Anyway to prevent messing up the place when changing chiller

• SRC Member

Guess I be getting a used chiller.... Is there any method whereby I could prevent the water frm coming out when replacing the existing chiller to another chiller? For previously when changing one end up I mopping the whole floor

1) disconnect all the pipes from the chiller and pump.. be careful of back flow if you leave the return pipe in your tank or sump.

2) try to pour away all the water from your chiller.. (i will blow into the pipe till all the water comes out.. lol)

3) change the chiller and reconnect!

• Like 1

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

I would suggest

1) get ready a big pail.

2) switch off pump and chiller

3) move both input and output hose to the pail at the same time. try to let the water flow out in the pail.

4) disconnect hose from chiller. standby a cloth at the surrounding to clean off excess water "leakage"

Also suggest you to get a hose tap connector for your new chiller.

they look like this. You will need a pair for the 2 hose.

http://www.marinedepot.com/Eheim_Double_Tap_Quick_Release_0.50_inch_0.65in_Tap_Connectors_Quick_Release_Filter_Accessories-Eheim-EH4004412-FIFRFATC-vi.html

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

bro jacky, what you mean by

3) move both input and output hose to the pail at the same time. try to let the water flow out in the pail

Are you referring to the one of the hose to the submersible pump and the other hose from the chiller outlet to the tank?

bro jacky, what you mean by

3) move both input and output hose to the pail at the same time. try to let the water flow out in the pail

Are you referring to the one of the hose to the submersible pump and the other hose from the chiller outlet to the tank?

yours is Qiang's JBJ tank right ?

so there is 2 tubes from tank to chiller.

one should be connected to the pump in the tank and the other is the return.

I am suggesting that you remove both of them together and place them in the pail.

then drain out the water and do whatever connections that you need to.

Then put the hose back into the tank and reconnect the pump.

This way, there will be less of a chance that you will mess up the place.

It is more tedious but safer for you .

• Like 2

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

yours is Qiang's JBJ tank right ?

so there is 2 tubes from tank to chiller.

one should be connected to the pump in the tank and the other is the return.

I am suggesting that you remove both of them together and place them in the pail.

then drain out the water and do whatever connections that you need to.

Then put the hose back into the tank and reconnect the pump.

This way, there will be less of a chance that you will mess up the place.

It is more tedious but safer for you .

+1 on both the points stated above and reputation!

Roger,

do you happen to stay around east area??

• SRC Member

4 months ago im staying in geylang area now married liao therefore stay in jurong area smile.gif

alamak.. if you stay in the east i can either drop by and show you how i do it or you can come over... lol... jurong very far..

• SRC Member

is ok la no problem... the most i do it at night when my wife sleep at least if (touchwood) the water flow out she wont notice and nag nag nag

thats why sometimes i do maintainance late at night..

if i start to mess up the place,

i'll secretly clean up...

everyone at home will nag at me if i cause a mess during the day,

but the plus point is they'll still help me clean up after their nagging :P

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

• SRC Member

if it's connected to soft hose, unhook both ends, place one end to a pail and blow air into the other end to force water out. Keep doing this until the chiller reservoir is empty to avoid spilling when moved.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

bro 1st disconnect the 2 hoses..next try to cover the end of both the hose wif ur thumb if 1 not enuff use 2!! next shift them to the pail..den blow air into 1 of the hose until no more water come out of the the other end in the pail.... if everytink do swee swee shd not hv water on the foor B)