Lemon's butterflyfish dominated reef

yikai

• Senior Reefer

I got back my two monster clowns from fuel. it was 2 of the 20 survivors from his unfortunate clownfish massacre. It's a champion.

no pictures though. it's swimming at the back of the tank. too far to take photograph.

but let's just say they're small and very nice....so much so that my marginalis butterflyfish tried to eat them........................................

fed the frozen polychaete worms from aquafauna supplies and omg. i've never seen my fishes eat like this before. look at my harem of wrasses. they swim in a pack and slowly ate the worm to shreds. not to mentioned my marginalis went crazy and literally finished two worms by itself. and even the shy blenny wanted it's fair share.

in total, the fish dragged the worm which was tied to a rock, from one end to the other end of the tank. 3.5ft distance. need i say more?

this is an excellent product to get fish feeding especially angels and butterflies, as they love eating worms in the wild. polychaete worms to be exact. just look at my marginalis wacking it and you will understand. even my multibar took a bite or two from it.

Seems like you are enjoying your marginalis... LOL..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Seems like you are enjoying your marginalis... LOL..

YAH! i love it so much! i can just watch it swim around my tank for hours.

i keep telling my mother and my bro about it but no one interested.

It is like that one lar... LOl... At least my parent still will talk and look after my fishes...

Member of:

LOL!!! ROFL!!!

LOLOLOL!!!! I remembered what happened this afternoon at RB! hahaha

But nonetheless bro, GOOD LUCK! I seriously hope you can keep them and make them fat and thrive! They aren't easy from what I know. So well all the best! :D

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

You tell them there will be 4 digits on the fish's body when it grows up. You see they interested or not :P

but well bro, from what i understand about parents is as long as they see you happy keeping whatever fish, even the ugliest one in the world, that makes up for everything alr (:

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• Senior Reefer

You tell them there will be 4 digits on the fish's body when it grows up. You see they interested or not :P

but well bro, from what i understand about parents is as long as they see you happy keeping whatever fish, even the ugliest one in the world, that makes up for everything alr (:

the second sentence is very very true. i agree completely.

sigh today's sunday already.

update on the roseafascia.

fed praziquantal soaked mysis shrimp and henry's food yesterday and today. it ate everything up. not sure how effective is soaking frozen food in medicated solution. exactly how much of the medicine is absorbed i'm not sure.

maybe i will get live brine and let them swim in prazi before feeding my fish.

• Senior Reefer

but wouldn't the brine dies?

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

don't think so.

brine shrimp are really hardy... they won't die from the medication. i suppose a few drops of prazi in the brine shrimp water and the brine will ingest the prazi and act as a transportation method.

• Senior Reefer

the roseafascia looks very fat today after repeated feedings of praziquantal soaked food. fed it 4 times today and 3 times yesterday. i hope it works after repeated feedings 3 times a day, everyday for 5 days.

the roseafascia looks very fat today after repeated feedings of praziquantal soaked food. fed it 4 times today and 3 times yesterday. i hope it works after repeated feedings 3 times a day, everyday for 5 days.

Yes feed it many times daily w food soaked in praziquantel. As i've said the fish has already feed aggressively, so it has no problem receiving the medication and den jux pray it'll cure it's internal parasite problem. All the best.

• Senior Reefer

Yes feed it many times daily w food soaked in praziquantel. As i've said the fish has already feed aggressively, so it has no problem receiving the medication and den jux pray it'll cure it's internal parasite problem. All the best.

i dunno how long to soak so i usually leave it for half hour. i abit kiasu so i just overfeed it with prazi. my other fish also eat so i guess is good lah.

i dunno how long to soak so i usually leave it for half hour. i abit kiasu so i just overfeed it with prazi. my other fish also eat so i guess is good lah.

I think u can put in fridge and soak overnight will be better.

