Phuket Aquarium

• SRC Supporter

Hi Guys,

Just to share some of the photos taken from my recent trip to Phuket Aquarium last week. Nothing much interesting in particular but for 100 batt ( S$ 4.00 ) what else can we ask for right ?blushing.gif

post-1182-12759290674541_thumb.jpg

post-1182-12759289822422_thumb.jpg

post-1182-12759290266985_thumb.jpg

post-1182-12759291224424_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

R those hanging specimen real? If they r,it's kinda cruelty act thou I like to appreciate la.

Nice giant fishes. Always dream of owning it but seems quite impossible in Singapore n btw that pics is paku or red belly?

Seems like red belly thou the front part dun have the sharp teeth pertruding out...

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

Those hanging specimen is all fake , but it does look real from the photo i guess. The giant fish in the photos are Giant grouper ( Epinephelus Lanceolatus ) , you maybe able to find those baby version in our resturant sometime.

• SRC Member

i was at Krabi few months ago,

not far of Phuket..

they brought us to this Marine Fish Farm...

post-16223-12762248832148_thumb.jpgpost-16223-12762249525844_thumb.jpgpost-16223-12762250074852_thumb.jpg

i expected it somehow to look like Coralfarm,

but when we reached,

the whole farm are just focused on breeding..

breeding tanks everywhere..

from breeding cardinal fishes, to the many different clownfishes, even groupers!

eye opening experience

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

Oh.. i didnt know there is such a place in Krabi. Should have went there to take a look as well. They are breeding for sales or conservation effort ?

• SRC Member

Oh.. i didnt know there is such a place in Krabi. Should have went there to take a look as well. They are breeding for sales or conservation effort ?

conservation effort..

supported by the Thai government! :shock:

they're breeding them,

and returning them back into the sea..

of cos i also believe that they'll also supply some to their own local LFS..

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

• SRC Member

Those hanging specimen is all fake , but it does look real from the photo i guess. The giant fish in the photos are Giant grouper ( Epinephelus Lanceolatus ) , you maybe able to find those baby version in our resturant sometime.

Glad to hear that the specimen r fake. Cannot imaging if they r real. So cruel just forthe sake of decorative item.

Btw when said giant grouper is how big ah?

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

Glad to hear that the specimen r fake. Cannot imaging if they r real. So cruel just forthe sake of decorative item.

Almost the size of my 6 ft tank :P

• SRC Member

Here a video on big grouper, also known as goliath grouper .

Can realli see the size and strenght of this fish ! ;)

• 1 year later...