Skimmer for 3ft tank

enseng

Hi, saw many different brand of skimmer in the market...wondering which one is good for 3 ft tank?

the prices can be ranged from $40+ to a few hundred..is there any big different among them?

Are the expensive one effectively bring down the Nitrate level?

• SRC Member

Hi, saw many different brand of skimmer in the market...wondering which one is good for 3 ft tank?

the prices can be ranged from $40+ to a few hundred..is there any big different among them?

skimmer do not bring nitrate down...

• 1 month later...

Hi bro. i don't have much experience using skimmers but read online that skimmers do not remove nitrate at all so it's the same with every brands but i remember a bro telling me in another forum that a good skimmer will remove pollutant fast n more efficient, thus removing them before they turn into nitrate. Don't know if i'm right, maybe u can search online. Hope it helps. Happy reefing!

• SRC Member

Hi bro. i don't have much experience using skimmers but read online that skimmers do not remove nitrate at all so it's the same with every brands but i remember a bro telling me in another forum that a good skimmer will remove pollutant fast n more efficient, thus removing them before they turn into nitrate. Don't know if i'm right, maybe u can search online. Hope it helps. Happy reefing!

Absolutely correct. Less time for the leftover food to pollute the water is you skim it out fast enough.

Absolutely correct. Less time for the leftover food to pollute the water is you skim it out fast enough.

hi bro limsc. thanks for reassuring. haha scare i give wrong information. :cheers:

Bro Enseng, if ur budget allows, buy a good one. at least reef octopus or bubble magus at least. For me because of budget im using a lower end one which is still good but the skim mate produced really can't compare to my friend's reef octopus or a deltec. Happy reefing!

hi bro limsc. thanks for reassuring. haha scare i give wrong information. :cheers:

Bro Enseng, if ur budget allows, buy a good one. at least reef octopus or bubble magus at least. For me because of budget im using a lower end one which is still good but the skim mate produced really can't compare to my friend's reef octopus or a deltec. Happy reefing!

Ok, noted. Thanks for sharing!

• SRC Member

This skimmer I have not read about. I do not know who is using it that's why can't comment. Been waiting for some one to review but at 1st look close to Deltec line but just my own opinion. Locally made skimmer available internationally but few are using and sharing view.

Yes I have a sump. Might be getting Reef Octopus NW 110 or NW150 Skimmer. Is it good enough for a 3ft tank?

I am actually getting in the algae scrubber which supposedly bring down the nitrate level effectively. Will monitor the result, then I will drop the idea of getting the skimmer coz already have a lower end skimmer in my sump..

Thanks all for sharing the information!

Hey bro BFG. What do u think of Skimz skimmer? Are they local brand? Comparable to Reef octopus and Bubble Magus? ThanksZ!

E-series pump seem to be a good idea. For Octopus, looks for bubble blaster or PKT pump.

• SRC Supporter

Hey bro BFG. What do u think of Skimz skimmer? Are they local brand? Comparable to Reef octopus and Bubble Magus? ThanksZ!

If you want a affordable Skimmer comparable to a German made, go for the local brand -Skimz.

• SRC Supporter

Hi Bro. Meaning Skimz is comparable to Deltec? I really like the design of SKimz E series.

Hard for me to say which is really better since i didnt compare the two skimmer side by side, but there is many good review on the Skimz in other international forum.

Hard for me to say which is really better since i didnt compare the two skimmer side by side, but there is many good review on the Skimz in other international forum.

I see. Okay bro. THanks alot! Think Skimz will be the choice when i save up as if lets say both is good but pricing wise Skimz is way cheaper. :) Thanks!

• SRC Member

That's the problem, where are the local who purchase this skimmer?