Tench1's Reefing log

tench1

409427_10150566544849599_673354598_8958426_2074728423_n.jpg

Successfully kept this Goby alive. The Court Jester Goby, also referred to as the Rainford's Goby, or Old Glory, was first discovered in the Western Pacific in 1940 by Whitely and gets its name from its brightly colored body. The body is green and blue with horizontal orange stripes running the entire length of the body. The Court Jester Goby is very timid and peaceful and is a great addition to the reef or fish only aquarium. I had tried once, adding directly to the main-display tank, ended up died due to aggression from PBT.

It should be kept in an aquarium that is well-established and has live rock and sand on which the fish can graze. It is best to keep only one of this species in an aquarium, unless the tank is large with an abundance of hiding places. It is rarely aggressive towards other species.

409427_10150566544849599_673354598_8958426_2074728423_n.jpg

Successfully kept this Goby alive. The Court Jester Goby, also referred to as the Rainford's Goby, or Old Glory, was first discovered in the Western Pacific in 1940 by Whitely and gets its name from its brightly colored body. The body is green and blue with horizontal orange stripes running the entire length of the body. The Court Jester Goby is very timid and peaceful and is a great addition to the reef or fish only aquarium. I had tried once, adding directly to the main-display tank, ended up died due to aggression from PBT.

It should be kept in an aquarium that is well-established and has live rock and sand on which the fish can graze. It is best to keep only one of this species in an aquarium, unless the tank is large with an abundance of hiding places. It is rarely aggressive towards other species.

Hi bro, can pm me the price of that goby and where u got it.

Thanks!

409427_10150566544849599_673354598_8958426_2074728423_n.jpg Successfully kept this Goby alive. The Court Jester Goby, also referred to as the Rainford's Goby, or Old Glory, was first discovered in the Western Pacific in 1940 by Whitely and gets its name from its brightly colored body. The body is green and blue with horizontal orange stripes running the entire length of the body. The Court Jester Goby is very timid and peaceful and is a great addition to the reef or fish only aquarium. I had tried once, adding directly to the main-display tank, ended up died due to aggression from PBT. It should be kept in an aquarium that is well-established and has live rock and sand on which the fish can graze. It is best to keep only one of this species in an aquarium, unless the tank is large with an abundance of hiding places. It is rarely aggressive towards other species.

I have never been successful with Rainford. For some reason, they dissappear from me. Good job, Frank.

cheers

Mike: thanks bro! It's successful becos it's in the sump. Have no confident to insert it into the main tank. I bet you can do it as well. Get the new guy healthy and acustomed to your water parameters 1st. Then once it's good enough to battle it out , insert inside your main.

Tian: from CF. Less than 2 red notes.

• 2 years later...

Am back for second round!

Restarted my tank after a year and finally, completed the cycling process.

Added 2 reactors that i had found in my stores while clearing the rubbish.

- used one connecting in-series with the chiller return for carbon

- another as Rowa Reactor, a stand-alone pump. (Should i consider adding that in series after the Carbon? If chemically, there's no issue, by doing that, will save some electricity.)

Rescape is another must thing to do. Hated my last one. Full of flaws. This time wise, had made things simpler.

• SRC Member

Will running the chiller return pump in series with the carbon reactor restrict the flow and lose efficency on the cooling of the tank?

Cheers,

James

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Crystal glass 53" x 22" x 17" rimless (inclusive of 12"x22"x17" IOS)

Life Reef HVS3-24 with mazzei venturi

ATI Sunpower 8 x 39w T5 (4 x Blue plus, 2 x Aqua blue special, Coral plus)

ZET Light 3 x 3w LEDs moonlight

Arctica 1/3 Hp + 1/4 Hp back up

Vortech mp40w x 3 + Jebao wp25

Eheim 1264 x 3 + water blaster 5000

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

Kamoer 3 channel + CaCl2 + NaHCo3

150L Refugium with DSB, miracle mud, cheato

2ft T5 x 2 light tubes for refugium

Hi Mike, agreed! Once a reefer always a reefer.

Hi Terry, am using ehiem 1260. It's creating a lot of turbulence inside the reactor. Pushing quite a substantial carbon upwards. Luckily I had pull in a stopper mash to prevent all come coming out.

Hi James, you are right about the efficiency level. The flow rates sure drop slightly. But I don't find significant prolong in kicking in time. Somehow our ambience temp is the culprit... Will monitor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This time round, I had replaced my tunze wavemakers with jebao Wp25 x 2.

Very effective little toy, completely outrun wavebox.

However, the controller is a nuisance and very heng heng, I got lemon one. Now waiting for reef essential to replace the faulty one...

CA and MG were low. Have started dosing additives.

Added a few new cleaning members today. 5 x turbo snails and 2 x shifting sand star.

Testing coral by adding a rock of hairy mushrooms from Beng.

Found a hitch hiker slug. (Letture green slug) haha interesting fellow

Camping here to see your progress!!

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

I notice that even If I turn on just 2 x 39 tubes for 12 hrs, with po4 close to zero, the brown algae blooms... Is this normal for tank just setup?

Its normal for diatoms bloom for new setup. Juz continue wif ur WC routine and dosing of bacteria. It will go away soon. Cheers.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Haha, getting rusty here. Thanks for the advice. Admitaltian. :) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No prob, u r welcome.