fairy wrasse

hi guys, been checking out the www for pics of fairy wrasses and current favourite is the carpenter's flasher wrasse.

has anyone seen it on sale in sg's LFS ?

also because i suspect its body shape is similar to the royal gramar, (another of my fav) I'm worried that they may fight ? any experiences?

thanks

post-8-1041515088.jpg

I love fairy wrasses!

I have the same two flasher fairy wrasses (Paracheilinus filamentosus), I believe they are almost super-males as their colouration is brilliant.

They seem to get along fine with each other. No pix yet.

They won't fight with royal grammas... I have one and usually RGs are hiders.

They do bicker with my two other fairy wrasse species...

Flameback Fairy Wrasse, Cirrhilabrus lubbocki

mysterywrasse2.jpg

mysterywrasse.jpg

I also have one Tricolor Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus solorensis)

I dun have a pix of it yet.

• SRC Member

Ebitank,

Reborn's with stocks of the Carpenter Wrasse aka as Filament/Flasher Wrasse... (jus been there)

But be careful in selecting......mortality rates seem high ......

AT's tricolour is a beauty.... been hunting for one too but to no avail...... :(

Actually, the colouration of my tricolour's not very good... take a look at this pix:

The marine centre

Check out the fairy wrasse page and their rare fishes section.... better still... check out the prices!!!

We are very lucky compared to the US (some aspects).

• SRC Member

At least you have one.... I have been looking for quite a while :(

Frankly, those deep water species looks good.... definitely gonna cost a bomb.....

Well, maybe jus have to settle for filament Wrasse till these beauties surface at LFS......

Ok just took some quick pix of my flasher wrasse... apologies for the grainy pix, this little bugger was extremely quick and never stood still for a sec.

Also coz my tank is kinda deep and I couldn't do quick macros... I had to enlarge the pix so it became even grainier... <_<

flasherwrasse.jpg

flasherwrasse2.jpg

flasherwrasse3.jpg

flasherwrasse4.jpg

flasherwrasse5.jpg

flasherwrasse6.jpg

• SRC Member

AT,

You have a picture of your wrasses with a cleaner shrimp! Won't the wrasses eat up shrimps. I once got a green wrasses and it consume four of my Cleaner shrimps. In the end, took a long while to get it out. Till now, dare not touch wrasse, not even the fairies among them. Also, I have many anthias, will they fight with the fairies?

I think (marine) therefore I am

Fairy wrasses are the only wrasses that remain small... and reef-safe.

They do not eat cleaner shrimps, preferring small meaty foods. They have very small mouths.

I love the other species of wrasses but hate their behaviour ie. eat shrimps, peck corals and clams, chase other fishes...

It took me a newbie year to learn about fairy wrasses... and ever since.. I have fallen in love with them... beautiful, small, inquisitive, sometimes shy...!

They get along fine with other fishes, including anthias.

ooh, AT, what a gorgeous specimen you have there. i've been reading up on them for the last few nights (until wife complain) and I'm definitely prepared to adopt one soon. but i'm not lucky enough to be able to keep more than 1... :(

also noticed that your flasher wrasse is smaller than your anthia ;)

phang, thanks for the info, I've dedicated 6 hrs to visit 4 shops tomorrow, will definitely include reborn.