Emmanuel's Saltwater Tank

Emmanuel

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

True percula and a goniopora may be a good match.

But never keep sun corals with shrimps. They will keep nibbling on the sun corals when u are trying to target feed them.

Sun corals (donated by my friend)

DSC_0561.jpg

Cleaner Skunk Shrimp

DSC_0478.jpg

Gonio is not the natural host for clownfish. Do monitor as the gonio may not like the clown disturbing it constantly.

Gonio is not the natural host for clownfish. Do monitor as the gonio may not like the clown disturbing it constantly.

Ya .. I know it is not very healthy for the coral .. Is there any other nice corals to let my clown rest his fins at night ?

Really had the urge to try anemone. But still too inexperienee for it.

• SRC Member

hey em! your blue tang looks cute! haha,oh n thanks for helping me house some my of stuff in your tank, haven't tank u in person yet.

hmm anemone looks nice.. but can cause a havoc if they up the lorry bro, :)

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

• SRC Member

Latest addition

Long Noes Hawkfish

DSC_0460.jpg

Can anyone ID this for me ?

It came with the rocks which i got from a fellow reefer.

DSC_0556.jpg

Is it a yuma or a ricordea ?

eh em does your 2nd pic looks sumthing like :

http://mysaltyobsession.com/user/311934/images/majano.jpg http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:qsw-zkGs-rIuHM::&t=1&usg=__YCraw6HvSA15vtd3lyg-llzbYqg=

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

• SRC Member

haha yeap, the compressor will be installed next week :) hmm majano spreads quite fast le, and can be harder to kill than aiptasi but hmm think saw 1 LFS sellng them b4, looks really nice though,

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • SRC Member

emmanuel!! you have a PBT!!! Beautiful!! :)))) Did I meet you @ Thairun's place the other day or am I mistaken? what a lovely little tank.. and I agree with you.. midas blennies love to belly dance!

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

Your overflow piping looks interesting bro. It looks like having 2 outlets. Can share a little on:

(1) Where do they lead to?

(2) Any noise problem?

it is a small box with 2 holes drilled and leads to the sump. noise is unbearable. lol. i will not do this in future !!

emmanuel!! you have a PBT!!! Beautiful!! :)))) Did I meet you @ Thairun's place the other day or am I mistaken? what a lovely little tank.. and I agree with you.. midas blennies love to belly dance!

Yeah. I'm the one at thairun's place. The day after i got the zoas from thairun, i went down to CF and got this PBT.Am really happy with this healthy fish and indeed i love this PBT(very handsome). wish it will stay small forever =)

wasn't feeding for the first 3 days and thankfully, it is feeding happily now =)

u need to increase the flow on your bottom left.. or u can get a sand bed dweller...

u broke your urge for rbta ytd lolx.. dun worry its a gd catch.. just becareful of it stunning other corals.

post #25 is a yuma...

Bro, the RBTA decided to move !! gosh.. move to a spot where i can't really see it. I thought it was missing this morning. But luckily it resurfaced just now when i came back home. i was really worried where it was when i was at work during the day . heng ah, everything is ok . just that i don't like the position the RBTA is at now.

I will post a pics of the RBTA later on.

• SRC Member

u mention the noisy overflow box i am sure can solve this prob..

maybe u can take a pic of it..

is a some prob tht can be solve with durso pipes?

This is how my overflow looks like.

Washing machine pipe was used to channel the water to sump. outflow diameter is i think 1" each. x 2 .

overflow3.jpg

overflow2.jpg

overflow1.jpg

I don't think i've enough space for a durso pipe bro. Probably one outflow would suffice but i was kiasu when i was making this tank. Opted for 2 outflows and now the noise is x 2 . lol. any idea on how to improve on it ?

This is how my overflow looks like.

Washing machine pipe was used to channel the water to sump. outflow diameter is i think 1" each. x 2 .

overflow3.jpg

overflow2.jpg

overflow1.jpg

I don't think i've enough space for a durso pipe bro. Probably one outflow would suffice but i was kiasu when i was making this tank. Opted for 2 outflows and now the noise is x 2 . lol. any idea on how to improve on it ?

u ever try rolled a plastic netting in to a cylindrical shape n cupped it on it?

u ever try rolled a plastic netting in to a cylindrical shape n cupped it on it?

have not... never seen or heard before.

maybe i shall try it but what kind of netting are u referring to ?

if i can get a netting. roll it up into a cone shape and attach it to the outflow pipe using cable tie . it might helps ?

• SRC Member

May have sufficient space for a durso if you seal one of the overflow. Just make sure the downward facing durso opening is lower than existing drilled hole to your overflow box.

Worth a try if the noise continues to irritate you.

on 2nd thought i not sure the dorso will be able to handle your overflow rate, it may flood the overflow box if not outflow fast enuff..there is also a height requirement for dorso,if u cut wrongly it would be flooding...

plastic netting in pic available at hardware store, daiso may sell also..(settle for less than $6-$8 with the cable tie)

if you dun like the idea in the pic, prob u can buy a 90deg elbow,buy one tht fits into the inner diameter of your pipe..

(this prob cost less than $2) i buy 13mm t-joint at 40cent...

Cheers...

post-2836-0-31578500-1298125609_thumb.jp