David's 2ft Tank

Hondace

• SRC Member

1. do i see 2 clams? what kind of lighting are u running?

2. an overflow for a 2 ft is pretty nice and well done. however, do take note of lighting for the caulerpa cos they too need light

3. honestly a Poweder Brown Tang in a 2ft is really a little cramp ;)

otherwise, it's pretty nice. and because it's near the window, watch out for the algae!

1. do i see 2 clams? what kind of lighting are u running?

2. an overflow for a 2 ft is pretty nice and well done. however, do take note of lighting for the caulerpa cos they too need light

3. honestly a Poweder Brown Tang in a 2ft is really a little cramp ;)

otherwise, it's pretty nice. and because it's near the window, watch out for the algae!

1. yup, 2 clams. shifted them up from the sand bed as I'm running PL lights only!! I know I should get better lights like T5 or MH but no money now. That's my next mission. Right now, try to supplement by feeding them directly

2. Thanks. I have a small light which is on 24/7. If u see carefully, it is in a black casing behind the skimmer.

3. I must admit it is small tank for him. But it is so beautiful that I can't resist it. It is a Gold Rim Powder Brown.

4. So far, algae is in control ~ think it is the fern caulpera & the tronchus snails working hard to keep the tank clean.

Thanks.

a nudibranch? are you sure? =\

Yes in fact I got 2. Got a free white baby sea slug that came with my blue sponge!

my power head is located in the sump so they won't venture in & die there giving out toxins. Given them blue sponge to feed on but they like to wonder off to the glass.

post-34-1072032036.jpg

I got to check it out. thanks. but was told by the LFS it is reef safe!

Nope the lfs owner bluff you, thats a coris(species nto so sure as i cannot see properly, I recon its a clown coris)in its juv form. This specie of wrasse is definately not reef safe as they feed on hard shell inverts like your precious skunk cleaner or blood shrimp. BTW they can get big!!!

Nope the lfs owner bluff you, thats a coris(species nto so sure as i cannot see properly, I recon its a clown coris)in its juv form. This specie of wrasse is definately not reef safe as they feed on hard shell inverts like your precious skunk cleaner or blood shrimp. BTW they can get big!!!

check out the internet liao. u r correct bro. thinking of how to get it out now!