Lemon's butterflyfish dominated reef

yikai

• SRC Member

I love the yellow coral!! Unfortunately we couldn't cheong down for the tonga shipment so we only went there the day after.. only got 2 simple tonga torch and mushies.. nothing great but ok. :) Have yet to make a trip down to your place to check out your tank in person. :)

Merry xmas lemon 2 :P

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• Senior Reefer

I love the yellow coral!! Unfortunately we couldn't cheong down for the tonga shipment so we only went there the day after.. only got 2 simple tonga torch and mushies.. nothing great but ok. :) Have yet to make a trip down to your place to check out your tank in person. :)

Merry xmas lemon 2 :P

if u wanna come we can arrange for a visit :)

merry xmas and happy new year!

• Senior Reefer

before and after pictures please! anyway welcome back bro! :D

no before pics paiseh. i'll update pics soon.

thanks! good to be back.

anyway HK LFS is such a big difference to singapore ones.

the fishes are all crammed into tiny compartments but all no disease. a 1ft x 1ft tank can have as many as 15 longnose butterflies! the turn over rate is very fast and it's ok.

the honkies are big on angels and butterflies. unlike our shipments, theirs is totally oppsite!

their shipment all come huge quantities of angels and butterflies whereas singaporeans are more big on wrasses, damsels and other smaller fish.

on my last day back they had a new shipment full of U.S zoas and many v v v v nice ones. but my cam ran out of batt so can't take. they had the full red eagle eye, the fruit loops and all the other fancy names.

and a big shipment of xenias also.

• SRC Member

fruitful trip!!! you make me wanna go hongkong due to your post !!!!

thx for sharing hehe

thanks! good to be back.

the fishes are all crammed into tiny compartments but all no disease. a 1ft x 1ft tank can have as many as 15 longnose butterflies! the turn over rate is very fast and it's ok.

the honkies are big on angels and butterflies. unlike our shipments, theirs is totally oppsite!

their shipment all come huge quantities of angels and butterflies whereas singaporeans are more big on wrasses, damsels and other smaller fish.

on my last day back they had a new shipment full of U.S zoas and many v v v v nice ones. but my cam ran out of batt so can't take. they had the full red eagle eye, the fruit loops and all the other fancy names.

thanks! good to be back.

then did you pack any back?! LOL

you can check in 5 soft corals home! hahaha (:

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• Senior Reefer

fruitful trip!!! you make me wanna go hongkong due to your post !!!!

thx for sharing hehe

the fishes made it back alive.

2 butterflies

1 anthias.

the anthias jumped out from my net and dropped on the floor before i placed it in my sump. so i hope it did not sustain any major injuries..... pray to god becoz this anthias is like, very unobtainable.

here are internet pics. i'll update when they settle down.

post-15755-0-79820100-1293904528_thumb.j

post-15755-0-18268500-1293904639_thumb.j

the fishes made it back alive.

2 butterflies

1 anthias.

the anthias jumped out from my net and dropped on the floor before i placed it in my sump. so i hope it did not sustain any major injuries..... pray to god becoz this anthias is like, very unobtainable.

here are internet pics. i'll update when they settle down.

WAH! what anthias is this!?

and names please! lol :D

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• Senior Reefer

then did you pack any back?! LOL

you can check in 5 soft corals home! hahaha (:

i purposely did not bring back.

xenias do very badly during shipping and most of the time will melt. waste my money and 3L water quota.

the zoas all growing on big pieces of liverock. liverock under CITES cannot bring back. moreover so big i dun wan. but the zoas are fantastic! oh god.

the biggest regret was not buying the swissguard pair at only $60 SGD each. which is v good price.

and the Heniochus intermidus (Red sea banner fish) which was only $35. v rare fish and v nice.

but too bad cannot go back liao. my first time bringing fish back so i dun wan to be too adventurous also. next time i will buy more.

• Senior Reefer

WAH! what anthias is this!?

and names please! lol :D

Pseudanthias elongatus.

sorry i don't know the common name. but i guess u can call it elongated anthias?

not much info online. v rare, seldom appear in the trade.

but dont worry they will never look half as good as the ones in the pic. those in the pic are from the wild and all alpha males.

i dropped it on the floor!! ugh if it suffers from some brain damage and dies i'll cry!

