1ft cube mania

gerrard_boon

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ouch .... looks very bright...

PS: is that the max already.

better to place the light higher 1st and slower lower a bit over time...

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

ya...veri bright.but i believe still lose out to mh's brightness..the lighting fixture is veri flinsy..it's not strong enough to lift the bulb higher up...by the way....the shimmer is really nice,find the whole tank has a cleaner feel without the pl lightings and its also....much more easier to view top down.i'm a happy customer....$$$ well spent.. .the corals(even the yumas!!no signs of stress yet) seems ok but i guess its too early to say......have to monitor for a longer period...

by the way, does yellow wrasse die easily??bought a seemingly healthy specimen from CF ytd...kept it in the container and found it died today!really dun noe whether its my water parameter or not sia..

you kept in which container? beta box?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

:blink: Where did you get that idea from...? I've only kept normal yumas.

Yumas generally prefer less light, so try to hide them under the shade from your LEDs. Like what Jacky mentioned, do try to lift it higher away from the tank for your corals to acclimatize to the strong lighting.

• Senior Reefer

yup...the beta box in my tank...

oh ya forgot to mention..the 60deg len lighting with my current placing of my bulb the angle is still abit tight...sides at the top area dun seem really bright...

dun keep sand wrasses in betta box. cannot tahan for long. stress very easily. release into main tank with sand bed straight away.

• SRC Member

My yellow wrasse has been with me 4 months plus; from very small to double its size now;

I assumed it is one of the hardiest fish compare to other kind like sunburst anthias.

(-_-) Happy will do ... (o_o)

thanks for the info guys..my sand bed is made up of Puka Shells, would that be too rough for the yellow wrasse? if it is..i will skip the idea of keeping one ...would consider the tiny bully sixline then...any other recommendation of any other wrasse/fish for nudi control?

• Senior Reefer

thanks for the info guys..my sand bed is made up of Puka Shells, would that be too rough for the yellow wrasse? if it is..i will skip the idea of keeping one ...would consider the tiny bully sixline then...any other recommendation of any other wrasse/fish for nudi control?

puka shell is too rough for a yellow wrasse. it will hurt itself as it buries to sleep at night.

the shells will cut and abrade it's skin

Lemon, thanks for the info....any other nubi-eating creature to recommend?

HW33,the fixture is abt 16(cheap cheap...can be found at ikea) but the max i can bring the bulb is above 24 cm above the tank itself.

i took the 14k one ,so its 3 white 2 blue...

the 20k one is 2 blue,3 white....

vincent from aquarium artist personally brought both the 14k n 20k to my place so that i can check the colour of the light spectrum. personally preferred the 14k ,20k is abit purplish for my liking..

i totally recommend this lighting to all nano users, esp 1ft ones.the price is reasonable and the shimmer makes it so much more pleasing to the eyes compared to PL or T5...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi gerrade

nice lighting there. Was wondering how's the new lighting after a while. Are ur corals well n growin? Right now am planning to upgrade to this light too, hand itchy liao. But need some advise from u. Is the holder for the light bulb the standard e21 screw head n also do u think it is strong emogh to support some sps (have u tried any so far) ? Also from the pic ur ikea stand is mounted on the table right?

Thanks and really sorry to ask so much.

Tank setup

4ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft (3 way viewing)

ATI Sunpower 6 x 39w

Arctica 1/5Hp

Skimz SM161 skimmer

Smart ATO system

Jebao DC 12k

Jebao dosing pump (Fauna Marine Lite balling - Thinking)

Jebao RW 15 wavemaker

Upgrading in Process.....

More infomation coming soon!

screw head i'm not veri sure..but i bought a fitting light bulb to test the fixture and its written e27 on the cover...it's best u check with the other par38 user or aquarium artist..i think the light is strong enough,but the angle is abit tight...the sides seems abit dark,but i did keep a monti for fun (1 mth already) and still surviving, no change in colour but the colour like abit brown,dunnoe whether is the original colour.i post a pic later. my water parameter is abit off at the moment so of the coral ain't doing well but for those zoas that are doing fine,the colour seems to be more intense than b4...dun noe is placebo effect or not..

if u got the budget , go for par38! the shimmer is simply amazing...u wun regret it!

Thanks bro,

Right now my zoa is stretching. Guess my lighting is not strong enough, time for upgrade. Looking at a few alternatives now. 60w maxspec (most expensive), par38 (like the intensity but worry about the spread of light) or mod my current T5 lightset (use 1 tube of 16w T5 actinic blue and use the other tube space for leds - most appealing as it is the cheapest alternatives i hope)

Tank setup

4ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft (3 way viewing)

ATI Sunpower 6 x 39w

Arctica 1/5Hp

Skimz SM161 skimmer

Smart ATO system

Jebao DC 12k

Jebao dosing pump (Fauna Marine Lite balling - Thinking)

Jebao RW 15 wavemaker

Upgrading in Process.....

More infomation coming soon!