ID unusual blenny

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Senior Reefer

HAHAHAHAHA. somewhere in a stately manor along an english country side, Dr. pyle and helmut debelius and all other fishy people are weeping.

woots!! we should be proud of ourselves man. even though i did not manage to find my blue ring :(

• Senior Reefer

This is the only omobranchus found in Asia right?

no. there are many more found in taiwan and japan.

this is the only one that matched our location and habitat.

HAHAHAHAHA. somewhere in a stately manor along an english country side, Dr. pyle and helmut debelius and all other fishy people are weeping.

woots!! we should be proud of ourselves man. even though i did not manage to find my blue ring :(

You can always get from you know who to keep a small blue ring for you if they ever catch... LOL.. Can get some more of this omobranchus from him also..

LOL...

Edited by Terryz_

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

You can always get Shannon to keep a small blue ring for you if they ever catch... LOL.. Can get some more of this omobranchus from him also..

LOL...

shh!! don't reveal our secret location! hahha.

• Senior Reefer

Singapore's own Omobranchus... Endemic to Singapore..

it's not endemic to singapore.

Omobranchus meniscus is found in thailand, singapore and maybe indonesia.

Oh.. But it is nice to have them and be the first to capture its photo..

True. The wonders of Google-fu. Funny why someone would put the species name of a newly discovered species up on the internet without a photograph of it.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

True. The wonders of Google-fu. Funny why someone would put the species name of a newly discovered species up on the internet without a photograph of it.

If it is newly discovered, it should have a photo... but no photo of it on the net... Not very nice fish? I find it cute..

Edited by Terryz_

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

since there's no photo, we might not even be correct that ours is O. meniscus. we're just very certain only.

even naoko wrasse, which looks so different from rubriventralis, was not even confirmed a new species until dorsal fin count, scale count, DNA sequence. scientists take no chances.

our blenny might have no photo because maybe at that time it was very rare and only 1 holotype has been collected. like Apolymichthys guezei.

and that photo was way too cui to be put up on fishbase :P

since there's no photo, we might not even be correct that ours is O. meniscus. we're just very certain only.

even naoko wrasse, which looks so different from rubriventralis, was not even confirmed a new species until dorsal fin count, scale count, DNA sequence. scientists take no chances.

our blenny might have no photo because maybe at that time it was very rare and only 1 holotype has been collected. like Apolymichthys guezei.

and that photo was way too cui to be put up on fishbase :P

You just hope, you did not catch all of them... LOL... If not no more supply liao..

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

You just hope, you did not catch all of them... LOL... If not no more supply liao..

some of them escaped my net. i remember.....

:(

no lah. other 'places' should have them too :P

• Senior Reefer

Your photos will not make it to fishbase. You know why? All the photos on fishbase are of dead fish. :idea:

no not all lah lol.

only the rarer ones are dead or drawn. butterflies, angels, alot are live photos.

• Senior Reefer

Next week, back to same kelong for fishing and blenny-ing... It looks so much like the brachiosarus blenny.

wan to go again ask me!!!! i wanna go collect more!

weekend please :P

maybe this time can EAT my blue ring angel...maybe this time.

• Senior Reefer

But dunno what they feed on leh.. Not feeding yet.. Get another 2 for me.. LOL..

i have 6 with me for you to slowly take if yours die. so long as i have a pair i'm happy haha.