Lemon's butterflyfish dominated reef

yikai

nothing helps.

female scott dont help, summore female scott's very rare.

even a harem of female scott's is useless

and cyclopeeze too.

Ya lor... Anyway not interested in it also.. LOL...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

i got back my Cirrhilabrus roseafascia today from Digiman. aka, the roseafascia or rose-banded wrasse.

Originally had 2, but one of them did not make it. Despite feeding, it just died one day.

The other one is in my tank now. However, it's very thin and i suspect it might have internal parasites. I will try to obtain some prazi to rid it of it's internal parasites. Hopefully i'm not too late.

Roseafascia is a relatively deep water wrasse, and most deep water wrasse often arrive riddled with such maladies. Wrasse keepers would know what i'm talking about. Often, they will just die despite feeding or end up with internal problems.

Lineatus, rhomboid, flame, laboutei, roseafascia and hooded are the ones that usually arrive with such problems. The larger ones are also terrible shippers. often stressed from shipping so much so that they die few days later.

Anyway here's a picture of it. feeds like a horse but does not gain weight according to digiman. will treat it with prazi.

post-15755-12781478112574_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12781478182398_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1278147826486_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

Just trying out the venustus angels. Harder than multibars. These two are very active and nips on everything including mysis. but won't eat it yet. suprised they completely ignore each other. either a pair, or just can't be bothered with each other.

this photo showing a trio of difficult angels.

post-15755-12781479652113_thumb.jpg

Just trying out the venustus angels. Harder than multibars. These two are very active and nips on everything including mysis. but won't eat it yet. suprised they completely ignore each other. either a pair, or just can't be bothered with each other.

They dun look like bad in photo... LOL...

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

And at long last. One of my mini dreams in reefing is completed. For the longest time i've been searching for this fish in australia shipments. Finally got a chance to obtain one via request from reborn to bring it in for me.

Introducing, the Chelmon marginalis. A very close relative of the copperband butterflyfish, but only found in Australia. I think this is the first ever specimens to reach Singapore. Pity they're so big... 2 inch ones are not available here.

To many, it's an ugly, misbarred copperband. To me, the difference is night and day. This species is so much classier, hardier and more beautiful.

it's feeding on all frozen food. a big suprise for a chelmon butterfly. Now if only their indonesian cousins fare this well.

post-15755-12781481534515_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

I see your marginalis behind... LOL..

lol yeah. it's very shy for now. swim very erratically. will give it time to settle down. that's why didnt wanna chase it to take a sharp photo.

They dun look like bad in photo... LOL...

zzz these 3. forever swimming together. dam suprised! the multibar is 100% more active now and does not hide anymore. and the two venustus like, ignore each other completely. one of the venustus like to go near the mutibar.

i got back my Cirrhilabrus roseafascia today from Digiman. aka, the roseafascia or rose-banded wrasse.

Originally had 2, but one of them did not make it. Despite feeding, it just died one day.

The other one is in my tank now. However, it's very thin and i suspect it might have internal parasites. I will try to obtain some prazi to rid it of it's internal parasites. Hopefully i'm not too late.

Roseafascia is a relatively deep water wrasse, and most deep water wrasse often arrive riddled with such maladies. Wrasse keepers would know what i'm talking about. Often, they will just die despite feeding or end up with internal problems.

Lineatus, rhomboid, flame, laboutei, roseafascia and hooded are the ones that usually arrive with such problems. The larger ones are also terrible shippers. often stressed from shipping so much so that they die few days later.

Anyway here's a picture of it. feeds like a horse but does not gain weight according to digiman. will treat it with prazi.

Hope this fish will survive, it's so beautiful and has the potential to become male v quickly.

So sad the two venustus will leave u v soon.

• Senior Reefer

tsk! choy!! dun say dun say LOL!!!

the rosefascia is controlling my melanomarginatus LOL. they all swarm around the roseafascia.

i really hope it doesnt die. need to find medidcine fast.

