auto feeder

apple123

Am currently using Juwel Automatic Feeder for day feedings. The PROBLEM is that the pellets would get moist after 1 day, clump up and cannot be fed to the fish.

Can someone recommend a good alternative other than humans?

• SRC Member

I think it has nothing to do with the auto feeder, it's yr pellets. Did you add in after taking the pellets (moist) out from the fridge? If so, you need to dry the pellets first, or just add pellets from newly opened bottle.

I think the majority of auto feeders out in the market w/o air pump or moisture control will still clump up pellets. Doesn't matter whether the pellets are added dry.

• SRC Member

eheim auto feeder should cost about 70-90 bucks. think they came with an update model as shown above.

certain brand of pellets will "expand" upon contact with air so will clump together. i put those that will not "clump" together for the auto feeder and the rest hand feed when i'm home :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

I think the majority of auto feeders out in the market w/o air pump or moisture control will still clump up pellets. Doesn't matter whether the pellets are added dry.

I used a cheap "Rainbow" auto feeder to feed NLS pellets for 2-3 weeks and they don't get wet/clump up. I think it may have to do with the humidity around your tank. If your lights cause alot of evaporation, then it may be worth it to invest in an Eheim/Hydor feeder that comes with a fan for moisture control, as the area around your tank will tend to be more humid

• 2 weeks later...

I used a cheap "Rainbow" auto feeder to feed NLS pellets for 2-3 weeks and they don't get wet/clump up. I think it may have to do with the humidity around your tank. If your lights cause alot of evaporation, then it may be worth it to invest in an Eheim/Hydor feeder that comes with a fan for moisture control, as the area around your tank will tend to be more humid

I wonder if we can add a drying agent near there to reduce the moisutre due to humid conditions

Can try Eheim auto feeder, although it is rather expensive. If you are interested, a friend and myself are looking around for the same product, hopefully can get a better price if we pool tog.

Dun mind pooling if can get a better price.

event.png