays : 1pm - 8pm

Closed on the following Public Holidays : New Year, CNY, Labour Day, National Day & Christmas

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Been reading up these days at SRC. Stopped my marine like 5 years back...and continue with freshwater. After reading and looking at the photos, somehow the temptation is drawing me back lol.. Does Sealife and Reborn at lavender still exists??

Been reading up these days at SRC. Stopped my marine like 5 years back...and continue with freshwater. After reading and looking at the photos, somehow the temptation is drawing me back lol.. Does Sealife and Reborn at lavender still exists??

Yes.. they still business as usual... :)

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

how is the prices like at sealife? is it reasonable? their equipments all look very high end looks like an expensive place

When i was a started about 3yrs back, first shop i went to was Sealife. I think pricing is fair but u need to know ur stuff. otherwise, u might end up with the wrong fish etc ie aggressive fish that might disturb what u have in ur tank. As for their pricing of their equipment, that might not be so cheap. I haven't been there for years. The equipment they used to carry was "different" from other shops. Maybe it is becos they are old school. I asked them for a price to set up a tank and i thot it was overcharging. they said becos i am paying for their expertise. i check and there was nothing extraordinary.

Marine Life - is good but like the guys said might be a touch pricer. The guy who run the place is upfront. u can ask him stuff and he will give u an honest opinion. Think the reason why ML is a bit pricier is becos they don't really bring in so much stuff. So u need to factor in the casualty rate of the lifestock. Also, they used to bring in more shipment. Now a bit slower as i think the industry slow down

AM - nice shop. However, think they are now more focus on wholesale of equipments. They used to have more exotic SPS etc. Now more LPS. Again, when i spoke to them, maybe the community of SPS owners shrink.

GO - go there with some experience reefers. When i started, a reefer was nice enough to bring me down. I still remember - he said park my car far away and dress casually. Then just go down and have a look. As a newbie, u might be overly excited and want to grab what u see. Just hold back. go down and learn. Also, on shipment day, just go down and stand and observe. A lot of experience guys will be there. u can always ask them why they pick certain pieces etc. Think reefers in general will be happy to share. I met a lot of guys there when i started. Of course, i am still clueles and still asking ppl about stuff.

RB - went there a few times recently. This place is known for exotic stuff. u can check their videos etc. of course, exotic stuff means exotic prices