Lemon's butterflyfish dominated reef

yikai

• Senior Reefer

NICE... So decided to stick with MH instead?

yah. i really no $$ to go LED... dont even have enough to go first hand MH... so i use 2nd hand. the metal abit tarnished but nvm lah. it's on the outside. inside not as shiny as brand new 1 of course :)

but i'm considering supplementing the MH with blue LED. :)

yah. i really no $$ to go LED... dont even have enough to go first hand MH... so i use 2nd hand. the metal abit tarnished but nvm lah. it's on the outside. inside not as shiny as brand new 1 of course :)

but i'm considering supplementing the MH with blue LED. :)

Get the ReefBrite led lor... One set is enough for the whole tank..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

nice tank and handy work from Vincent, :score: can't wait to see the complete scaping/stocking from this massive real estate space! :peace:

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

• Senior Reefer

I really like the sump design Lemon :welldone:

Section 3 will be such an ideal place for dsb refugium, are you planning to do that ?

thanks cedric! :)

section 3 will be a refugium for more finicky fishes before they go into the display. After quarantine, they will go to the display. However for fishes that need more time learning to feed, they go into section 3 to fatten up first.

it will have sand and rocks with chaeto, but no DSB. it's not a big area so i don't think having DSB there will make much of a difference.

Section 3 as a boot camp for your new fish training ground...hmm...next time you can start operating a training boot camp for reefers new fishes for a fee...lol. For sure i will get an AT and be your first customer :thumbsup:

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

thanks cedric! smile.gif

section 3 will be a refugium for more finicky fishes before they go into the display. After quarantine, they will go to the display. However for fishes that need more time learning to feed, they go into section 3 to fatten up first.

it will have sand and rocks with chaeto, but no DSB. it's not a big area so i don't think having DSB there will make much of a difference.

Why dont consider runing a Zeovit reactor ? It will help keep your No3 and P04 in control without all the Rowa ect..dry.gif

• Senior Reefer

tank is officially completed!

piping done

overflow teeth installed

sump tank fish training compartment teeth installed

cycling will start end of next week when water and liverocks are all in. will use this coming week to hunt for rocks, sand, test kits, wavemakers etc etc....

lighting is being done soon.

2 x 250W MH, 10k BLV bulbs.

to add blueness to the tank, will supplement with 4X 39W T5, blue. 2 at the front and 2 at the back.

Sad to say, the 2nd hand compressor is too old and worn out to use. so have to hunt for a new one. but it's ok. no need chiller and lights for cycling anyway :)

• Senior Reefer

Section 3 as a boot camp for your new fish training ground...hmm...next time you can start operating a training boot camp for reefers new fishes for a fee...lol. For sure i will get an AT and be your first customer :thumbsup:

np! haha.

• Senior Reefer

we want some pictures of your sump! i think your sump will be an ideal place to grow and experiment with funny things.

ok.

here's the picture of the completed sump with skimmer and the two return pumps.

on the left, you can see the section in which the experimenting of funny things will be done. the overflow teeth has been done for that section to prevent adventurous livestock from swimming out.

post-15755-1276428784917_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12764287917632_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12764287962372_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

ewww.... look so horrible

Yes, I'm only sour.... cry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)