• Senior Reefer

tsk... the marginalis is really very beautiful. the silvery body is very amazing and the stripes are very orange. but i so suay choose the one with the slight brown band in the middle of the body. the typical "marginalis" look. the other 1 dun have.

lol. but it's feeding very aggressively so i think it's better than the other 1 bah.

but after looking at it awhile...it's really dam big... i hope after corals go in etc, it will at least balance out it's size. now it looks like a giant silver coin swimmin amongst all the small fish.

tsk... the marginalis is really very beautiful. the silvery body is very amazing and the stripes are very orange. but i so suay choose the one with the slight brown band in the middle of the body. the typical "marginalis" look. the other 1 dun have.

lol. but it's feeding very aggressively so i think it's better than the other 1 bah.

but after looking at it awhile...it's really dam big... i hope after corals go in etc, it will at least balance out it's size. now it looks like a giant silver coin swimmin amongst all the small fish.

It will turn out more slivery once stable... lol... This one is feeding very aggressively I would buy one healthy one den a nice one..

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

It will turn out more slivery once stable... lol... This one is feeding very aggressively I would buy one healthy one den a nice one..

you should see it wack henry's food and mysis. dam fierce.... never see chelmon eat like this before.

useless indonesian copperbands always eat like siao jie. so slowly. end up eat oso die. wah really CMI.

you should see it wack henry's food and mysis. dam fierce.... never see chelmon eat like this before.

useless indonesian copperbands always eat like siao jie. so slowly. end up eat oso die. wah really CMI.

Den get aussie copperband lor... Hahaha...

Edited by Terryz_

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

Den get aussie copperband lor... Hahaha...

maybe it will be the same as the marginalis. i suspect it's so healthy and feeding because aussy people handle their livestock better. those indonesian copperbands are all destined to die 1 lah. 1 shipment come in hundreds all sian sian. end up all dead. but could be species also. maybe it's just easier.

This one wait for me... I think the price will quite ex too...

rubbish lah. i dont think will be more ex than marginalis. it's so brown and ugly. and it's not even on reborn's aussy stock list. must ask him to order tru supplier liao. :)

maybe it will be the same as the marginalis. i suspect it's so healthy and feeding because aussy people handle their livestock better. those indonesian copperbands are all destined to die 1 lah. 1 shipment come in hundreds all sian sian. end up all dead. but could be species also. maybe it's just easier.

rubbish lah. i dont think will be more ex than marginalis. it's so brown and ugly. and it's not even on reborn's aussy stock list. must ask him to order tru supplier liao. :)

Really meh? Not on stock list might mean more rare???

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

Really meh? Not on stock list might mean more rare???

dunno. could oso mean no one want so supplier never bother to put. eitherways i will ask reborn to check

• Senior Reefer

fed the frozen polychaete worms from aquafauna supplies and omg. i've never seen my fishes eat like this before. look at my harem of wrasses. they swim in a pack and slowly ate the worm to shreds. not to mentioned my marginalis went crazy and literally finished two worms by itself. and even the shy blenny wanted it's fair share.

in total, the fish dragged the worm which was tied to a rock, from one end to the other end of the tank. 3.5ft distance. need i say more?

this is an excellent product to get fish feeding especially angels and butterflies, as they love eating worms in the wild. polychaete worms to be exact. just look at my marginalis wacking it and you will understand. even my multibar took a bite or two from it.

post-15755-12781741766829_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12781741822608_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1278174190279_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1278174228489_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12781742375997_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12781742444606_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

according to fuel, this wrasse looks like a devil fish. they look really evil and don't be fooled. they are fierce and the colouring resembles some kind of demon.

the photo didn't come up properly. it's actually purple and the belly is rose pink. not white. i'm actually planning to sell away all 6 because they grow up very big and turns a uniform green as an adult. but not so soon i guess...

post-15755-12781744404007_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12781744605714_thumb.jpg