Anyway bought 8 sunset anthias from CF today, hope they'll do well. Next time hopefully can have some flavoguttatus. If u see any pls notify me. Go look at Chingchai's build thread, he brought in some insanely rare fishes from Japan Blueharbour. Damn this guy is so rich!

• Senior Reefer

Anyway bought 8 sunset anthias from CF today, hope they'll do well. Next time hopefully can have some flavoguttatus. If u see any pls notify me. Go look at Chingchai's build thread, he brought in some insanely rare fishes from Japan Blueharbour. Damn this guy is so rich!

lol ok! will go see now

• Senior Reefer

My last fish for the time being. Will not buy anything until my next fish is in season. which will take awhile.

this majestic angel is a full adult coloured. but don't be fooled. it's only slightly above 2 inches. One of the smallest majestic angels you can find in the market with this kind of colouration.

it's feeding on everything from frozen to pellets. Best of all, this is one of the safest angels to house in a reef. safe with SPS.

post-15755-12782505782438_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

WHAT THE.. A TRIO OF C. EARLEI!?!? AND THAT ANTHIAS!

WALAO.

WHAT THE.. A TRIO OF C. EARLEI!?!? AND THAT ANTHIAS!

WALAO.

The flavo anthias are not the highlights. The Earlei Trio and the Pelicieri Pair are!!! He prob spend up to 7K on this five fishes! I'm so envious, next time go Thailand mux visit his tank!

• Senior Reefer

The flavo anthias are not the highlights. The Earlei Trio and the Pelicieri Pair are!!! He prob spend up to 7K on this five fishes! I'm so envious, next time go Thailand mux visit his tank!

yah not the flavo of coz. the pelicieri anthias.

grr. i wish i had the earlei

yah not the flavo of coz. the pelicieri anthias.

grr. i wish i had the earlei

The Pelicieri are hawkfish family not anthias. Anyway if he can get the stuff from blueharbour prob we can do the same. But it's daunting when i think of the price!

Anyway your venustus eating liao? Mine still hiding showing no interest to the food. Went to ML today w LCF and was v sad to learn tat Henry lost his gem tangs due to power outbreak.

• Senior Reefer

The Pelicieri are hawkfish family not anthias. Anyway if he can get the stuff from blueharbour prob we can do the same. But it's daunting when i think of the price!

Anyway your venustus eating liao? Mine still hiding showing no interest to the food. Went to ML today w LCF and was v sad to learn tat Henry lost his gem tangs due to power outbreak.

venustus...

should not have bought 2. they don't seem to get along very well now after settling down. although there is no fighting, the dominant one is exerting alot of dominance over the other. the submissive one looks pale and washed out because of that and confirm won't make it 1.

the dominant one is still very healthy and super active. pecks on mysis but just won't eat it. it's eating my tunicates on my liverock though....

aiyah these are very difficult fishes lah like you've said. lol. They live in a 183 gallon tank with no aggression from other fishes, and with so much liverock that has such luscious growth. if they die in here then they'll probably die anywhere else.

venustus...

should not have bought 2. they don't seem to get along very well now after settling down. although there is no fighting, the dominant one is exerting alot of dominance over the other. the submissive one looks pale and washed out because of that and confirm won't make it 1.

the dominant one is still very healthy and super active. pecks on mysis but just won't eat it. it's eating my tunicates on my liverock though....

aiyah these are very difficult fishes lah like you've said. lol. They live in a 183 gallon tank with no aggression from other fishes, and with so much liverock that has such luscious growth. if they die in here then they'll probably die anywhere else.

Told you that will happen.. Not fighting in LFS doesnt means pair...

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

:off:

my brown doggy died today :( i'm so sad. i woke up to find my mum crying and then i saw his dead body in my balcony. don't know how he died..

brought him back home many years ago when he was a stray puppy. i guess it was his time... strange. he was so healthy a few days ago. then stopped feeding and died.

bb cookie. R.I.P

post-15755-12782901586337_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12782901637623_thumb.jpg