Purple Mushrooms

Ingwe

I'm tempted to move on from a fowler tank now my tank is stable. Some bros here might know that feeling :angel:

Don't have practical experience yet so taking my time to do research, want to start off with hardy and lower end corals. Maybe I'll start a tank thread.

thanks very much for the advice!

• 1 year later...
  • SRC Member

got questions about the mushroom so dig out this old thread

seems like the understanding of the requirement is low/medium light and low flow

but mine did not open up big big leh

is long hours of lighting required, say > 6hrs, before they starts to open bigger?

2 detached from the rock... dunoe is it not happy snail sliding besides them on the sand bed

• SRC Member

got questions about the mushroom so dig out this old thread

seems like the understanding of the requirement is low/medium light and low flow

but mine did not open up big big leh

is long hours of lighting required, say > 6hrs, before they starts to open bigger?

2 detached from the rock... dunoe is it not happy snail sliding besides them on the sand bed

Not open means they are not happy with your water parameters or too much light. Floating away means they don't like the position you put them in. Both are not good sign. better check your water parameters.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Hi, how do you reattach ?

if you can catch the floating polyp, just place it in a container with some rubble in an area with very low flow and it should attach itself to the rock quite easily and naturally. some people use rubber bands to hold polyps onto the rocks they want them to stick on. basically as long as the polyp can rest for a long enough time on a rock without being blown off by the flow, it would most usually attach itself

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

at last open big big daily :lol:

floating away is more like dont like the flow ba ...more or less settle down

light and water parameter are ok

anyway easy to reattach

Hi Tang, how did you manage to get them to open after all this while? Just started a nano tank after a 15-year absence from the reef hobby. Bought some purple mushroom and they are not opening. Red (rusty) ones are opening more. Do you think it's because they take a long, long time to settle down in new environment?