Feeding harlequin shrimp with linckia starfish fowls water

dryDiver

Any idea how to cut the arm of linckia star to feed harlequin

without fowling the whole tank. Now I had to evacuate all the

fishes to another tank cus of the rotting linckia. Any experience

to share?

Choose a healthy linckia and acclimatize it. It will not die even if it is a single arm.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

Feed sand shifting star

Lol... Indeed a good 1. My hermit keep eating it till the limbs now very short Liao but... Still surviving n moving...

It's just like Johnny...lol

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

• SRC Member

Btw is there another solution to this?

As in other than star fish,is there other food we can offer to it?

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

• SRC Member

thanks everyone.

the main linckia (ie the part with the 4 arms left) is moving around n quite healthy. its the arm that has been cut off is rotting n spilling out its white 'meat'. maybe i should just put the whole linckia for the harlequins to eat. what do u think guys/gals?

another question is whether the blue linckia make the harlequin more blue? just curious

yes,lcf, i used sifting star too n they eat them well. these harlequins r from u

lol hehe

• Senior Reefer

thanks everyone.

the main linckia (ie the part with the 4 arms left) is moving around n quite healthy. its the arm that has been cut off is rotting n spilling out its white 'meat'. maybe i should just put the whole linckia for the harlequins to eat. what do u think guys/gals?

another question is whether the blue linckia make the harlequin more blue? just curious

yes,lcf, i used sifting star too n they eat them well. these harlequins r from u

lol hehe

feed blue linkia. dun feed sanfsifting.

yes just give them the whole live starfish. make sure you acclimate the starfish first so it doesn't die.

the shrimps will know how to eat the starfish properly and won't make a mess or kill it.

• SRC Member

feed blue linkia. dun feed sanfsifting.

yes just give them the whole live starfish. make sure you acclimate the starfish first so it doesn't die.

the shrimps will know how to eat the starfish properly and won't make a mess or kill it.

Q..any reason why dont feed sand sifter?

Q..any reason why dont feed sand sifter?

They don't have the same nutritional profile of the blue linckia, which is one of the natural prey for harlequin shrimp. Your shrimp will die on a diet of sandshifting sea stars.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/