Pseudanthias elongatus.

sorry i don't know the common name. but i guess u can call it elongated anthias?

not much info online. v rare, seldom appear in the trade.

but dont worry they will never look half as good as the ones in the pic. those in the pic are from the wild and all alpha males.

i dropped it on the floor!! ugh if it suffers from some brain damage and dies i'll cry!

didnt CF come in some that time? :X

hahahaha won't get brain damage one lah! don't be silly! :P

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• Senior Reefer

didnt CF come in some that time? :X

hahahaha won't get brain damage one lah! don't be silly! :P

not that i know of.

maybe it did come in but i did not notice.

coz when they are in holding tanks, they adopt a dull faded colour that look v similar to many anthias. like kashiwa, rubrozonatus, truncatus etc. so v hard to distinguish unless look v carefully.

but ur right. it could have come in before and it may.

i purposely did not bring back.

xenias do very badly during shipping and most of the time will melt. waste my money and 3L water quota.

the zoas all growing on big pieces of liverock. liverock under CITES cannot bring back. moreover so big i dun wan. but the zoas are fantastic! oh god.

the biggest regret was not buying the swissguard pair at only $60 SGD each. which is v good price.

and the Heniochus intermidus (Red sea banner fish) which was only $35. v rare fish and v nice.

but too bad cannot go back liao. my first time bringing fish back so i dun wan to be too adventurous also. next time i will buy more.

ohhh on liverocks ah? hmmm yeah cannot. only with small pieces of rock is okay.

wahhh you mean 1 pair for $60?! OMG! that's damn cheap! hahahaha and yeah hongkong is really siao for fish. I tell my hk friends to keep a lookout for your marginalis. If got I tell them to get for you (: and you should have been adventurous. From what I hear from my HK friend, sometimes not easy to get the fish you want. You need to be damn heng. hahah (;

Anyway next time you go HK, let me know beforehand. I help you arrange meetings with my HK reefing dudes. hehe (:

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

not that i know of.

maybe it did come in but i did not notice.

coz when they are in holding tanks, they adopt a dull faded colour that look v similar to many anthias. like kashiwa, rubrozonatus, truncatus etc. so v hard to distinguish unless look v carefully.

but ur right. it could have come in before and it may.

hmmm nminds lah. GOOD BUYS nonetheless and PICTURES tmr k! no pics i shall hunt you down at Irwana and feed you to the dalmatian! lol!

KIDDING :P

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• Senior Reefer

ohhh on liverocks ah? hmmm yeah cannot. only with small pieces of rock is okay.

wahhh you mean 1 pair for $60?! OMG! that's damn cheap! hahahaha and yeah hongkong is really siao for fish. I tell my hk friends to keep a lookout for your marginalis. If got I tell them to get for you (: and you should have been adventurous. From what I hear from my HK friend, sometimes not easy to get the fish you want. You need to be damn heng. hahah (;

Anyway next time you go HK, let me know beforehand. I help you arrange meetings with my HK reefing dudes. hehe (:

no la. 1 for $60.

where got 1 pair 60! it wont be there if it's 1 pair 60.

ok help me look out for my marginalis.

i do have some friends in HK also but i never met them before. let me know next time before i go again.

in future i'll just go 1-2 days only. go and come back. take budget airlines.

• Senior Reefer

hmmm nminds lah. GOOD BUYS nonetheless and PICTURES tmr k! no pics i shall hunt you down at Irwana and feed you to the dalmatian! lol!

KIDDING :P

pics later. hard to take.

all the 3 fishes have settled in nicely.

the anthias is feeding already, but the 2 butterflies have yet to start eating. no worries, this is an easy butterfly. just needs a little more time to settle in.

i'm selling one of the butterfly to terryz because he requested for me to bring in. if he doesn't want it i'll sell it off. no use keeping 2.

pics later. hard to take.

all the 3 fishes have settled in nicely.

the anthias is feeding already, but the 2 butterflies have yet to start eating. no worries, this is an easy butterfly. just needs a little more time to settle in.

i'm selling one of the butterfly to terryz because he requested for me to bring in. if he doesn't want it i'll sell it off. no use keeping 2.

what butterfly is it? is it reef safe? (:

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• Senior Reefer

what butterfly is it? is it reef safe? (:

nor the white face butterfly i posted above lor.

reef safe? i dunno. i don't care lol!

i treat most butterflies like dwarf angels. some people keep big angels in reefs with more success. so i just follow suit.

anyway the butterfly is seldom kept worldwide because it's aggressive and rare. so not much info online about captive care. excep that it is aggressive and quite hardy.