DI Water

Terryz_

Sad to say, I haven been using DI water filter throughout my 7 years of reefing... LOL...

So quite noob about DI Filter...

Just want a simple DI Filter... But what are the essential stage that is really need?

The first stage will be sediment filter right?

The second stage carbon box filter? (Stiil need if i am running carbon in the tank?)

The third stage DI Resin?

That all??

Thanks in advance..

Edited by Terryz_

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

Yes thats all you need.

Can add one or 2 more stages of DI if you want.

But just DI alone is very expensive in water volume cost. You should look into RO.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

Yes thats all you need.

Can add one or 2 more stages of DI if you want.

But just DI alone is very expensive in water volume cost. You should look into RO.

All i need it to make RO is just add a membrane stage at the end?

Member of:

• SRC Member

Yes but the RO is before DI stage. you can talk to garyj when hes back from Aussie next week. I believe he is able to help you on that on modification for your current water filter system.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

Yes but the RO is before DI stage. you can talk to garyj when hes back from Aussie next week. I believe he is able to help you on that on modification for your current water filter system.

Okay, Becos I am getting some dosing pump from BRS.. So might as well get the DI/RO filter from them also if the price is not very high......

Edited by Terryz_

Member of:

• SRC Member

you can consider the dosing pump from Bubble Magus. Cheap and the shipping won't kill you as bad.

http://reef-free.com/category.php?id=37

If you want, I might be interested in getting one of them too.

you can consider the dosing pump from Bubble Magus. Cheap and the shipping won't kill you as bad.

http://reef-free.com/category.php?id=37

It is around $450 if I am importing from Fish-street.. Including Shipping... But I am still comparing the prices... LOL..

Member of:

• SRC Member

tts expensive, i might be able to obtain it at a cheaper price directly.

http://reef-free.com...egory.php?id=37

ERhhh?????

The sponsor DE lighting is the authorized distributor for BM.

The next bulk order is on the BM Dosing Pump ......

You can drop Razali a note to enquire.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• Senior Reefer

there are a total of 3 distributors of bubble magnus in singapore.

so you may consider any of the three. LaW, however if you're doing bulk order and it's a cheaper alternative, why not? :groupwavereversed:

so you may consider any of the three. LaW, however if you're doing bulk order and it's a cheaper alternative, why not? :groupwavereversed:

oops... I stand corrected.... DE is not the sole distributor then....

But BO guidelines as stated in SRC

Priority order suitable for Bulk order:

1. The items are not available in Singapore at the time of the bulk order.

2. The items are currently available in Singapore and the bulk order should be first made to a sponsor first, before proceeding to ask from any non-advertiser and then finally... an overseas option.

3. The items is not carried by any of the local LFS or sponsor here in Singapore.

So bulk order should be made thru a sponsor 1st and not just any sources that are cheaper.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• Senior Reefer

oops... I stand corrected.... DE is not the sole distributor then....

But BO guidelines as stated in SRC

Priority order suitable for Bulk order:

1. The items are not available in Singapore at the time of the bulk order.

2. The items are currently available in Singapore and the bulk order should be first made to a sponsor first, before proceeding to ask from any non-advertiser and then finally... an overseas option.

3. The items is not carried by any of the local LFS or sponsor here in Singapore.

So bulk order should be made thru a sponsor 1st and not just any sources that are cheaper.

oh yes of course of course. get it through either razali, jireh or LCK first.

proceed to BO only after the above three criteria are met. good on you for referring to the rules. momentarily forgot :P

• SRC Member

i just about to say that too. there are 3. and to be honest i didn't know DE carries them till now. it is not even stated.

but still, lets see how DE's price and see from there.

i might just go for GHL's since i already got its controller if the price of magus is high.