Centropyge colini log.

Not surprising. Too much transfer and fluctuations in salinity has prob stressed the fish or the fish is prob caught by cyanide so doomed to die. I'll not qt these fishes at all if i've to choose. Hope the best for the other two survivals. U should stop fluctuating the water parameters and let things stabilise and it should increase their chance of survival.

:agreed:

The transferring and the fluctuation may have a part in why the two angels are dead this morning..

But you will still need to introduce slowly into your tank.. Sure will be in the betta tank for a period of 1-2 week one mah.. Unless you wan them to fend for themselves in the tank..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Senior Reefer

:agreed:

The transferring and the fluctuation may have a part in why the two angels are dead this morning..

But you will still need to introduce slowly into your tank.. Sure will be in the betta tank for a period of 1-2 week one mah.. Unless you wan them to fend for themselves in the tank..

i have 2 holding tubs at home. 1 with sg 1.010 (glass tank), and the other with sg 1.025 (smaller toyogo box).

the golden angel was acclimated 45 mins from lfs water to my 2nd tub with 1.025 sg water. the water from lfs was sg 1.023.

in that tub, there was only a big live rock and the colini angel. the golden was released into that tub straight away. did not hypo it. dunno how well it would take the hypo.

only 1 of the colini died (the unhealthier one with the fin rot at the beginning. it stopped feeding long ago but never got thinner. in fact, it looked very fat. could be some internal problem)

the other colini is still alive.

and so is the other golden angel.

confirm the first golden angel did not die of fluctuation of water parameters because it was never in any water with huge changes in salinity.

i have 2 holding tubs at home. 1 with sg 1.010 (glass tank), and the other with sg 1.025 (smaller toyogo box).

the golden angel was acclimated 45 mins from lfs water to my 2nd tub with 1.025 sg water. the water from lfs was sg 1.023.

in that tub, there was only a big live rock and the colini angel. the golden was released into that tub straight away. did not hypo it. dunno how well it would take the hypo.

only 1 of the colini died (the unhealthier one with the fin rot at the beginning. it stopped feeding long ago but never got thinner. in fact, it looked very fat. could be some internal problem)

the other colini is still alive.

and so is the other golden angel.

confirm the first golden angel did not die of fluctuation of water parameters because it was never in any water with huge changes in salinity.

My bad, but the Golden from Ah Beng only with you for 1 week? Another mystery death...

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

<_< <_< <_<

Stupid fish... LOL... Difficult I guess, to be frank, I have not tried them... So the next time i get them will be the first time...

haiz. this is my first time also.

when i look at a fish before buying. if it's active, healthy, clear eyes etc etc. i always have the feeling. aiyah easy lah! feeding it is no problem.

this is true for many fish but golden angel? HA! i think if you hand carry it back from the sea in a diamond container also will die on you.

haiz. this is my first time also.

when i look at a fish before buying. if it's active, healthy, clear eyes etc etc. i always have the feeling. aiyah easy lah! feeding it is no problem.

this is true for many fish but golden angel? HA! i think if you hand carry it back from the sea in a diamond container also will die on you.

LOL... Will see when i try this dreaded angel...

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

any update on your colini and golden?

trying to snap pix but its really shy

all of them recently died. and i never try anymore recently liao.

all the colinis died from cyanide.

all the goldens died from cyanide too.

• SRC Member

Hope this log also serves as a stern reminder that these two species are really hard to keep despite delicate and quality care, and reefers better think twice of buying them, even though you have super deep pockets. It's lives we are talking about.

Let's stop supporting their collections and leave them alone in the wild until better collection and transportation method are found. There are many other nice and hardy dwarf angels for you to choose from. That's part of responsible reefing too.

• Senior Reefer

Hope this log also serves as a stern reminder that these two species are really hard to keep despite delicate and quality care, and reefers better think twice of buying them, even though you have super deep pockets. It's lives we are talking about.

Let's stop supporting their collections and leave them alone in the wild until better collection and transportation method are found. There are many other nice and hardy dwarf angels for you to choose from. That's part of responsible reefing too.

very nice thing to say bro.

yes despite my best effort, they still died despite feeding. will stop trying them for now.

although colini and golden angels are possible to keep alive, majority of them perish within days to weeks to months.

for every one that survive, plenty more die.

Yes, i agree fully with what you guys said as well. I will stop trying out the golden angel again, although the price is so attractive from some of the LFS. But thinking back, i think there might also be a reason for selling at that price..

How i miss my old golden angel that die of ich too.. rip.gif

From web:

Why This Fish Can be Hard to Keep

The Golden Angelfish is a tropical, reef angelfish that inhabits seaward reef-slopes down to depths of more than 180 feet. They can be found throughout the western Pacific from the northern Great Barrier Reef to Samoa and Indonesia. It is, in part, this fish’s preferred depth, however, that makes it difficult to keep in the aquarium—especially in a reef tank with high intensity lighting that replicates a much shallower environment than the one to which the individual may be accustomed. Problem number one—this fish usually requires a lengthy and somewhat tedious lighting acclimatization that many photosynthetic corals cannot survive and many beginning aquarists fail to realize is necessary.

Read more at Suite101: Golden Angelfish: Some Dwarf Angels Are Best Left to the Experts http://aquariums.suite101.com/article.cfm/golden_angelfish#ixzz0rb6Jownb